It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Man Who Insulted Muhammad, No Regret

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Supposedly this guy wanted to be interviewed but the prison warden at the detention center didn't allow a direct interview, so he sent a letter to the NY Times .

And it appears as the media is still trying to imply that this movie caused the attack in Benghazi.

Does Mr. Nakoula now regret the footage? After all, it fueled deadly protests across the Islamic world and led the unlikely filmmaker to his own arrest for violating his supervised release on a fraud conviction.

A little further down in the article they state this;

There is a dispute about how important the video was in provoking the terrorist assault on the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, that killed the United States ambassador and three other Americans. Militants interviewed at the scene said they were unaware of the video until a protest in Cairo called it to their attention. But the video without question led to protests across the globe, beginning in Cairo and spreading rapidly in September to Yemen, Morocco, Iran, Tunisia, Sudan, Iraq, Pakistan, Lebanon, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Anybody know what deadly protests they are talking about if it's not the one in Benghazi? Because as far as I know the movie had nothing to do with what happened in Benghazi.

This is exactly why most people stopped looking for news in the main stream media. But I'm sure some people still believe that the stupid video provoked the Benghazi attack.

edit on 27-11-2012 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
mohammed was a pedophile who started a death cult. He deserves all of the insults you desire to pile upon him.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
mohammed was a pedophile who started a death cult. He deserves all of the insults you desire to pile upon him.

I hope you realize how many people you just insulted.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

I'm with the other guy ^

See, here's how it works. You insult my Jesus? You're insulting Jesus. You're not insulting me, just Him. And quite frankly, he's handled worse. Much worse. And if God and His prophets can't handle this kind of crap, well...

get out of the ballgame.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

I'm not saying he was right but I firmly believe the it's a choice from within whether or not we are insulted. It's a "sticks and stones" argument I understand but at the end of the day...What happened to our ability to just say "He's nuts, but that's his opinion" Our own internal belief structures are what causes us to be insulted! IMHO

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

I'm with the other guy ^

See, here's how it works. You insult my Jesus? You're insulting Jesus. You're not insulting me, just Him. And quite frankly, he's handled worse. Much worse. And if God and His prophets can't handle this kind of crap, well...

get out of the ballgame.

In a free society you may say, print or make a movie about anything you want. Some people may take it personaly. I'm not a religious person at all so I really couldn't care less.

But you're saying that you agree with the other guy, how about you explain what makes you think that the other guy is right?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Some members here are champions at provocation, but hey.. It's all about free speech, right ?
Who cares about disrespecting more than a billion people ?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I'm with the other guy ^

get out of the ballgame.

yeah, he's handled worse but i don't think he looks a thing like my ex boyfriend and quite frankly it pisses me off that my ex can get away with so much simply because Christians Jesify him.

It's sickening.

but as for the topic, am I supposed to think this really has anything to do with Benghazi or is this just some people trying to make Muslims look bad as usual?

I'm going to have to read more because I'm not making the connection of why this is of any concern in the first place.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Supposedly this guy wanted to be interviewed but the prison warden at the detention center didn't allow a direct interview, so he sent a letter to the NY Times .

And it appears as the media is still trying to imply that this movie caused the attack in Benghazi.

Does Mr. Nakoula now regret the footage? After all, it fueled deadly protests across the Islamic world and led the unlikely filmmaker to his own arrest for violating his supervised release on a fraud conviction.

A little further down in the article they state this;

There is a dispute about how important the video was in provoking the terrorist assault on the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, that killed the United States ambassador and three other Americans. Militants interviewed at the scene said they were unaware of the video until a protest in Cairo called it to their attention. But the video without question led to protests across the globe, beginning in Cairo and spreading rapidly in September to Yemen, Morocco, Iran, Tunisia, Sudan, Iraq, Pakistan, Lebanon, Indonesia and Malaysia.

Anybody know what deadly protests they are talking about if it's not the one in Benghazi? Because as far as I know the movie had nothing to do with what happened in Benghazi.

This is exactly why most people stopped looking for news in the main stream media. But I'm sure some people still believe that the stupid video provoked the Benghazi attack.

edit on 27-11-2012 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

The video didn't provoke the attacks. Their 3 year old temper and irrational beliefs caused the Deaths. They either need to control themselves or we'll do it. As soon as we get a president with a back bone.

AAAwww that just reminded me other the good ol' days when America was somewhere to be proud of.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

but as for the topic, am I supposed to think this really has anything to do with Benghazi or is this just some people trying to make Muslims look bad as usual?

It has nothing to do with Benghazi and very little to do with making Muslims look bad. Normal people understand that crazy people come from all religions . In my opinion It's about making free speech illegal.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The only people he insulted are people called mohammed ....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

This statement is actually about Woody Allen and Hollywood.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

The only people he insulted are people called mohammed ....

Them too.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I should have realized something would be confusing about this when i learned filmmakers were involved.

at first glance i took the article as a backwards plug for the film.

I can only say that now that i think about it and reflect on this, film making has really screwed up people's minds.

I say we need to keep a more exhaustive archive of what actually happens and get away from this trend of reinterpreting everything and shoving it in everyone's faces. I'm so sick of movies and TV...and then some wise ass said "let's make reality TV" and they couldn't even make THAT seem legit, yet everyone seems to buy straight into fiction.

I don't like the fact they published this article. i think somebody should have said "No...screw this guy and his film. who cares"

but instead they were like "let's talk about this jerk some more, as if we don't like his work or something and piss more Muslims off and pretend like it's old news"

i read ATS all the time and this is the first i have heard of this guy. I must have missed that thread.

where IS that thread?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I heard the founding fathers of the USA were pedophiles? Maybe I heard wrong but It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

This statement is actually about Woody Allen and Hollywood.

When I see hoards of woody allen fanatics all running around screaming god is great and beheading anyone who looks like mia farrow, while pointing the finger at anyone who stops to notice saying "Oi, stop making me look bad you moron. I'm cool guy eh, and don't afraid of anything!" -- then I'll be worried about these Woodiites.

Till then, it's only his work I have to avoid.

edit on 27-11-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

I heard the founding fathers of the USA were pedophiles? Maybe I heard wrong but It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Well done clap clap clap

annnnnd another bomb goes off in the name of the religion of peace. lol

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Just one. Anybody else who is/was insulted by my remark chooses to be.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I'm with the other guy ^

get out of the ballgame.

MY Jesus..?

When you said that then you are the follower of the ”Jesus”, any form of “insult to Jesus” will be directed to you as well.

Unless you don’t respect “yourself” you should feel “insulted” and you should at least defend yourself against any form of “insult” fair or unfair.

Question…!

Do you have any form of “human” feelings..? Sounds “you haven’t” to me…!

edit on 28-11-2012 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Wanted to add but it didn’t worked. So the second post.

Put it in this way, if I insulting your woman, kids, family members wouldn’t you be insulted and preparing yourself to defending your honour..?

And it’s just a tiny community of yours… now insulting a dearly loved religious leader of more than 1,5 billion people..??

Bad idea…

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join