It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

74Templar, your work conceptualizing my requests has been phenomenal and I can't thank you enough for your help in working to bring the idea/vision to reality.

While bigfatfurrytexan (what a name!) works on the background (with everything and all the info that's been develped last page), if you happen to come along by here (I realize it's a busy season), and would like to do more, perhaps you might be interested in the "moon work" relative to the avatar, but no matter what I just wanted to thank you wholeheartedly for helping to make my avatar Christmas wish, a reality. And who knows, maybe we, all three of us together, might win the Christmas Holiday Avatar Contest in the process you never know, because it is going to center itself around Jesus and his great work (the last supper) and the Star of Bethlehem (Jupiter/Venus in conjunction), with a starry background as colorful as a Christmas tree, and an earth just waiting to be born, at the dawning of a new age, at the bottom (as a starting point), with Aquarius (new age) hidden in the mix somewhere behind the avatar or lurking, unseen, somewhere in the background starfield
- and to top it off, we have the lunar eclipse in the window of the avatar (da Vinci's The Last Supper), the blood red moon (the original photo of which was recorded in the constellation of Leo), sometimes rising, sometimes risen and sometimes not there at all - I could even have that correspond to our annual lunar cycle, at full moon, once a month.. without taking the hat off year 'round.

We rock! And I'm not just saying that to inspire you to do any more than you have already, no it's just an observation!

Best,

NAM

For reference re: moon replacement graphics

Blood Red Moon in Avatar

And where I said that after shrinking it down in the higest res possible manner, to fade it and make it graphic like, but on second thought, it would look "trippier" I think if it appeared more photographic than graphic, or somewhere in between that's the most aesthetically pleasing, but intended to drive one's curiosity as to what if anything it might signify. If painted in, at that small a location in the overall painting, there wouldn't be any or very much detail, whereas we want as much faintly cratered moon detail as we can get and preserve that when inserting it into the avatar window frame, so that it is clearly, the moon, and a lunar eclipse at that (in a red between the orange of Jesus shirt and hat)..

Illustration (with old moon lacking in moon detail)

1) No Moon

2) Moon Rising

3) Moon Risen

Again, none of this is to be bossy or obsessive compulsive (maybe a tiny bit), and is intended only to be as descriptive as possible, to save time and move us straight to the desired end result without having to go back and forth too much due to a lack of clear communication.

I'm really enjoying this quiet little corner of ATS, away from all the mayham, eh?

Best,

NAM

edit on 18-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Didn't get home until almost 1am. Stupid 8am staff meeting in the morn. But this is what I put together while i fought the sandman:

From the esoteric point of view, I truly appreciate the image for your touches of the six pointed sun fountain. And I tried to place the conjuction where it was at the convex of the gaze of the two figures in the image. It just so happens to be a "V". Very appropriate, given the meaning of the image itself.
edit on 19-12-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

That's awesome, in particular the way you were able to render the transition between the sun's circle of light and the background starfield!

Um I don't want to appear like I'm being too demanding, but I'm sure you knew that I might ask for a couple of minor changes.

Regarding the Earth, I was hoping to go with a scaled down version of the cropped original on the last page ie:

Although it would be a fair bit smaller than that still. My resize in this case might have been off just a tad re: horizontal/verticle dimensions.

Second, you've done a great job in terms of the orientation of the conjunction, but I was wondering if in the same way you handled the transition with the earth's sunlight sphere to background, if we can preserve more of the originals' light-sphere whereby the tips of their "arms" are in direct but slight overlapping contact.

The larger Venus star's radiant light here serves as the "star of Bethlehem" and it's the focal point of the whole background, so it would be nice to somehow preserve it's ambiant lighting effects, and again, because it's a "little sun" that light will block out the surrounding stars to a degree.

I am truly amazed at how well you did the sunlight to starfield background transition, the illusion is almost perfect ie: it looks like one photo, not two combined.

Lastly, we need to preserve the gap at the top for the avatar info as per here

With the exception of the moon-work for the avatar (as posted above) which ought not be too difficult, that's it that's all.

I hope you don't mind working on these final adjustments. Now that you've done through the process once perhaps it won't be as time consuming?, because I don't want you to lose sleep over it.

Thanks so much for your help with this. Nice to see the vision becoming a reality and I couldn't have asked for better helpers.

