It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After death communications

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have recently become very interested in after death communication. I'm curious about people having spiritual encounters with a family member or friend who has died and has tried to make contact with them in some way without the use of a psychic or medium.

How many of you have experienced an after death communication? How long after the person died did they start to contact you? Was it a one time thing or was it on going?

Please share your experiences. I'm starting to lose faith that these exist and am questioning if the things I have felt were just my imagination.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I must admit that I have always been very open minded to this concept. However over the last 10 years I have lost 3 people who I was very close to, one quite recently. Sadly I have never experienced any form of contact.

However my wife, who is faily cynical, has seen my father who passed away 9 years ago. The strange thing is, is that she saw him not just once but twice.

I don't know if this counts as a form of communication or just a sighting?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hmm, I can't say I personally have but my mother has.

When her father died, she recieved his new van. On the drive home from the funeral which was 300 miles away, periodically her hair was being tugged on from behind. This was not from the chair, it was obviously being influenced by something else with some appreciable strength.

Her sister recieved one of his old rocking chairs. The same exact thing happened to her. I find this too strange to be coincidence.

Then a few weeks after my mom was in Vegas and she stopped by a bar for a drink. A woman walked up to her and asked if her name was Dale. She said yes and the woman began to describe dreams she was having of her and her father whom she had never met or seen before. Her last dream was a few nights before. What she saw was my mother and her father driving in a van together while he was sitting behind her seat, pulling her hair.

I don't know but I find this a little more than coincidence. Creepy too.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Jemison,
I recently posted this, it's my story
concerning my communication- which I can't tell you how long it took. And being totally honest- in a way I've longed for 25yrs to have another event like this happen. I was just 'fortunate' to have what I did. You may find it helpful.
Tuatara

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

However over the last 10 years I have lost 3 people who I was very close to, one quite recently. Sadly I have never experienced any form of contact.

I am in the same position. My Father died in April and I was with him while he passed. He suffered the last 5 months of his life and I was so hopeful that he would make contact to let me know that he was in a better place. I have had no signs. Other people claim to have seen him or heard his voice and I have heard nothing.

After my Grandmother passed away 15 years ago I had many signs and also saw her. Because I have had nothing from my Father I am losing faith that I ever saw anything from my grandmother and it was nothing more than my imagination and wishful thinking.

Tuatara, thank you for posting your link. It sounds like a touching and beautiful experience and I'm glad that you shared it. I had something similar with my Grandmother, but as I said, now I'm doubting my own experiences which is one of the reasons I'm asking people to share their stories. It helps me beleive that my Grandmother DID communicate with me and gives me hope that one day my Father will try to reach out and let me know that he's in a better place.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Don't loose faith. It's very much a reality for many. Just be aware and open. More onthis later.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here's my experience:

I knew a guy who commited suicide at about the age of 17-18.

His reasons were because he "felt" gay his whole life and just couldnt deal with himself because he honestly belived that being gay was bad, or wrong, or just not his cup of tea. He tried to have relationships with women but always felt deep down that he liked men better (physicaly/sexualy), even though he tried to fight it. This is what he wrote in his final letter to my bestfriends brother who was his bestfriend (we were all good friends) and his mother.

Now, as you can imagine my friends brother was devistated because of the fact that he lost his bestfriend... and that he knew that he had said things along their friendship like most teens do that dont suspect this, things like "Fags", "your a fag" and many other things that you call people to make fun of them (of course he didnt know about any of this because the victim never said anything to anyone). This kid was really feeling down on himself and thought that maybe he contributed to his feeling of gay's being bad.

A couple days after his death... As you can imagine his mother was still in deep pain and just didnt understand alot of what had happend... The boy then came to his mother one night in what I guess we would call a ghost form. His mother and him were in contact every night for about a week she said. She said that he didnt talk about how he was only that he felt better. But his main point for contacting her was to comfort her for one, and to let her know that it was not their fault, that they couldnt have done anything cause he didnt say anything to anyone. He also said that his main reason that he was here was to tell his bestfriend not to think it was his fault, and not to worry about anything that he did or didnt do when he was there because he (the victim) didnt let anyone know about his feelings. What else when on in those contacts Im not sure of, this is all I was told.

