It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So do I take a left or a right at dream paralysis?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by WHYFIGHT

Well, young feller I'm 47 have meditated since my early 20's, have experienced astral travelling and the occasional
oobe. What I am saying unless you ward off any danger prior to trying an out of body experience you risk the danger of inviting a presence that doesn't have your good interests at heart.
We know very little about our own reality let alone other realities or what takes place once you leave the relative safety of our bodies.
Make sure you say some kind of protection words prior and ask for assistance from your higher self, and whether you believe in God or a creator ask for some assistance and protection.
Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyezenmaitreya

Oh, so you aren't really experimenting with an OBE...this changes things. Personally, I feel you should have mentioned this from the start. After all, you're just trying to correct a problem...not transcend your limits. Is that correct?

I am absolutely pushing the bounds of my consciousness, and actively pursuing an out of body experience and whatever else I can experience along the way. I seem to be in a rut and i am looking for others who are on the same path to foster the experience.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

You misunderstand what i was asking. I was asking him to describe it in terms of characteristics. I seem to recall mentioning earlier to avoid a statement like this, that i already knew about shadow people. I believe this was it, "Well as for the sleep paralysis, i haven't had that problem(with the shadow people and being unable to move)."regardless i appreciate your input, it just wasn't necessary that particular time.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

How EXACTLY does this occur for you in particular? Like do you go to bed after a set routine and it just happens? Or do you simply doze off and it happens when you get completely relaxed? How and how this might have first occurred are very important details to have in order to assist you with this problem.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Well, the advice i can give you to possibly correct the problem you mentioned is not sleeping on your back and thinking positive, after all despair only breeds more despair.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by eyezenmaitreya

Believe it or not after many years battling this creature, in a dream I saw a puffy little white being with red eyes and red mouth that called itself a Pookah, I knew nothing about irish mythology until researching this name and co-incidentally I am Irish in about 5/8 's of my genealogy - Great Grandparents.
Whether thers's some ancient connection who know's, all I know is I beat the sh*t out of him in the dream and he hasn't bothered me much since.
I have always had very vivid dreams and can control my dreams more often than not, I also fly a hell of a lot, but get stopped by powerlines sometimes. I dont know what that means.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Yes, i know you mentioned the suffocating feeling and whatnot. But i was referring to how that originates. In other words is it sudden or constant, or if you do anything in particular before that happens like maybe roll over.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

what are your suggestions for dealing with this to arrive at a true out of body experience.

you say you want to grow. is it to become mightier ? are you in your real life in some sort suppressed or repressed ?
my suggestion is to grow in the "real" world, not in the inner world. as a human you are a material creature, not a spiritual one.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Well isn't that ironic, I am also Irish on my great grandparents side. Though, it seems like this creature was another incarnation of your fears to me(which i'm sure you already know). I must say that is quite a interesting story.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Agreed, you have to master yourself before you can master others.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Maybe you are trying to hard and putting too much pressure on your self when not achieving your aim, hence the rut.
You need to relax more and let nature take its course, it will happen its own time as it is not something you can force there is no magical easy way to achieve this.
Dont put such pressure on yourself, learn from those who have achieved this. I actually found myself looking down at myself in a meditation and I dont know how it happened, it just did. I also panicked and found myself back in my body. Work on opening the third eye, thats what I was trying to do and I was visualising on trying to travel forwards through it, then I was out and then just as quickly back.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Agreed, you have to go with the flow...so to say. Though, i must admit when i was attempting an OBE before i decided to let it happen naturally...that i was trying to force it(particularly that last step when it didn't happen naturally). Learning to be at ease with who you are and having control over yourself is key to achieving success in that area. Or at least you should work on those before trying to complete astral projection, as it will greatly make a difference.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

How EXACTLY does this occur for you in particular? Like do you go to bed after a set routine and it just happens? Or do you simply doze off and it happens when you get completely relaxed? How and how this might have first occurred are very important details to have in order to assist you with this problem.

