It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman builds DIY home for less than $3500

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
It's usually not too difficult to put up some shelter of some type fairly cheaply. What puts people out on the street is the heat, light and food that also has to go in, and then be replenished over and over.

And land and land taxes. Land is very high and you never own it, you're renting it from the government and when you fall behind the IRS will come in and evict you. I would be able to build twice the size for half the price if only I could find land I can afford...as if.:/
Edit to add:
I would use block it's cheaper and can be found recycable and withstands much more winds and stuff and also no termites.

edit on 3-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: fracking keyboard

edit on 3-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit on 3-12-2012 by ldyserenity because: ADD

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
cheap houses... they might need some TLC (read.. .cold hard cash) to bring them up to speed, however. But probably for around the same $3500 price total. This is just a guess. I'm sure it depends on the house.

One good thing... the taxes are cheap.

Business Insider article

... and lots more on the internet... just around your next search.

Granted... it's Detroit. Not much of a dynamic city, by any stretch of the imagination. A little dicey, if you ask me. But it's a house... that- with some repairs... and possibly $3500 (just a wild approx. guess) would make it livable and up to code.

edit on 4/12/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Cool I enjoyed the video and project, loved her energy and voice. Easy on the eyes and ears.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join