So basically he came back to his mother to comfort her and to have her give his bestfriend one last message to comfort him.

These are not the type of people to make things up like this so I totaly belive that what happened, happened.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

These are not the type of people to make things up like this so I totaly belive that what happened, happened.

Just so you know, I'm not questioning anyone else's experiences. I believe other people have had contact. I'm just questioning if my previous experiences were in my imagination.

Thank you for sharing the story. How did the best friend feel after the Mom told him that her son asked that he not feel bad or feel responsible? Did he believe the Mom and did it help him overcome the guilt? Do you happen to know if the guy who committed suicide ever contacted his friend directly or just did it through the mom?

Jemison

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Just so you know, I'm not questioning anyone else's experiences. I believe other people have had contact. I'm just questioning if my previous experiences were in my imagination.

I just said this cause its my bestfriends brothers friend who died... You know how some people think about these types of storys. But I understand what you mean.

Thank you for sharing the story. How did the best friend feel after the Mom told him that her son asked that he not feel bad or feel responsible? Did he believe the Mom and did it help him overcome the guilt? Do you happen to know if the guy who committed suicide ever contacted his friend directly or just did it through the mom?

Jemison

The bestfriend felt like he had a tonne of bricks lifted off him, he REALLY needed this too, thats why I belive the victim came back with a message. This and his mothers pain.

Yes, he belived the victims mother totaly, she even said some conformation type things that the victim said to tell the friend that only he would know.

No, the victim didnt contact anyone but the mother (Not even his sister or father. Only his mother.)

I truely belive (We belive) that he came to help the bestfriend cope with the loss because the friend was extremely taken from the final note. The victim stated that he didnt feel like his final note helped the bestfriend, that he might have taken it the wrong way (as in it was his fault or he contributed in some way). So we belive it was his final mission to let the bestfriend know once and for all that it was not his fault in anyway, and that he loved and missed his family alot.

Good luck, and best of wishes my friend.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This question, although I truely do want to answer and help you, is like asking me what words are in the dictionary. Is there something more specific you'd like to ask?
I've felt, I've heard, I've senced, I've seen physical things altered or placed, I've had something I will call 'near dream' - not dream - but as a way of discribing it. I've had songs and other meaningful things come at meaningful times. I've been alone and grieving deeply then suddenly felt the strangest piece and calmness to be immediately (at times) followed by his calogne.
I've also been with the person from a distance at the time of death.
So very many things. What in particular do you want to talk about or hear about?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So very many things. What in particular do you want to talk about or hear about?

Exactly the types of things that you mentioned in your post. Things that you have experienced that gave you peace or that made you just KNOW in your heart and soul that it was someone trying to contact you and not just mere coincidence.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Exactly the types of things that you mentioned in your post. Things that you have experienced that gave you peace or that made you just KNOW in your heart and soul that it was someone trying to contact you and not just mere coincidence.

Jemison

I think the thing you are looking for is the thing that we find deep within ourselves. But I will give you a few things as examples to help ease your mind that the loved ones are not 'just gone'.

My brother, age 22. He just passed away June 21st - a few months ago. He was my brother, my friend, like my own son I could spoil and never had to say no to, never be angry or dissapointed with (I am 13 years older than him). I can't begin to tell you the depth of love I carry for my brother, for all those I care about - but especialy him - the one we all knew was only here for a short time.

