It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I was young I would die in ALL my dreams...What does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Many people in this world believe that dreams have a specific meaning depending on what takes place
inside your sleeping mind.

What is a dream?
Is it just sub-conscious visual thought projections supplied by an unconscious mind what purpose to the biology of mankind is still a mystery in our current understanding of?

Can our dreams tell us information about our psyches that we aren't even aware of?

Can dreams predict the future, or reveal to us our destiny?

Why are people allowed to shell out over $100 a month on a smart phone plan, but still qualify for welfare?
These are questions that we do not understand the full truth behind.

When I was a kid, between the ages of 5 and up to the age of 14, I would have dreams were i would die!
Simple enough. Death.
I used to be ghastly scared that death would take me at any instance because of this.
Simple occurrences that would trigger a cataclysm, or just being at the wrong place at the wrong time were always possible at every waking moment in my young mind that would convince me of impending death.

My nightly death inside my dreams caused me to become vastly interested in all aspects of the unknown properties and the general understanding of all forms of perception that dying or recently dead people experience.

Like I just stated, death would occur in EVERY dream.
Not just seeing myself become killed would happen.
I would feel the pain of being stabbed or splattering on a hard surface following a fall.
Being run over by a semi. Ripped apart by 15' tall monkey men that my brother was fighting with a claymore.
My dreams were like the "1000 ways to die" times ten!
If you can think it, then I have died like that in my dreams

The most famous dream I remember was:
The setting was in my room where I slept except the room was giant sized or i was tiny and the scale of the room as opposed to me was like being in the downtown part of a big city. I would wander safely until I came across a polar bear bigger than any normal bear of that species, and it would hunt me down mercilessly until
it caught me by the legs and ripped them off.
I could feel it rend every part of my body until I finally died as I was hoping it would finally end. I would float up and see my mangled corpse and everything would get brighter until everything was white, and I would awaken.

I know some of you ATS dwellers must have some knowledge or expertise in the area of the symbology of Dreams and I was wondering about your opinion of the meaning of this kind of dream pattern and maybe even the effect it would have on a person's mental state...

What do dreams like this mean?

Btw, posted this early in the morn, won't be back on til early next morn. I am serious about looking into the meaning of these dreams as they have started happening again more frequently, recently.
edit on 3-12-2012 by RothchildRancor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RothchildRancor

I've never known anyone who has said they've felt pain in their dreams... except myself. It's good to know I'm not the only one. I'm not sure what it all means. Some are just dreams. Can our dreams reveal truth? Yes. t's happened to me on quite a few occasions, from getting past difficult parts in video games to what a particular someone may feel for me or has done behind my back.

Life is weird like that. I'm not a dream guru or anything but I've had my own experiences. Lucid dreaming, OBEs. It's all real, not only is it real but they are abilities that we can hone and take full control of.

As far as the dying goes... you know.. there are a lot of theories out there. Some believe we may not be alive, thus still in a "dream-like" state. While some other believe that we die here but our consciousness gets adsorbed into some other parallel universe and it just felt like a dream.

Let me question on the latter a little. So say you died in a dream and you wake up. At any point after dying in a dream have you asked somebody a question related to some kind of event you may have shared and they don't remember? Ex. A few years ago, you remember going to an amusement park with a dear friend and something very interesting may have happened, something you that is "unforgettable" and they just don't remember for the life of them as if it never happened? Would it be weird to say.. that you died in a previous universe and the current universe you're in, that special event never took place? Weird thoughts.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
You have a lot of deep seated bitterness and unfortunately most of it is aimed at yourself. Your father left when you were young guess.

Your name Rothchidrancor (although I think you mean Rothschild) the rancor means... "Bitterness and long-lasting resentment with a deep-seated ill will". The name itself is a dead (eccuse the pun) giveaway of who you think you are.

All that's happening is your psyche is telling you to let go of stuff that makes you angry. You're not going to die it's just a warning from your body and mind reacting to the damage you are creating in yourself by letting this anger affect your body and mind.

If you're not getting sick all the time, then you soon will be if you don't get help to let this hatred of yourself go.

If you don;t think you have a hatred for yourself, you're in deeper trouble than you think..

However, after saying all that, why is ATS used at a psychological soundboard. This is supposed to be about secret and weird stuff and aliens and doom and gloom relating to the planet. Weird how it's changing to 'whats my dream about' !

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

It doesn't mean anything. You can die as many times as you like in a dream. When it comes to real life, it only usually happens once and I'm sure you wont be dreaming about it afterwards

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Sounds like maybe you are running out of time to make up for past-life bad karma, so you are making up for it in your dreams... experiencing the pain from dying each time.
That's just the first thing that came to my mind, after ruling out past-life memories.
(I was going to say past-life memories, but judging from your description of the dreams, I doubt that to be the case.)

ETA: Of course there could be psychological issues here, if you want a scientific/medical explanation. I just tend to think outside the box sometimes.

edit on 12/3/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
You have a lot of deep seated bitterness and unfortunately most of it is aimed at yourself. Your father left when you were young guess.

Your name Rothchidrancor (although I think you mean Rothschild) the rancor means... "Bitterness and long-lasting resentment with a deep-seated ill will". The name itself is a dead (eccuse the pun) giveaway of who you think you are.

All that's happening is your psyche is telling you to let go of stuff that makes you angry. You're not going to die it's just a warning from your body and mind reacting to the damage you are creating in yourself by letting this anger affect your body and mind.

If you're not getting sick all the time, then you soon will be if you don't get help to let this hatred of yourself go.

If you don;t think you have a hatred for yourself, you're in deeper trouble than you think..

