It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Ghost Towns & NWO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I will just mention one thing though, which may or may not mean something. At this site
southeastasianews.org...
at the very bottom, the last picture, this city doesn't even have a name and cost $19billion!! However what intrigued me when i found it was the Templar design in the middle. How very very bizarre!!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by phyllida

I am glad to see you up and about making threads
S&F

A topic I rather enjoy too, as you know

#1 most speculate as stated in the OP that these cities continue being build simply to extent the insanely large housing bubble in china, and by doing so, allow their economy to grow at an unprecedented rate...

#2 China's economy grows 7.4 percent for the third quarter of 2012, which by any standard is insane.

#3 Could they know something we don't, the need for massive relocation of populations?

4# Some speculate that if Japan continues to fall under the veil of radioactivity many will be forced to relocate, and look China, she's ready to provide, at a cost.

This is but a short thought exercise on my part, hope it helps

The Dragon has begun to awake.

SS

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Holy Carp Zhengzhou is massive. This is definitly something to keep an eye on. I have read that there are more but they cannot be seen on google maps. Thanks for bringing this to my attention I did not know about this until today.
edit on 29-11-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Insomnia after reading way too many paranormal threads which have scared me to death!

Many thanks for joining the thread. What I'm most interested in is the strange complex with the Templar Centre piece posted above. The obvious masonic reference comes to mind which of course then leads onto the NWO agenda.

With regards to your photograph, which one is that? I did read in the Daily Mail I think it was, that some of the pictures showing occupancy etc were in fact photoshop images made for prospective investors.

Appreciate your input

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

No problem

It's Shanghai, one of the largest cities on earth, population 13,481,600 (2009)

Often used as a metaphor for China rising.

SS

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ahhh got you thought I recognised the big building but wasn't sure.

Just discovered something else I didn't know there are 54mill Christians in China. Who'd have thought it?

edit on 29-11-2012 by phyllida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Oh aye, China is very diverse and has a long tradition of letting Christians worship freely.

1,344,130,000 total population, 54 million is like a drop in the bucket compared.

But.

To us westerners it's still a huge number.

SS
edit on 113030p://pm3056 by Spike Spiegle because: 54*

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Why would the Japanese move into China?

Don't they still hate eachother from WW2?

ETA: OP- Great post!

I believe Spike mentioned these cities in his post about the DRC and I wanted to know more. Also, these would be perfect places to do post-Apocalypse LARP
edit on 30-11-2012 by TheToastmanCometh because: stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Aye ready made zombie towns!

As for the Japanese I think it highly unlikely that they would ever leave Japan. What race wants to give up their country for whatever reason? They are tough and will fight it out regardless and certainly would be unlikely to accept handouts from China I think.

Besides the economist angle of growth profit etc, I would find it easier to swallow if they were, for example, bulldozing the slums to make way for these mega cities and then re-housing the people in them, but they aren't. The house prices are insanely inflated out of the reach of ordinary chinese people. The fact that there are such luxury buildings like huge hotels, art galleries, swimming pools and the like say these cities were meant for someone else entirely whether now or in the future, whatever that future may be. One city has a University built to house 2million students! Meanwhile you have 30m chinese people living in caves which are touted as being "eco-friendly" in the West with young eco warriors wanting in as trendy homes, which by contrast, the younger chinese generation are wanting out and to own their own apartments!

inhabitat.com...

The building that intrigues me the most is the one with the arched formation and the Templar Cross in the middle. Whether that is significant of something or not I still find it peculiar but maybe I'm just looking too hard

edit on 1-12-2012 by phyllida because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This town I must confess rather tickles my fancy.....wouldn't mind living there myself

www.dailymail.co.uk... es-local-pub-cobbled-streets.html

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is interesting stuff. Normally you let the citizens of a small town grow that town as it's economy increases. You don't build entire huge towns then expect people to live there on a whim thus paying back your investment. Either China is way richer than I thought and can afford to throw away money or something else is going on. It doesn't seem likely that this is really for the Chinese people because they restrict the amount of kids a family can have. Where and how do they expect to find the people to fill these cities? Surely the people don't have that kind of money.

In any event it's a waiting game. Many places in China are starting to see a middle class and in time these cities will be used - if they don't fall apart in the meantime. It could take many years before these places can be filled.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here's an interesting article from FP that pretty much gives the answer to why they are building these huge fake cities, many times copycat cities of European counterparts.

Chinese tourists may be flocking to Europe in record numbers, but now they can see some of the continent's top historical attractions without ever leaving the People's Republic. The Alpine village of Hallstatt, Austria, (a UNESCO World Heritage site on the picturesque shore of the Hallstätter See) has been re-created in full-scale replica in Boluo, in southern China. Complete with European-style wood houses and the town's signature Roman-numeral clock tower, the made-in-China version of Hallstatt opened this summer for visitors and new residents.

The Chinese developers, Minmetals Land Ltd., even got the real mayor of Hallstatt to fly in from Austria to mark the occasion. Strange as it sounds, the Hallstatt replica is hardly unique in China. The Middle Kingdom is cloning Western monuments, palaces, and entire towns -- often at a frenetic pace and with uncanny accuracy. But why? American and European commentators -- not to mention residents of the original cities -- are variously amused, indignant, and, above all, puzzled.

This is not, however, the first time China has imported Western architecture on a grand scale. Now, as in China's past, imitation isn't intended as flattery. The ancient parallels for these copycat projects suggest that they are not mere follies, but monumental assertions of China's global primacy.

TL;DR: It's basically, an old tradition of copying the palaces/artifacts/towns that you have conquered in battle, to show that they also can build something of the same magnitude or complexity.

Read the whole thing here:

Foreign Policy - China's Copycat Cities

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join