I needed to hold on to him longer than I was allowed. I wasn't ready to accept his death, still haven't really. I stayed at the hospital with his body until the ME came for him. Many things happened that night, only one I'll tell now or this post will not have an ending. The smoke alarm in his room went off. It was after we had gone back to mom and dads, we were all still stuned, grief stricken, in shocked stupers. My mother had just put new batteries in all the smoke detectors a few weeks before this.
It was a thing - mom never went to bed, couldn't sleep untill Aron called to tell her he was safe. It was a 'thing' they had. Mom would tell him as he left the door "Never worry the momma."
She was so tired, so drained. She couldn't even make a tiny decition like to have a little sugar in her hot tea. She was to distraught and needed to be taken care of.
Anyway. I needed to get her to bed, the stress was unbelievable as was the shock. She couldn't, Aron hadn't called you see. Remember, shock and grief - they make the mind go back to child like qualities sometimes when it is too great to bear the burden at hand.
The smoke alarm, his alarm, went off. It was Aron calling home to say he was ok. I had to take the battery out to make it stop. It went off for dad one morning at the time Aron would usualy say "Mornin' Pops" . (just after he died, mom heard him say "Run momma run" ... My mom hadn't believed he was gone until that point because I hadn't gotten there to try to bring him back yet.) My brother could never run in his life here. His beautiful muslces were to tight and painful for that.
I had a few things happen from him for myself on the way home from the hospital that night, also comming home from my moms house.
It hasn't stopped really.
A little joke him and my mom and gramma use to play (quiet humor)... My gramma had a handcream dispencer shaped as an angel. It always sat on the counter - angel facing the room of course.
Every morning when my brother got up, as a little joke, he'd turn the angel around so the butt was facing the room. The next morning - the butt was facing the room as always.
My mom, once a florist, has beautiful flower gardens and always has many vases of fresh cut flowers. She is in her guardens daily. Aron had always liked to hide the easter eggs for the kids - little plastic ones with candies and quarters in them.
Mom went to her guarden (a way for her to get quiet and calm, help her through the grieving process)...in her guarden - where she tends to every plant there is, every day ... she found a little plastic egg. This one held 2 nickels. Aron, when he was a little guy, use to have a little wind up toy that played a song, 'My Name is Micheal, I Got a Nickel...' Aron would sing that little song and Aunt Pat would put 2 nickels in his little hand. It was a big deal for him at the time.
There has been phone calls, things happen, songs happen, dreams. One I will take time to detal for you and post directly to you or here later....not a 'dream', but a connection. Every little thing has so very much meaning behind it that to tell just one at the full extent would take so much time...it would be so much better to just talk aobut these kinds of things.

When I was 6 my grandpa committed suicide. No one knew, no one had reason to be worried he was gone for days. He went to the cabin as he did that time of year to hunt. I woke in the middle of the night screeming and crying - my grandmother and mother took me to the emergancy room - this 'fit' or what ever it was wouldn't end and was so urgant they assumed I was in alot of pain. Nothing wrong with me, but sedatives were given.
The ER report states the time my 'fit' started. The death certificate states what time they believe grandpa died several counties away....the time is the same. They didn't know till 3 days later - but a 6 year old knew.
It was a few days later, me and my mom were up very late at the kitchen table. We felt grandpa as if he were trying to get inside the house through all the doors and windows - all at one time. It wasn't scarry at all. Then, all at once, it stopped. It was like he, me and my mom, we all knew - at that same moment - he didn't belong here any more. We both cried silently and went to bed. Mom felt his hand on her sholder (as was his way of showing her conforting affection), and I felt his little finger rub my back (as was his way of comforting and putting me to sleep.) He had lost the tip of his pinky finger. As a small child I would lay on his sholder. He would rub that finger on my back and it felt funny but put me to sleep...Grandpa was a very big man, I felt safe in his arms and would sleep sound.)

I better hit send, there may be a limit to how large one post can be....
(no time to proof read)

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
OP, I am very glad you posted this thread. My daughter (the best thing I ever had on this earth) passed away on 3/24/04, she was 17. She was in the hospital for 2 weeks, an elective surgery. She never woke up after surgery. Anyway I/we have had numerous oddities since her passing. For one, my younger daughter, 15, had a dream 2 days after her sister's passing. It went like this.

