It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN vote recognizes state of Palestine; US objects

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
About damn time that the UN grow some ballz

Now the zionist regime in Israel will no more have the green killing / settlement card

the palestinians people can now live with more freedom in their own land

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It seems some people are, for some reason, confused about the meaning of this, and the opinion of the Palestinians themselves - to whom this means a GREAT deal - means nothing to them.
So, let me quote the NYT:

It was taken on the 65th anniversary of the vote to divide the former British mandate of Palestine into two states, one Jewish and one Arab, a vote Israel considers the international seal of approval for its birth.

www.nytimes.com...

Is it any clearer now?

And like I said in another thread: all the best to Palestine and all the peoples - Muslims, Jews, Christians - who live there.

edit on 30-11-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Nobody expected any different from United States due to obvious heavy lobbying reasons which influences and to much extent controls the congress. The vote is a primary example how the world feels when there is no veto involved.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So as a sovereign I wonder what their greatest export will be. It will be interesting to see the numbers.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I said this in another thread last nite so I will say it again here:

The world are hypocrite's
The UN is hypocrite's.

The UN sits on land taken from native Americans and has the nerve to "rebuke" Isreal.

The UN denies what has gone on in Africa for over 60 years

The UN denies the actions of China denying Taiwan its right to independence

And the last goes on.

But hey who cares when a people can't fight their own battles they run to the UN.

edit on 30-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Shhhh........ Quiet.

This is a "feel good" moment.

Lets not take that away from anyone, as the death toll spreads in the Congo....

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They'd care if there was an "evil Isreali" in the Congo or africa

But, I want to rain of their "happy party" considering they are being used in international game of spreading Islam.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So...if Palestine is now officially a 'state', does that mean that the next Hamas rocket is an official declaration of war?

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I just dont recognize the UN, as an Organization.

Its a great idea, but then that's it. Sure its helped in a few areas, but that doesn't offset the Deaths they could be preventing. This is another step for soapbox finger pointing. From Israel pointing the finger at Iran, to the President of Iran pointing the finger at Israel. Whats to be gained by adding Palestine, as those REALLY in need, suffer (there are Genocides going on right now in the Congo)? Yes Palestine does suffer, but what is the UN really going to do? You might make the point that recognizing Palestine, also recognizes Hamas, as the European Union has labeled them a terrorist Organization. I wonder what the bigger plan for all this is?

edit on 30-11-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Can't stand the UN totally useless imo,

What is coming is now the real crap is about to begin,meaning Russia, Iran and other countries get sweet government contracts to build up the "arsenal of Palestine"

The reason so many supported that vote?

Its a cash cow.

edit on 30-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The UN sits on land taken from native Americans and has the nerve to "rebuke" Isreal.
I do believe that land was legally acquired. First Nations may not quite have understood the deal...and a hell of a deal it was, but there was a process entered in to...not like much of the rest of the US. And some of Canada, so it seems.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Collective

they do have "cards" but you refuse to listen.
and what he is saying is not that Israel is innocent, but that the UN is a joke.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Real independence, however, remains an elusive dream until the Palestinians negotiate a peace deal with the Israelis,

Why?

izrael didnt bother to check with anyone when they declared independence. They just took land by force.

Whats going on is INSANE.

By izrael's logic, if Palestine were able to bomb and kill the izraelis off of "their" land (which was stolen from Palestinians), then Palestine could simply keep the land, dictate the "new borders" to map publishers and blackmail governments into giving their stamp of approval...

And the global media/propaganda network would act as though this is normal.

edit on 29-11-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

It isnt their logic, but the universal logic of the rule of the stronger one. Europe did it in America Austria and parts of Africa after having been subjugated itself by the Romans. Of course we wouldnt be where we are if the romans didnt spread their culture.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join