It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? And in Thy name have cast out devils? And in Thy nam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Those of us that think we are saved ............(copy and paste below)

It is the "accepted" ones who will speak these words�those who will have "paid their dues" and built up their reputations as servants of Christ, doing impressive things ostensibly for Him.

And the Lord will reply: I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matt. 7:23-24)

In what will they have failed, warranting this harsh rebuke from the Lord? In Christ's name they will have performed their works, but not in the spirit of Christ, and thus they will not have truly lived according to His commandments. Their deeds, in being done for this world, will perish in this world. They will have outwardly conformed to all the dictums of the Faith, but inwardly they will not have directed their lives to heaven. And they will find themselves before the Judge with their hands empty
cont.............

orthodoxinfo.com...

WHAT IS MEANT BY "ANTICHRIST"?

A word should be said here about what Archbishop Averky meant when he spoke of the "Antichrist,

" for he viewed the Antichrist in a spiritual way, without any "doomsday" sensationalism.
In order to recognize the Antichrist and that which even now prepares his coming, one must look beyond what appears to be good and evil, just and unjust.

[6]One must understand the principle behind the Antichrist, which is the principle of imitation of all that is Christ's. Since his very name means the one who is "in place of Christ" or looks like Christ,
[7] the Antichrist will be the final, most deceptive embodiment of Satan's age-old attempt to "copy" Christianity, to make a new, this-worldly form of it. "The Antichrist will appear," writes I. M. Kontzevitch,"...not as an absolute atheist or as a follower of that which is connected with it, Bolshevism, since the latter has shown to the world every horror which results from atheism."
[8] Rather, as St. Ephraim the Syrian states, he "will come as a robber, in a manner such as to deceive all: he will be as one humble, meek, a hater (as he will say of himself) of unrighteousness, despising idols, giving preference to piety, good, lover of the poor, beautiful to an extreme degree, constant, gracious to all.

He will especially esteem the Jewish race, since the Jews will await his coming. But together with all this he will work signs and miracles and dreadful spectacles with great authority; and he will use sly means to please all, so that people will quickly fall in love with him.

He will not accept bribes, speak with anger, show a gloomy countenance, but with a decorous exterior he will take to deceiving the world, until he has become king." [9]

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by helen670]

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Do you really belive this though?

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddas
Do you really belive this though?

I do......

is it so hard to beleive???

I do beleive that it is the ''truth'' and that all of mankind will know that ..........

i know and can understand that it is and may sound unbeleivable, but all that is written will happen........
Each person has a ''free will '' to chose and in their own time will know what to make of it........

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

I do beleive that it is the ''truth'' and that all of mankind will know that ..........

Nope, all lies.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Exactly what is the point of this thread here?

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

I think she's trying to say that if you have a piece of cardboard, you should never apply sandpaper to the mustra in order for the texture to be smooth.

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 05:12 AM
link   
give me '''another one '' as i di not get that!!!

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

The purpose of this thread is .........

Many Christians beleive that they are worthy of being with God ........in the after life........(I myself dont know....only hope and pray..........

Illmatic......I dont wish any one ''bad'' Things because we are all made''in the image of God''' there is good and bad in all religions and people.....no matter how bad they seem ,we are all to face ''judgement '' at the end of the world''' all will one day be faced with the ''dreadfull judgement'' and have to account for all our deeds......Whether done in private or in front of people........all will be accounted for.......
The Judge will be God.........not one of our false witnesses.........Nothing is Hidden from God...........

And so, the thread is based on those same people that think that they have already set themselves a place in Heaven (not pointing a finger to anyone here, but to all that 'think'' including myself)that will be amongst the right hand of God..................(not sure if this made sense....)

VzH

posted on May, 4 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   

And so, the thread is based on those same people that think that they have already set themselves a place in Heaven (not pointing a finger to anyone here, but to all that 'think'' including myself)that will be amongst the right hand of God..................

Personnally i think............if God is love.............
As all of us have sin in our lives.........
All you past sins are forgiven and forgotten.........
Finally, there are salvation and heaven............

[Edited on 4-5-2003 by VzH]

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The purpose of the thread is so that she can come in and evangelize rather than holding real conversations with us. Her only interest is in converting us to her *specific* church.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
byrd..........IS THAT WHAT IM DOING???

Sorry ........

I enjoy Religion and Spiritualism..........and that is where i chose to write...........

What you do with the info is up to you!!!

Im not any better then you are.....
I dont claim to be better either!!!

People enjoy U.F.O'S and Aliens , and thats ok........This thread is about what i enjoy, and that is what i do...........

What more can i say...........

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, you could talk TO people for a start rather than quoting long sections of the Bible. I notice that you do that on some threads, but most often you come in with a core-dump of Inspirational Christian Messages Of The Day.

I'm sure you have personal opinions and views that aren't expressed by Biblical quotes. I'm sure you have opinions (like the one you just gave) that aren't backed up with cut-and-paste preaching and Bible verses.

Most of your messages here aren't discussions, they're sermonettes.

How about being the real YOU instead of a cutter-and-paster of sermons? If we wanted sermons, we'd go sit in a church. Tell us what you think... tell us what you wonder about... do some research on other religions and try your hand on some of the difficult questions for Apologetics.

But coming in with a cut and paste sermon that simply "witnesses" is just sermonizing and prosteletyzing. It's as annoying as if I was to come in and give a daily sermonette on Wicca.

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I also wonder if she can try to talk about Islam in any other way than through hatred, anger, rage from biased anti-islamic sources.

She never cares to read the Bible on her own, or research what both sides have to say.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
good point byrd

new topics

top topics

join