She woke up that next morning saying, "Mom, I think heaven can be whatever you want it to be", I asked her why she said that and she continued to tell me her dream (she rarely tells me her dreams). She said that she had a dream where she could FEEL, THINK AND SEE, everything her sister did at her moments prior to and after her death. Amazing! You see her sister was put in a medically induced coma state for 2 weeks before she passed away. Anyway, my younger daughter went on to say. Mom she said she was scared laying in the hospital bed, and she heard everything we and the doctors talked about. At the moment of her death she felt the feeling like being on a roller coaster in her stomach (remember she was in a coma state). This made perfect sense to me. She went on, she said she saw us in the waiting room, she said she saw her boyfriend walking away down a particular hall, WHICH HE DID. She went on to say that she saw her sister float up to heaven past a part where someone was explaining to another new spirit that the people on earth cant see you or hear you. She continued and said that Stephanie (that was her name) went to the next level, the real heaven and she was eating a feast. You see they didnt start giving her "nourishment" until she had been laying there 12 days! Yes, I do believe in some way she was starved. Although my younger daughter and I never discussed this issue. She said Mom she was beautiful, and her hair was long again, like she liked it. She also said that her sister knew "a few people" there, which is very TRUE, she would only know 3 people that have passed!!! There are more details to this amazing dream that I have not mentioned. I was so distraught during this difficult period that honestly I didn't spend any time talking to my younger daughter, so non of this was ever discussed!

I have heard that there are spirits that help siblings or young children understand what has happened. I loved this dream and do believe it is the truth. It is hard to write about the details but without a doubt I believe it as true!

One of my friends had a dream, she was not there at her death. Part of her dream was about me screaming, which she in no way knew that I did, but I did scream at the top of my lungs when my daughter passed away!

For the 1st month many, many strange things happened. Everytime we used our mobil phones we would hear a strange airy sound that I have NEVER heard before. One day I heard my front door knob turning like someone was coming in, but it kept turning back and forth. I waited, wondering who was coming in, finally I went to the door, opened it and no one was there!! I tried in everyway to recreate that sound and I couldnt!
I went outside and right in front of me an orange cat stopped looked at me and left. I have never seen this cat before or since!! My daughter truly loved animals! And she had 2 cats of her own!

The day of her memorial, I was writing on my laptop. When all of a sudden it began to have a mind of it's own! It just was doing very, very strange things, I would push one thing something totally weird would pop up. This went on and on, I would tell people that day my computer had a mind of it's own. I was laying on my bed at that time, writing her a poem. I feel asleep and had a vision of just her face, a close up, and a tear running down her cheek, very vivid! Which made sense, my poem made her cry!

Like someone said above, just a week ago, the smoke alarm in front of her room, in the middle of the day, went off for about 2-3 seconds, then about 2 hours later it did it again! It has not done that since. I spoke to the maintenance man, we live in an apartment, and he confirmed that that smoke detector could not do that!!

There are more strange things that have happend like "the troll". Before she went into surgery she told me she wanted a Troll. Odd, she never wanted a Troll before. I had no idea where to get one but even though she never saw it, I finally found one on E-Bay. She wanted the one with the wishing belly button jewel. Well after her passing I put that Troll with her pictures in a living room nook. The Troll in a back corner. I would walk by it and say "Stephanie if you are here, knock over the Troll so I know you saw it". Well it was weeks but one day I looked and the Troll was knocked over!!! No way, everything around it, many things, nothing else touched or moved!!!

This is the kind of "communication" that I have had. I know that my daughter would still want to be here, because she loved her boyfriend like I cant even explain. (he stayed at the hospital 24/7 for 2 weeks!) He has had more contact with her than I have.

For the last few months those occurances have diminished, I just think she is busy doing other things. I was "told" she was in a Theology School. Another long story about finding my spirit guide only once!

Stephanie loved me very, very much, she treated me like a queen and was an on earth angel. So I know she wants to communicate with us. Her boyfriend says "she still wants to be here".