However, after saying all that, why is ATS used at a psychological soundboard. This is supposed to be about secret and weird stuff and aliens and doom and gloom relating to the planet. Weird how it's changing to 'whats my dream about' !

Yeah my dad died of lung cancer a couple years ago, and have known him my whole life.
He was an amazing father!

You don't know a thing you are talking about.

I had anger issues when I was a kid, but they quickly vanish by the time I was in High School.
Of course, I still have a temper, but only when I have a good reason to.

I don't get in trouble. I don't get in fights.

Yeah they have dedicated forums for those topics.

Welcome to the Dreams and Predictions forum, genius!

There are plenty more ALTERNATIVE TOPICS other
than "secret and weird stuff and aliens and doom and gloom relating to the planet."

So go to hell, and take your fake psychology major somewhere else.
You are useless here!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Unfortunately, dreams do mean something. Recurring dreams, or dreams with recurring themes, especially.

Interesting. I think your unnecessarily combative and angsty response to his analysis of your psyche only reinforces everything he said.

As for what dreams about death mean, just Google the term "dream analysis death", and/or click on this example link.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 3-12-2012 by inivux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux
reply to post by DarknStormy

Unfortunately, dreams do mean something. Recurring dreams, or dreams with recurring themes, especially.

Interesting. I think your unnecessarily combative and angsty response to his analysis of your psyche only reinforces everything he said.

As for what dreams about death mean, just Google the term "dream analysis death", and/or click on this example link.

Unnecessary?

Nothing about his post reflects any part of my life.

I didn't start this thread as a psychological analysis.
I started it as a curiosity about the meaning of dreams and the way they affect the human mind.

If I came of as perturbed, then I was right to because his post was more of an inaccurate assumption.

Real intellectuals ask questions, they don't make assumptions.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Dream analysis, due to the nature of drams, is inherently part of psycho-analysis. They go hand in hand.

Just take a minute to step outside yourself, and read some of the language you chose to use in response to his analysis (that you are an angry person). A lot of it is very angry, defensive, and aggressive, thus making his analysis more or less accurate.

Hell, you're in denial right now.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I read into that post and Jeffrey Sumber's analysis of the dreams about death and their meaning, and I found the part about "a dream about death can also indicate attempts to resolve anxiety or anger directed toward the self."

That truly makes sense because I learned at a young age to be humble, and somewhere down the line it transformed into feeling of never being able to do enough good or obtain enough progress, and it results in anxiety and disappointment in myself.

It is something that I constantly try to work on, but it is as much of a strength as it is a weakness because it drives me to always strive for me.
The bad part is that I have a hard time appreciating what I've done.

Thank you for that link for it has helped me learn a truth about myself!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

There are a lot of other good links under that term as well. Just use you built in BS detector, to separate the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by inivux

Dream analysis, due to the nature of drams, is inherently part of psycho-analysis. They go hand in hand.

Just take a minute to step outside yourself, and read some of the language you chose to use in response to his analysis (that you are an angry person). A lot of it is very angry, defensive, and aggressive, thus making his analysis more or less accurate.

Hell, you're in denial right now.

Of course I am defensive, the guy was talking about my dad being gone since childhood.
The guy sounded pretentious and was making assumptions about my character which offended me.
He deserved it.

Look at how unrelenting you are in trying to prove me and angry person.
Do you even understand the characteristics of an angry person?

It takes a hell of a lot more than a message on the internet to determined ANYTHING about a person.
The pitch of their voice, body language, and their actions will tell you a crap load more.

Oh, but the fact that I said # and # and go to hell means I am angry.

Yeah, watch out for the guy who is upset that his coffee had creamer in it even though that's not what he ordered!
He might whip someone's ass.

Thanks for the link btw.
Jeffrey Sumber's analysis helped me a lot more than you did!

Btw, a little snippit from his article.

a dream about death can also indicate attempts to resolve anxiety or anger directed toward the self.

It talks about anxiety or anger towards oneself.

You both don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I've read a lot that to dream you yourself die symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening to you and is often considered a positive symbol. I'm not saying that I believe that, it's just the general idea I get from everything I've read.
I do and have for as long as I can remember dream of death constantly. Most of the time it's my parents or siblings dying but sometimes it's been me or a pet. I've had these dreams for as long as my memory goes back, as a small child I would wake up terrified A LOT. 3 times something I've dreamt turns out to be the actual way the person dies or the setting of the dream turns out to be the same. It's very weird and I hate it. Many are recurring but after the person dies in real life I don't dream of their death anymore, or as of yet at least.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Celestial1 because: oops, didn't see your last post.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celestial1
I've read a lot that to dream you yourself die symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening to you and is often considered a positive symbol. I'm not saying that I believe that, it's just the general idea I get from everything I've read.
I do and have for as long as I can remember dream of death constantly. Most of the time it's my parents or siblings dying but sometimes it's been me or a pet. I've had these dreams for as long as my memory goes back, as a small child I would wake up terrified A LOT. 3 times something I've dreamt turns out to be the actual way the person dies or the setting of the dream turns out to be the same. It's very weird and I hate it. Many are recurring but after the person dies in real life I don't dream of their death anymore, or as of yet at least.

edit on 3-12-2012 by Celestial1 because: oops, didn't see your last post.

I feel your pain. By now I've gotten used to it. More recently people i care about have died in my dreams and it bothers me more than when I die in my dreams, but none of my dreams have come true.

I am sorry to hear that. I have no idea what it's like.

Although, when my dad was in the hospice, I had a dream that my teeth were falling out.
According to Freud that happens when someone anticipates the death of a loved one.
That was the night before my dad passed away. Not a premonition because we knew his time was
near, but still I found that interesting in a dark sense.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Maybe your karma from past lives dying off..

new topics

top topics

join