It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Is A Prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I had a very interesting dream last night. Many of us believe we live on a prison planet and that may be true, but in this dream I "learned" that time itself is a prison.

When we decode the mystery of time we will truly be free.

Some believe this state is achieved through death and, again, that may be the case. In my dream, breaking free of time was possible without death.

I had the thought that in doing so one might lose one's soul to gain the world, as if science would be crossing the Rubicon. I don't know, but the dream was still educational and it gave me a sense of hope for the future.

Maybe I remote-viewed the Singularity.

I hope this gives those who visit my thread something positive to think about today.
edit on 12/3/2012 by rtyfx because: Edited the thread title

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
According to one theorist, time is an artifact of consciousness......
Perhaps the illusion of time is only applicable to beings here in thrid dimension?
Thus of course death will free us.....
However the physics of the future may actually be able to take this into acount, and we will be able to look BOTH ways down the timestream???
Aother theory is that time is a product of gravitation, and that it "runs at different rates depending on your position in the universe, and the effects of gravity upon you???

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I'm going to do some digging. You got me thinking about the speed of time.

I wonder if it passed slower on the moon due to lower gravity. I've never heard anyone comment on that.

I think I have that right. Higher/faster, lower/slower.

- - -

It's the other way around. Time passes faster in lower gravity.
edit on 12/3/2012 by rtyfx because: Added info

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
According to one theorist, time is an artifact of consciousness......
Perhaps the illusion of time is only applicable to beings here in thrid dimension?
Thus of course death will free us.....
However the physics of the future may actually be able to take this into acount, and we will be able to look BOTH ways down the timestream???
Aother theory is that time is a product of gravitation, and that it "runs at different rates depending on your position in the universe, and the effects of gravity upon you???

If time is an artifact of consciousness then wouldn't gravity be an artifact of consciousness as well?

Didn't Einstein prove that they are inextricably connected?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
If time is an artifact of consciousness then wouldn't gravity be an artifact of consciousness as well?

Didn't Einstein prove that they are inextricably connected?

Time isn't an artifact of consciousness (not in the sense that you think, anyway) -- one philosophical view (Emmanuel Kant was one who held it) is that it is a conjured framework by which we interpret reality, but the connection between time and relativistic physics would simply be an external modification of that framework, because if gravity or velocity changes, perception does as well, relatively.

The other predominant view is that time is merely the process by which things happen in sequence, and has nothing to do with observation.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Your take brings me to the simulated universe theory.

I feel as though the answer to this problem is just beyond my grasp. I'm sure you've been there.

Everything is perceived subjectively, processed to objective by our mind and interpreted for possible output. This brings me again to the belief that we are biological machines functioning in a, gulp, matrix. I hate to use that word because people automatically think of the movie, but the framework is best described that way.

I can't help feeling that we are within something that we only perceive as the universe but which is really much smaller and confined.

I think we are, technologically, very close to stopping time and I believe CERN will have something to do with that.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Time is a prison created to trap the infinite. The infinite represents you we are beings of infinite creation. Time is a prison which separates the infinite being into infinite pieces. Trapping each piece into its own space within time. Quantum mechanics shows how time separates the infinite in the Many-worlds interpretation.

The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction and denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternate histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). In layman's terms, the hypothesis states there is a very large—perhaps infinite[2]—number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes. The theory is also referred to as MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, or just many-worlds.

Time was created to take each part of your infinite being separating it from each other; allowing each part to have its own consciousness. One of the reasons this reality was created is to expand consciousness so time was created. Its like what rtyfx said "If time is an artifact of consciousness then wouldn't gravity be an artifact of consciousness as well?" everything in this reality, this world is a artifact of consciousness. Time was not created to be a prison but it is being used as one; I say so cause time is what keeps us here. We created this reality to experience contrast and to expand consciousness, life is an extension of the spiritual world. So at anytime we decide that we had experience enough expanded our consciousness enough we could go back to being infinite. Not trap in a endless loop of rebirth with no knowlege of what we are or experiences we had. Somewhere along the way we got lost or were led a stray into a endless cycle of needing to be saved for reason I'm still trying to decode.

The funny thing is that time is not real it bound us cause we allow it. This equation represent how my theory of time. As I said time is what separate the infinite and give it its now space which intern give it is own consciousness. If you make the infinite the subject of the equation you would find that time cancel it self the only thing that is left is reality and space.

R = Reality (Consciousness, World, Life etc.) I = Infinite Being (you, me, everybody) S = Space

R = I/T + S
R = S I/T
R = ST + I / T
RT = ST + I
I = RT - ST
I = R - S
edit on 31-5-2017 by Aizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join