All this really makes you believe and totally wonder!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Hi Jemison

When my Mother passed away some years ago, I had to travel to the town she had lived in to stay with my Father to attend her funeral.
On the morning of her funeral I was awakened by a bright light shining in my eyes. Out of this bright light stepped my Mother, but much younger than the age she died. Ar first I did not recognise her, but the penny dropped pretty quickly. I said to her (dumb question) I thought you were dead. She said to me, in my Mothers inimitable way, do I look like I am dead.
She then slowly faded away and I was left with a wonderfull feeling that I then knew my Mother had survived death. Later that day at the funeral I was confident in the knowledge that what was in the coffin was not my Mother, just the 3d shell.

WHen my Father died many years later, the night after his funeral, I was awoken by him, standing in the clothes he normally wore. He said to me, I liked what you said at the funeral and then he faded away.

Since then, I have had many contacts with both of them and learned much of what occurrs on those other planes.

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by malai5

Since then, I have had many contacts with both of them and learned much of what occurrs on those other planes.

Malai5

For personal hope (much needed) I will read some of those books about life on the otherside, not really knowing if I believe what they say. It would be refreshing to hear some stories from someone 1st hand.

Would you care to elaborate, I personally would love to hear some, I suppose Jemison would also.

Thanks

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thank you all for sharing your amazing stories. It really does help give me faith and hope that death is not the end. All of you seem to have gotten contact very shortly after the time of death, sometimes it continued, other times it didn't.

Since my Father died there has only been one experience that could have been a sign but it wouldn't make any sense if it was. Since you have all been so great about sharing I'll throw this out there and see what you make of it.

A week after my Dad died I was needing chocolate. Because I have 4 young children I have to keep my sweets out of their reach. We have a cupboard over the pantry which is about 5 1/2 feet from the ground. I can reach into it to grab things but unless I stand on a stool I cannot see everything in there. We have childproof locks on the cupboard just in case the little ones grab a chair and attempt to sneak a treat. One side of the cupboard is filled with sweets, the other side is where we keep the liquor. My husband and I used to drink quite a bit before we had children but over the last few years the only time the right side of the cupboard was opened was when my Father would be visiting and he would fix himself a drink. Anyway, I went to the cupboard, stood on tippy toes and opened the left side. Almost instantly something came crashing to the ground and landed on the base of my big toe. I fell to the ground in pain and thought for sure my foot was broken. I could not imagine what had landed on my foot because chocolate is not that heavy. My 6 year old had watched the entire thing and presented me with the bottle of wine that had fallen on my foot.

I know that doesn't seem too strange since half of the cupboard is our liquor cabinet, but it is strange because we do not keep wine up there. We have a wine rack for wine that we might be drinking in the near future and then another storage area specifically for special occassion wine or wine that has sentimental value. The wine that fell out of the liquor cabinet was a Chilian wine that my father spent a lot of time trying to find for my wedding. There were only 2 bottles left after the wedding and one was given to me as a keepsake. I had it put away where no one could accidentally open it. How it got in the cupboard is beyond me, and how it was positioned in the cupboard on the chocolate side so that as soon as I opened it it fell out is mystifying.

I had to have my foot x-rayed because I couldn't walk on it for 2 days. It turned out it was not broken but was very badly bruised and I had a limp for over 2 weeks. If this was a 'sign', and somehow that wine was put up there to be a reminder to me, why did it come crashing down on my foot and cause me pain? Is my Dad angry with me? Does he want me to start drinking?

So, that's the only 'possible' sign that I've had since my Dads death and if it WAS a sign it makes me wonder what I did to make him so angry.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I dont know really, but in my opinion........I was praying one night going on and on, basically whining, just plain complaining, for quite a while, when all of a sudden a heard a hugh crash! I went and looked and my cat had knocked over a bar stool. Right at that moment I knew (I just intuatively knew) I had to stop complaining. I went and apologized to God for complaining so much! I took it as a "real" sign. The bars stool never came crashing again!

Also, it is my belief that when you want things so bad, you wont necessarily get them....but if it seems odd, it probably is and more than likely it is a message. Timing seems to be the key for things that happen to me.

