It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So do I take a left or a right at dream paralysis?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

...............wow, that's a lot in common. You ALSO had a concussion at THREE, which is why you stopped having night terrors. Though, my night terror might have been an imaginary friend and i didn't realize it at the time. I also started meditating in my early 20's, but i did it to evolve myself to a higher state of being.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WHYFIGHT

This world is lies and distraction.

sorry to ask this, but you want to engage the spiritual dream-world, which is definitely a illusion ?

please keep in mind, there are non-human entities interfering with human lives. the mode of operation by these beings can be deceiving and cheating.

can you distinguish between the realistic and the deceiving "inputs" to your perception ?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I'll leave you with this thought and you are right this world is full of lies and distractions. But currently you are living in this world and I agree with the other poster you need to control this world before worrying about whats beyond.
No amount of mind powers will help you in this hell hole of a planet we live in.
We are controlled i every move we make for every wakig moment.
I think you have to play their game to a point without losing your own self respect.
I wish you all the best in what you are trying to achieve.
Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

I agree we are playing a game of chess, and we are the pawns.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

I think that is a quote from someone else in response to my questioning them having paralysis or not, quoted by another user. I am having a problem with the paralysis potentially being in the way of my out of body experience.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras

I'll leave you with this thought and you are right this world is full of lies and distractions. But currently you are living in this world and I agree with the other poster you need to control this world before worrying about whats beyond.
No amount of mind powers will help you in this hell hole of a planet we live in.
We are controlled i every move we make for every wakig moment.
I think you have to play their game to a point without losing your own self respect.
I wish you all the best in what you are trying to achieve.
Peace

To me this world is inconsequential, one step on a much vaster journey. Those who seek power and control wind up stuck here. Masters of a world that in comparison is just an infinitely small sliver of what reality truly is. I have outgrown my body and this world and I want to start looking at what is next until my time comes to take the next step.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

This world is lies and distraction.

sorry to ask this, but you want to engage the spiritual dream-world, which is definitely a illusion ?

please keep in mind, there are non-human entities interfering with human lives. the mode of operation by these beings can be deceiving and cheating.

can you distinguish between the realistic and the deceiving "inputs" to your perception ?

Yes I can. Or should i say that I know when things are wrong. I am also not entirely convinced on the notion of the idea that that world is illusory. I have found that it is not possible to be deceptive as well as things that are not true or correct stand out glaringly so. I am safe and I have no fear. we are all so much more than we let ourselves experience.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyezenmaitreya

Well this may sound a bit awkward, but i think you are immersed in the "dream world" aka your subconscious and want to distance yourself as much as possible from reality. I can't say i blame you if that is the case, but like many have mentioned...you have to master one world before trying to master others(as in your conscious behavior before trying to master your subconscious.) They don't mix...which i'm thinking is your problem when you relax.

Well, I'm not looking for mastery. I simply wish to be to my full potential of being. I am me and my behavior is the result of me being, not something to be mastered or controlled. controlling or mastering my conscious or sub-conscious would be akin to lying because I would not be myself I would be what I thought the world or people desired of me. Reality is what I am striving for.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The experience you were feeling sounds a lot like what happens right before you leave your body. I know this because I downloaded some .pdf files on how to do astral projection. I used to try it a lot, but got seriously freaked out at the same point you just described - anyway, there's your answer.

The weird part is the originating at your neck... hmm... I don't remember.

The signs that you are about to leave your body would be the noise and the vibration.

edit on 3-12-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Your tripping out on '___' nothing less nothing more.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So do I take a left or a right at dream paralysis?

Do a barrel roll!

Seriously though, I have some books about this kind of thing that suggest when you're about to lose it, try and roll around and around.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Something like that happened to me before . I was having a dream about a cougar being inside my house. at the end of the dream he tried to bite my head off and when i actually woke up my head was really bleeding and then i died

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sounds like hypnagogia.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
at first the best way to "detach" is to "roll over" on either side, but much like breath it's meant to be a smooth and easy transition.

meditation is key to controlling thought as thought becomes action and command outside the physical body

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Can you link the pdf docs, I'd be interested in giving them a read. If they don't do the trick I can always try a barrel roll as previously stated.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Your tripping out on '___' nothing less nothing more.

Just as likely I suppose; but I think there is much more to it than that. Even if '___' is the culprit who's to say that it isn't more than just a chemical reaction.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Philosophile

I have never heard of this before. Thanks for the link.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philosophile
Sounds like hypnagogia.

Fascinating read! Thank you!

It mentions a number of times about eeg's. I had a sleep study many years ago and was able to produce a paralysis episode during. I noted the time on the log when I pulled my self out of it and to my disappointment there was nothing at that interval on the test results. There was another instance during an in the office sleep study which again turned up no evidence of anything. It was funny because when I woke up was so excited that it had happened again during a test that i made them look at the tapes right there on the spot...I'm sure they took quite a bit of notes afterwards. they probably thought I was

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Hey Guys,

Been an in-active member for about 2 weeks now (snooping and doing my daily catch up of all things underground) and decided to create an account and offer up and experiences I have had in this field. I have been since awoken and now understand that we truly have a higher power/meaning and that we are merely experiencing this world through the only way possible (for now), the human body. This got me thinking and I was able to tie a few dreams together and make sense of a few things.

The first is closely related to this notion of Sleep Paralysis and Demons/Spirits. Here is how my dream went:

I was at my Aunties house around the corner playing with their dog. I was about 14-16 years old. Everything was honkey dory until the dog turned evil, started barking at me and bolted at my chest only to knock me over and triumphantly stand with all fours on my chest as he barks at me. As I woke up from this dream my reality was skewed. I could feel this intense pressure on my chest as if someone was pushing down on me; keeping me immobile. I tried to move; but to no avail. I was frozen. I could even see some black shadow figure at the food of my bed. This whole sensation was new to me; so I battled it. I was so scared. I even tried to scream so my brother in the above bunk could break me free. I eventually was able to break free of this ‘prison’ (if you will) as all my muscles relaxed and I gained full control of my body again. There was no black figure and I was wide awake again.

Now that was the first instance. The next instance was around 21 years of age. This time my dream experience was much different – No paralysis but rather a new feeling.

I was doing my usual thing dreaming away; until something in my dream happened that awoke me to the fact I was indeed in a dream state. A friend and I were attempting to go fishing when I jumped from the wharf, 20 metres into the air and onto the boat she was in. I immediately was knocked back as my reaction was one of confusion. How was I able to do that? Having this distinguishable conscience that was able to separate physicality with dreaming woke me up. I then ran over to her in the boat; hugged her and then woke up. I didn’t even have time to think.

Ever since those I have yet to experience any sort of dreaming states or awareness. I am now a bit older and am looking for the missing pieces. I too want to experience my higher being.
If this sheds any similarities or light on anyone’s experience; please feel free to share!

Peace Out & In

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WHYFIGHT

This most recent attempt was met with the sensation of a hand clamping down on my throat and a rhythmic pulsing in the paralysis that seemed to emanate from my neck. The pulsing had a noise that went with it that i don't know how to describe. So i told my wife to wake me up. (Sometimes I get stuck or lost)

Ummmm That was YOU trying to speak and ask your wife to wake you up.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join