It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can make my thoughts become almost silent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well not in my book. This is way effortless. Like switching off a light but with a tinkle of light otherwise I'd be dead or unconscious. Which I can assure you all I am most definitely not

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenofWeird
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

Because it is exhausting and most of the time BS

But then you end up with a philosophy that is void of thought and insight. This way of non-thinking invites the thoughts of others to take exaltation of your own. This is something most uncreative people practice on a daily basis, to not think merely because it is too difficult.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I now direct this silence into my self. It's interesting to know what happens if I direct it outwards.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Are there any tips you can recommend to start out trying to shut off the chatter in my head?? No matter how hard I focus it seems to be impossible.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip

But then you end up with a philosophy that is void of thought and insight. This way of non-thinking invites the thoughts of others to take exaltation of your own. This is something most uncreative people practice on a daily basis, to not think merely because it is too difficult.

O don't worry I am thinking a lot of BS all the time.
This is just one way of consciousness that I am now exploring.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose

Are there any tips you can recommend to start out trying to shut off the chatter in my head?? No matter how hard I focus it seems to be impossible.

Basically, relax belly and direct attention to back of your head close to the spine

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip

O don't worry I am thinking a lot of BS all the time.
This is just one way of consciousness that I am now exploring.

Exploring the consciousness of a vegetable may not be the best way to explore consciousness.

link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Well not in my book. This is way effortless. Like switching off a light but with a tinkle of light otherwise I'd be dead or unconscious. Which I can assure you all I am most definitely not

Effortless? If you're straining to meditate, you're probably pooping instead.

link   
Congratz!!

In my honest opinion that is what life is all about, learning to control ones thoughts and actions. Even under extreme stress, uncertainty, and or threats to ones well being.

So again, CONGRATULATIONS!!
edit on 30-11-2012 by PassiveObserver because: Too many and's man.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose

Why not control the chatter rather than turn it off. Would you turn off your heartbeat or your breathing if you could?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

Yes this.

Some people also try to focus on a sound, like hum in your mind. the good old OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You made me LOL, thanks. No but really we are so used in our modern society to be always busy. Now I want to know what a carrot can teach me

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

What do you mean? Like an allowed babble time for the brain?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No need to be nasty now, or else I'll suck you into my void
Well I can't explain it otherwise. The poster who felt I was experiencing the consciousness of a vegetable is more on track. Maybe this indeed how 'lower' organisms are.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
To create some new momentum. I also made a thread about The One Command. And guys I am going to listen to my recording while being in Carrot Mode.

Thanks NiNjABackflip for the Vegetable Connection

edit on 30-11-2012 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

Oh sweetie, that's my fear too. But you can yank your self back by sensory activation. Just bite on a lemon. Try it.

I'm just warning you. It's been years for me like this.. It's not something I'm afraid of.. It just Is.

For instance if I slip into a "day dream" or stare off into the distance... I don't have anything there. I don't see what I am looking at.. No thoughts..

If I look outside I can feel in my mind what it's like out there, but no words like "that's pretty" "I like that." or anything come..

"I should get up" "im hungry" nothing like those.. So I have to have my own motivation based on imagination..

Basically I think I became more of myself at this certain meditation point and now I don't have the separate piece that can nag me, I have to use my energy..

I can think a million times faster now, and I am not locked into words (mind control) my imagination powers are wayy better now.. I don't want it to sound all bad, but it's a trade off you make... As far as typing this post and spelling go... That takes a lot of effort haha.. I already knew what the entire feel of this post was instantly but now it's taken me something like 10-15 minutes to type it and I type fast.. I have to explore the movie of the response and because it contains so much info in it I have to keep slowing it down and replaying so I can translate..

Silly me... The BEST part about this way of being.. You are in the NOW all the time.. You don't have anything nagging you to go make dinner, no desire pulling... You're just there, in peace..
edit on 11/30/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I UNDERSTAND YOU. So the effort to bite my lemon is hard for you to muster. What happens if you exercise?

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I call it "Quantum Thinking" I know exactly what you are talking about though. Almost like you have to slow waaaaaaaay down in order to speak, type, and communicate.

BRING ON THE TELEPATHY!!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I UNDERSTAND YOU. So the effort to bite my lemon is hard for you to muster. What happens if you exercise?

I can't be bothered with movement

but yes maybe I should go do something, haha..

And if I could afford lemons... but that's another story.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassiveObserver

I call it "Quantum Thinking" I know exactly what you are talking about though. Almost like you have to slow waaaaaaaay down in order to speak, type, and communicate

BRING ON THE TELEPATHY!!!!

Now we are talking! I want to use this state to benefit my self and others. Tapping into a potential I already had but didn't know about it. Exploring it a bit by bit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join