The way I look at it, I know what is strange, what just doesnt normally happen and I always take it in, smile, get that warm feeling inside and tell my daughter I miss her. Just believe, the rest will happen! We have to train our minds reguarly to be "in-tune" to the spirit world.

Try visualization exercises for about 10 minutes a day. It works wonders!

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gizmoqt

Originally posted by malai5

Malai5

For personal hope (much needed) I will read some of those books about life on the otherside, not really knowing if I believe what they say. It would be refreshing to hear some stories from someone 1st hand.

Would you care to elaborate, I personally would love to hear some, I suppose Jemison would also.

Thanks

Hi Gizmoqt

What you should realise is that life in another plane can be like this one, if the person so wishes. When my Mother first crossed, she told me that she was living in a similar type of world and had finally got the little appartment of her own that she had longed for on earth. She had had other friends and relatives over for tea, that had also crossed over. The difference being, there was no need to work, or provide any method of exchange to gain what she wished. She said, it was driven by her thoughts.
In later exchanges she said that she was going to have an opportunity to move to where she would be better suited. I gathered from that, that she was evolving to another level/plane. Her guide for this was an Auntie of mine, who, of course had crossed over years before her. What I gather, is that the level of evolution you are on this earth, does not relate to what you are on these other levels.
Before my Mother could move to this next level, she had to reveal to me a secret that she had kept most of her life, of an illegitimate child that was born with major defects and had been put into a "home". THe only person who knew was her Mother. This child was born before she met my Father.
It appears that for some reason she needed to unload this on me before she could advance.

There appears to be an initial period, or transition period when people initially cross over that is related to what they have known. Then when they are settled, they are given the next process in their evolution. This can be rebirth/reincarnation, or not. Some have choice in this, others do not, depending on their level of evolution.
Those that choose to evolve by service and learning on other levels/planes, are given choices related to their evolutionary position.

Cheers

Malai5

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
On a little side note here guys, i'm a part time herbalist studying purely for pleasure on the side:

One particular plant i've come across sparked my attention to the passage of the 'other world' its called Henbane a completely noxious and deadly member of the nightshade family. I DO NOT advocate taking this plant since even in small dosages can prove grave or fatal, with rare sporadic cases of permanent insanity.

During the Neolithic period in Scotland, Shaman would ritually take henbane in concoctions to visit this nether world and commune with the dead. The travel could be two-way meaning the spirit would travel back with the Shaman, or one-way allowing the Shaman to visit.

It also has a rich history of diabolism, sometimes used in necromancy to bring forth entities, according to Paul Beyerl's Master Book Of Herbalism which I am grateful to have acquired recently (for 50 cents at a garage sale :up
. Beyerl also states that interally taking Henbane should be avoided by all but the adept.

The interesting part comes later in history, the Greeks would take Henbane to sometimes produce prophetic visions - no doubt because it the plants solid hallucination effect (usually resembling people, animals, solid objects) rather then other drugs semi-translucent polygonal distortions and spatial design. The Greeks claimed that the dead were crowned with Henbane in Hades as they wandered across the river Styx.

Looking over its brief history one can only imagine if this drug is therefore a passage into the other worlds when properly used. Once again DO NOT consume this drug however, these Shaman were properly trained in diabolic arts and had prior expierance using lesser strengthened herbals.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
malai, that is very interesting. Once she told you of her secret and moved to the next plane did you have any further contact?

gizmuqt, I can see your point about not getting things when you try too hard. I also understand that it is important to train your mind to be 'in tune' to things. I've been avoiding feeling anything and just keep myself so busy I don't have time to think or if I do start to allow myself to think it just hurts too much so I shut down. I guess as long as I continue to run away from my feelings I'm also closing myself off from being open. The old saying 'no pain, no gain' probably is very accurate in this situation.

Have any of you had contact from someone who never believed in life after death? I wonder if those that were skeptical in life are not able to communicate after they die?

Jemison

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join