It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS : Avatar Creations

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by randyvs

That's always my hope and prayer that we discover the joke on our own, before it's too late, and try to save the world that way, maybe even like Jesus unleashing a "double bind" on the mind of humanity in the "noosphere", confounding us all in a perfect and beautiful and magnificent mystery, that is at the same time, utterly hilarious in its reasonableness relative to everything that didn't make any sense to begin with - it's absurd. May we get to that which is utterly absurd that we might get to enjoy most fully, everything that is reasonable, rational and that makes perfect sense (that's practical). Jesus was as much a joker, as he was a brilliant teacher, and debater (where did he get THAT from, that's Greek..) and tactician, and in his parables can be unraveled the very joke capable of saving the whole world, if we would but only get it, at last, before the jokes on our own ignorance and at our own expense, which is (or would be, if we let it, if we refused to get the joke) very sad, very sad indeed.

..and love, will steer the stars!

OMG!

Merry Christmas, indeed!

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's enough to bring any reasonable man, to tears - of laughter!

Edit: Oh no now you guys are going to think I'm crazy, if you don't already, but alas what can I do?

edit on 19-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Looks pretty good - would you kill me or give up if I asked for any alteration to it..?

Basically, here's the earth I was wanting (if you're willing to give it another go..?)

New Dawn 7 - sizing edit (final FINAL edit). Please use this one.

That's at 44% original size. At most only a hair would need to be shaved off the left or right side (without changing the earth curve at all). Note the curve of the earth the crisp light rays, smaller sphere of sunlight fading to black (most of that's already done in the photo without much, if any, more required - maybe just adding a few dots as you have, to make the transition to the starfield appear entire realistic - ie: no need for another lens flare which kind of muddies the original).

And then for the double star, I wanted to place that above the earth between the sun and the top of the earth, out a ways (in and against the black of the starfield) with the larger one pointing directly to the ball in the Santa hat (as previously described). The two would have "arms" touching, slightly overlapping or maybe intersecting the tops and bottoms like two crosses (entwined/conjoined).

The stars look good but I was wondering if we could capture any of the ambient light particularly of Jupiter

The whole thing just looks very similar if not almost identical to the one you did before, maybe I'm just being too expectant and haven't communicated it properly (it's not easy)

I feel so guilty.. honest.

I feel like you've thrown this to me as a last go, as if to say HERE - take it and shup up I'm done. Then again maybe I'm being paranoid and you put this up as a point of reference expecting that I'd want changes..and you did say that you were going to do some work on it in the morning (I don't know what to say, because I am very grateful don't get me wrong).

The only other thing are the blue spots as if it's a photo taken from space, I don't know where those came from.

I don't mean to be overly critical, honest. It's just that this is the one I'm giong to be using hereafter and I want to get it just right and had a certain idea in mind for the vision.. argh (I'm sorry). And we're so frick'n close!

Maybe I should just be patient, and maybe it's a good thing you posted that for the trial and error process, but the lack of a comment of any kind, kind of threw me off ('m a sensitive, emphatic type).

Re: Star location

Maybe even silghtly higher up to where I've drawn in the white scribbly dot here

edit on 20-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

edit on 20-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Im looking for a new signature banner something pretty to match my avatar but id like the banner to say I ain't no angel, I still got a few more dances with the devil maybe something with dragons or sparkles..thank you..sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

LOL

I will work on it.

That paranoia is going to eat you alive.

for the most part i was not understanding exactly where you wanted the conjunction.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

OK...

perhaps this will move the ball down the field a few yards. I did tinker with the hue of the ocnjunction to try to bring its tone into alignment of the sunrise. And it needed an ever so slight rotation to maintain the pointing of the star point at the hat ball (did i really just type that?
).
edit on 20-12-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Edit: Oh no now you guys are going to think I'm crazy, if you don't already, but alas what can I do?

C'mon New, you have to be crazy to find your way here in the first place. This is nothing New.
Eh pardon the half hearted pun.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

OMG - there it is! Thank you thank you!

Now I just need it with the moon in the two places (until I replace that moon with the more detailed one - see last page).

2) Moon Rising

3) Moon Risen

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You want to separate backgrounds, each with a different image?

Not a problem....just need to be clear.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No no, or should I say, yes - I just need the same thing (same background) each with the two avatar images, which include the moon at the two positions, rising and risen, that's all.

At some point I'm looking to replace that moon with a more detailed one (see my thread - "I need help with the moon" for more on that).

But for the time being, this will suffice absolutely.

Just to be clear

Originally posted by 74Templar

With moon just rising;

and with moon risen;

P.S. 74Templar got rid of the apparent comet that was about to strike the earth - maybe we saved the day!
Talk about paranoid...and solipsistic.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Someone please get this man a Santa hat!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by randyvs

Someone please get this man a Santa hat!

Yes please.

cheers
edit on 20-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's hilarious Randy! Can you post it here, so that it remains, for posterity, even after the holidays when you put it on the shelf for next year?

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

How do ya like me now huh ? Did it my own self. Buhahahahahaha !

A Santa for the entire interlink.

At your request

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Is that King Tut with a broken heart? That's pretty good. You can stretch out your avatar-background if you like, to include the rest of it..

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I don't even know how to do that man.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Here's how, which is also outlined at the beginning of this thread.

First you need to replace you avatar in Tools Settings, to a clear/seethru/invisible gif

h ttp://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/pu4ffdf498.gif (just remove the space after the first H)

Then your total background needs to be 180x480 - many examples (for size) are posted here and at the Christmas Avatar thread (yours looks about the right size).

Then open up your background 180x480 size image in your image uploads area, click open the image and then select under Use in ATS mini-profile: - Profile Background, which will take you back to your Tools - Account Settings area, and then, the next option down from Your Avatar is the Your Background Image option, which will have been already filled in for you and you just click Submit.

First however, before you do that you need to put in the invisible Avatar, and have already Submitted that.

For more see the instructions on Page One of this thread.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

NAM

P.S. I just went and tested it out for size - and it works perfectly (or almost perfectly - the width is off a tad so you see it starting to repeat, easily fixed)! Maybe I'll leave it here for you to see and then change back as soon as you post a reply.

It's a nice "suit"..!

Ok back to being me.

edit on 20-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

i was going to get it tonight, actually.
Would NEVER forget you, Randy.

But what you did looks pretty darn good, to be honest.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well if you have the time my friend I would love to see yours. I think mine is a lil hokey.

Here's my origin.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join