The first occurrence that I remember was a dream where multicolor bears were coming in my bedroom window lots of them one after the other but the room never filled up. that was kindergarten. I don't know when it started It has just always been there. It used to just happen. My dream world is usually fully immersive, sight, sound, smell, taste, feeling. with variances of course. I focus on the color flashes and shapes as I lay in bed, shortly i stop noticing the passage of time and there is a period of just blackness, sometimes this is associated with patterns. Lately the flower of life pattern in a brilliant blue undulating curtain. At some point I feel the paralysis coming sometimes a good bit before it actually occurs. Sometimes it smacks into me like a train other times it's like slowly being pulled under the surface. I can relax into and it subsides or get stronger, I can fight it and it subsides or gets stronger. Usually I get it to subside one way or the other and then there is just me and the void. I just can't get to the point where I rise up out of my body through the roof and explore the world. Maybe its just " this far you will go and no further" as stated in the bible and everyone else is just BSing.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Agreed, the mind is a funny thing. It seems somehow I turned this creature into a physical being in a dream, defeated it and the rest is history.
However I am sure my higher self had a hand in it, through meditation I have found a conduit to communicate with him. Also I was diagnosed with depression in 2006 and was on anti-depressants for 18 months, that was the kicker, meditation and anti - depressants opened up a line of communication.
Funnily I now know my depression was caused by having celiac disease, a gluten intolerance.
If i told most people they would think I am crazy, however I get good guidance which is what his purpose is.
Its all good.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Well this may sound a bit awkward, but i think you are immersed in the "dream world" aka your subconscious and want to distance yourself as much as possible from reality. I can't say i blame you if that is the case, but like many have mentioned...you have to master one world before trying to master others(as in your conscious behavior before trying to master your subconscious.) They don't mix...which i'm thinking is your problem when you relax.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

In retrospect to how you dream, I don't remember my dreams. That is except for one which was more like a warning, which i mentioned earlier on a different board(very ominous(but would have no connection later in terms of a premonition)) and that has been the only dream i remember since i was little and had night terrors. So, at least you can remember your dreams. There is always a bright side to anything, no matter how dark it may be.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Do you ever have dreams where you can fly, I dont mean meditation I mean dreams.
I often fly to lands that are amazing, the architecture, people with different coloured skin. Sometimes I can control my flight and other times not.
I have been lucid dreaming for years.
I almost wake up in a dream, I know I am dreaming and experiment with trying to control it, sometimes I can and other times I cant. But Lucid dreaming I believe is somehow connected to what you are trying to achieve.
Sometimes in a dream I will feel myself rise out of my body, I can see my body and then I can float through a wall and fly higher and higher, I agree many people bullsh*t about this, I can assure you it is real.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

what are your suggestions for dealing with this to arrive at a true out of body experience.

you say you want to grow. is it to become mightier ?

Mightier? Than what?
I don't desire might. I desire knowledge and truth. I don't desire these things to gain advantage either. This world is lies and distraction. I'm here to learn who and what I am and help all those that I can along the way.

Power is empty. Love is infinitely satisfying
-Whyfight

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I agree very much with your statement, after all your name doesn't speak of one who desires power. But as for your statement, there is more to it then you may have knowingly desired...which is why i agreed with it. After all, nothing is everything and everything is nothing. Now you may not understand the full meaning behind that statement, but i assure you it means significantly more than it outwardly describes.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

I also had night terrors as a kid, I have also had this explained to me as my line of communication with my higher self stopped after receiving a severe cocussion aged 3.
Believe it or not I had an imaginary friend up until that day I fell down 3 steps and smashed my skull open.
According to my parents I never had night terrors until after that accident, they put it down to trauma caused by the accident, Iremember my imaginary friend and remember him going away.
My parents said I stopped talking to the imaginary friend after the accident, so in a way it all fits.
No imaginary friend/higher self = night terrors and later sleep paralysis.
Meditating in my 20's began to combat this, anti - depressants kicked it along. So maybe there is something to being protected and guided by your higher self.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join