Best Regards,

Rob

P.S. It doesn't matter if this is completed by Friday morning because it's going to be my permanent avatar-background.

edit on 19-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

yup. i left the .psd open on my laptop at home. I will work on it this evening/in the morning. No staff meeting tomorrow morning, so i will have a little more time I hope.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Thanks so much!

In terms of the location of the Bethlehem star (Jupiter and Venus conjuncted/conjoined), let's place it such that Jupiter (the bigger of the two) points directionally towards the very center of the white ball in Jesus' Santa hat, which in a future edition (not this time 'round as I've made so many requests already) will hide a six-pointed "lens flare" (with only two points being visible because the rest will be hidden by the landscape and his head and hat) and accompanying tiny sphere of radiant light, indicating both a setting and/or rising sun on the horizon in the distance, signifying the hidden "secret" knowledge of the cycle of birth, death and resurrection; yet hidden by the ball on his celebratory hat, which is a symbol of his future celebration of the annual solstice having survived the ordeal of the cross (by a thread) as expected and anticipated with faith.

Talk about exoteric esoterica, eh?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Regarding the Earth, I was hoping to go with a scaled down version of the cropped original on the last page ie:

Although it would be a fair bit smaller than that still. My resize in this case might have been off just a tad re: horizontal/verticle dimensions.

Oh and after minimizing the earth photo from the last page, while retaining it's proportion and dimension, feel free, if needed, to crop it on the left side only, say to the middle of Great Britain and the top of the "boot" of Spain as we want to retain some of the green area above the sun, but I don't want to distort the image at all. In fact the re-size that I've done here might work out on that basis almost perfectly in terms of the maximum allowable width of the background. Then again, it's a little on the large side, as we want to leave room for the starfield and Bethlehem star(s).

I realize this means you''ll need to re-simulate the transition to the starfield and the work involved isn't going without notice.

In fact, about six months into the new year, I might have an interesting proposition for you on a part time basis.

Cheers,

NAM

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

i will likely just use the photo of the earth you provided for part deux.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

For height on the left edge it (top of the earth edge) probably won't go much higher than the top of where the text says in your background

Mood: Jingl\n My Bell

Something like that but I'll leave it up to you to determine what works best.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Essentially, the lower 1/4th, right?

"Looking right" also invokes esoterica as it is derived from sacred geometry. Perhaps we should check out how we can use Phi to determine placement?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Somewhere around there, yeah.

That's a good idea re: Phi Ratio, which is 1.618 www.goldennumber.net...

In that case, we could use the visible window over Mary's shoulder, perhaps using it's height, or diagonal - just a thought, but aside from the total outside dimensions of the avatar itself (which cuts away any other such visible proportions), that's the best "square" available as it always originates with a square. Excellent idea - glad you're thinking along these lines.

Again I don't have to have this finished by Friday (it's not the end of the world) so feel free take your time with it.

I'm glad to have been able to share the info with regards to it's meaning and significance as well, which gives the work another dimension and can make it more enjoyable to participate in as a creative process.

Cheers,

Rob

P.S. Here is the whole painting (The Last Supper) divided into its Phi Ratio proportions

Hhmph, looks like i squished it together a bit when i took the segment out for my avatar (window behind Jesus is supposed to be square and his shoulders bigger, with arms spread wider. Then again, at that rate I wouldn't have been able to include Mary Magdelene (who symbolizes the Bride of Chist).

So yes, for the Phi, we want to maybe work with the visible window in some way or another - excellent idea (Phi).

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Need someone to do mine up Shouldn't be hard. Just want Tut drowning in his tears for certain occasions. Tears flowing into see thru tears up past his nostrils. Any takers ?
edit on 19-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

along with the definite reference to Venus, in the center, with Jesus coming forth from that V shape.

He was a brilliant artist.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It's absolutely hilarious however as to how the v shape was made within the context of what's going on in the painting.

Zoom+Scroll Leonardo da Vinci's Blasphemous Joke "The Last Supper" in High Res.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ah my brother from elsewhere in the forums. Nice mustache! I hope you don't cry very often though once you have your tears.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Did the stache myself !

Maybe a hat like yours would be nice?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Need someone to do mine up Shouldn't be hard. Just want Tut drowning in his tears for certain occasions. Tears flowing into see thru tears up past his nostrils. Any takers ?

