It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie Red Dawn Creates Racism Against Asians In Audience - The Power Of Movies!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Such Tiny Weenie little dumb sheep we are
Such small primative brains we have
This is an interesting social issue for you

Witness the power of the movie screen!

Here is the trailer for the movie

TV, Movies, Music....
I remember reading that a neurologist once said he has never seen anything in his 30 years of experience stimulate the brain more than music

What are your thoughts on this?
What does the future hold for a population of sock puppet with very very greedy puppeteers who are obsessed with power?
edit on 1-12-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I saw the film....It is really bad.
I have not seen a film with that much "USA USA USA" chest beating in a long time.
In fact myself and my pal wanted the NK's to win.
Back to the OP it is a shame a work of fiction can make stupid people hate on another people like this.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
To balance it out, just watch The original - where the Russians are the bad guys and the Chinese save the day!

Meh, thinking about it - nearly thirty years later and we're still teaching our young that there are Reds under their beds - just a different flavor this time around.

Warmongering and creating irrational racial hatred. Yes, it really is that easy!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Those posts look like trolling to me. I don't think we have anything to worry about.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

What's interesting here is that the original enemies in the film were the Chinese...

A New Dawn, A New Enemy

... the change being put down to the filmakers wanting to maintain access to China's lucrative box office. And obviously nothing to do with not wanting to piss of the sleeping giant that is China

As for the OP - people are so insecure nowadays that they are willing to base their feelings, beliefs and thoughts on anything but reality because reality implies that they might actually have to do something about it at some point in the future.

Humankind cannot bear very much reality.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
National patriotism....it was a crucial element used in the sterilization of Nazi Germany's population.

I wonder why it's so popular today in America?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I noticed most of those "tweeting" are young.

Movie making is a lost Art, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Seems to me the majority of them are just kids expressing an emotional reaction to watching the film. Don't worry too much; eventually they will grow up and figure out that movies and real life generally are in no way related.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yeah, the sheep mentality / brainwashing is pretty disgusting to witness.

However, I also noticed that all of the people making those comments look about 12 years old.

I exaggerate... but not by much.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

You notice how none of them commented on how bad the movie was.
It was terrible in every way and all they care about it is the Asians.

The youth of today is kinda sad. They have such low expectations.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Seems to me the majority of them are just kids expressing an emotional reaction to watching the film. Don't worry too much; eventually they will grow up and figure out that movies and real life generally are in no way related.

I just commented on another thread in which a fictional movie is used as evidence of political happenings today in America. Even many adults do not comprehend the difference between entertainment and real life truth.

So I would not be as optimistic as you are.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
It is interesting that the hatred in this is surrounding the Asians. Yes they are the majority of the aggressors you see but they specifically state in the movie that the occupation was separated into groups and the North Koreans only had the North West sector of the U.S. The Russians had most of the rest of the country. I guess hatred is based only on who is on the screen.
edit on 1-12-2012 by Agarta because: wording

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I was 15 when the orginal "Jaws" came out. Took the bus to downtown Seattle and snuck into the movie with friends.

I didn't like sharks after that. But just for a while.
edit on 1-12-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well that tears it. I now hope Glenn dies next on The Walking dead. Damned mongoloids invading us in works of fiction. Where do they get off...grumble grumble

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I dont understand why people still watch things like this--even if you had not seen the original you still have the benefit of 30 years since of analysis of the plot and an anti-climactic cold war to know this story is nothing more than a lowest common denominator attempt at behaviour modification.

IMO Casablanca is still be the best war propaganda film. Oh you missed that

EDIT: and those defending the tweeters as being only naive children--that no excuse, behaviour modification is far more effective on young impressionable minds, also armed forces dont really want to recruit people over 30.
edit on 1-12-2012 by cartenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
They aren't all young
They are of all ages

and if you go to twitter you will see the hate is still going on with people of all ages

this was not for just a moment, the hate is still continuing like right nowww
with people of all ages

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Im not going to watch this motion picture, but for those ATSers who have and found it to be really as bad as I imagine it to be, please feel free to let the good people over at IMDB know, so hopefully this sort of crime against celluloid does not happen again

www.imdb.com...

thank you
edit on 1-12-2012 by cartenz because: motion picture should be italicised, because really its just a remake of a really bad cold war propaganda film

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

There will always be dumb clucks that never mature enough in their mentality to distinguish between fiction and reality. If hoping that the majority of people are more solidly grounded makes me overly optimistic I can live with that.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say most of these people were already racists pricks before they watched this movie. Anyway, I saw that trailer before the Avengers and actually commented very loudly that it appeared there were no Koreans in the damn movie. All Chinese or Japanese actors pretty much, dumb hollywood can't even tell the difference.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think its time to close the door on Twitter forever in order to end the plague of verbal diarrhea that has plagued our nation.... If only twitter was around when the original Red Dawn came out... those pesky Ruskies...."gonna kill me some Ruskies" ....

The brain limit switches for those hooked on twittering are forever broken.....No internal checks and balances...

Don't blame the movie.. blame our pathetic culture that has embraced the idea that people NEED to publicly share every thought in their minds and fart from their asses across the Twittersphere....

My brain hurts....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join