Could we maybe do his tears first then, in order to get them over with by an artistic hand capable of wiping them away even as they are added, so that even when he's crying, embedded in his tears, are the joy that also wipes away those tears from his eyes!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Alright just forget it. You have far to much in stitches to take it seriously now.

Just give me a Santa's hat like yours.

Merry Christmas NewAge ! I love ya man.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

oh man Marry Christmas Randy, and Happy New Age?

That's always my hope and prayer that we discover the joke on our own, before it's too late, and try to save the world that way, maybe even like Jesus unleashing a "double bind" on the mind of humanity in the "noosphere", confounding us all in a perfect and beautiful and magnificent mystery, that is at the same time, utterly hilarious in its reasonableness relative to everything that didn't make any sense to begin with - it's absurd. May we get to that which is utterly absurd that we might get to enjoy most fully, everything that is reasonable, rational and that makes perfect sense (that's practical). Jesus was as much a joker, as he was a brilliant teacher, and debater (where did he get THAT from, that's Greek..) and tactician, and in his parables can be unraveled the very joke capable of saving the whole world, if we would but only get it, at last, before the jokes on our own ignorance and at our own expense, which is (or would be, if we let it, if we refused to get the joke) very sad, very sad indeed.

We're were stupid.

That's the joke capable of saving the world.

Jesus knew what he was doing, he didn't mess around it was all or nothing with him, but all he ever wanted was for us, with him, to complete the circle of joy.

...it's like a Jesus Wizard hat or something..!

Yes, get him one quick for Christmas. High priority - I don't know if the elves are listening..? Let's hope so, but it's not the end of the world right?

God Bless and Merry Christmas 2012 (in all seriousness).

Rob
Your brother in him.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

"Looking right" also invokes esoterica as it is derived from sacred geometry. Perhaps we should check out how we can use Phi to determine placement?

Oh oh, if it's not too late re: the placement of the double star - you know how I said have Jupiter point directly to the center of the ball on the top of Jesus' Santa hat - well do that, but could we situate it somewhere over the top of the earth between the point of sunrise and the topmost part of the earth arc. ?

This will show that it's the star that's ALREADY risen, and is one step ahead of the sunrise, and it represents the birth of the dawning of a new age of reason, maybe even good-willing, good natured humor... anything's possible.

At that location, a little out from the earth in space - whatever distance from the avatar I leave up to you (probably phi), the star heralds what's already taken place, while pointing to the hidden sunset/sunrise behind the ball on the santa hat, or future hidden sunrise, which will eventually be embedded in the avatar.

That's trippy because of it's continual feedback-looping of a self-referencial, exoteric esoterica, all within a relative phi ratio proportion perfect for our purposes. Even Lorondardo I think would approve, that we finally figured it out, that we "broke the code" so to speak.

So it's as if it's just risen over the horizon not so long ago.. you know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

oh man Marry Christmas Randy, and Happy New Age?

That's always my hope and prayer that we discover the joke on our own, before it's too late, and try to save the world that way, maybe even like Jesus unleashing a "double bind" on the mind of humanity in the "noosphere", confounding us all in a perfect and beautiful and magnificent mystery, that is at the time time, utterly hilarious in its reasonableness relative to everything that didn't make any sense to begin with - it's absurd. May we get to that which is utterly absurd that we might get to enjoy most fully, everything that is reasonable, rational and that makes perfect sense (that's practical). Jesus was as much a joker, as he was a brilliant teacher, and debater (where did he get THAT from, that's Greek..) and tactician, and in his parables can be unraveled the very joke capable of saving the whole world, if we would but only get it, at last, before the jokes on our own ignorance and at our own expense, which is (or would be, if we let it, if we refused to get the joke) very sad, very sad indeed.

We're were stupid.

That's the joke capable of saving the world.

Jesus knew what he was doing, he didn't mess around it was all or nothing with him, but all he ever wanted was for us, with him, to complete the circle of joy.

...it's like a Jesus Wizard hat or something..!

Yes, get him one quick for Christmas. High priority - I don't know if the elves are listening..? Let's hope so, but it's not the end of the world right?

God Bless and Merry Christmas 2012 (in all seriousness).

Rob
Your brother in him.

edit on 19-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

Awesome.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join