It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angus T. Jones.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Angus T. Jones, one of the lead actors in the hit TV Show - 2 & 1/2 Men (Being the 1/2) has spoken out against his employers and the TV Show warning people to not watch his show (calling it "the enemy") because of his new Christian calling.

Angus T. Jones is pleading with his fans to STOP watching "Two and a Half Men" ... claiming it's nothing but "filth" that contradicts his deep Christian values.

19-year-old Jones -- who makes $350k AN EPISODE playing Jake on the show -- is featured in a new video for the Forerunner Christian Church ... in which he talks about his commitment to his faith and explains, "If you watch Two and a Half Men, please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men.'"

"I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it."

I put this in conspiracies in Religion to show the absurd kind of brainwashing that comes up with religious wingnuts. This piece of garbage made 300k+ per episode and with the millions upon millions he's made (off the devil) what did he decide to do?

Did he donate every dollar he made to a good cause?

No...

He bashed the namesake that made him his fortune. While claiming some moral/religious indignation.

Hi hypocrisy, nice to meet you.

Thanks for making me one step closer to god. Will never watch the show again....

edit on 27-11-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed unnecessary insult from title

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Hope he plans on doing the Christian-ly thing and donating all the "filthy" millions he's made from the show to charity.

If not, he's just another hypocrite.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
So is he going to quit this crappy show, and give his Millions away?

The Hypocrisy knows no bounds, it seems. Heck, he should burn the "evil" money while hes at it.

Ill gotten gains........

S&F

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
So is he going to quit this crappy show, and give his Millions away?

The Hypocrisy knows no bounds, it seems. Heck, he should burn the "evil" money while hes at it.

Ill gotten gains........

S&F

Nice to see you Sonny. As of now, the production studio hasn't commented. Probably because they are between a rock and a hard place. While Angus says that he can't be a "god fearing Christian" while being part of the show. He also hasn't given any timeline of leaving the show.

And surely it's just a matter of him finding a proper place to dump all those ill gotten gains he received.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Hope he plans on doing the Christian-ly thing and donating all the "filthy" millions he's made from the show to charity.

If not, he's just another hypocrite.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

I'd rather see him spend it on male prostitutes like some of the past Christian greats have... Rent-A-Boy?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
To note: I might be a little harsh in this thread. This stuff just kills me though... Worst of the worst in my opinion. Can't see a way to set a more destructive, negative example.

If you want to live the word of god, feel free, but don't take advantage of what you claim to be against....

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't watch much tv anymore, and don't watch 'two and a hulf mon' (will that circumvent search engines?) since my wife screwed my best (ex) mate....anyway, what gave me the sghits was seeing Jake driving and talking. No way dude. That's just wrong.

edit on 27-11-2012 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
kind of a shallow and nonsensical topic. figures.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Angus T. Jones is pleading with his fans to STOP watching "Two and a Half Men" ... claiming it's nothing but "filth" that contradicts his deep Christian values.

Well to be fair the show IS filth.
I don't think it ever tried to pretend it wasn't.

It always tried to one-up itself with the raunch-factor, but that was basically the whole premise.
Sleazy brother takes in nerdy brother and son who cramp his philandering style.

He started the show young so maybe a lot of it was over his head at some point but he now should be fully aware of what this show represents.

Why trash the kid with a title like that, though?

He claims he has found a different path and doesn't like the one he's currently on.
He young though, so that may change but still...he's entitled to leave a TV show he now finds distasteful.

Nothing about that would imply that he was mentally challenged.

On the contrary...he's actually taking a closer look at his career choices in relation to his religious ones.
Again, his views may change considering his age but this is what he says he wants right now.

I say more power to him.

- Lee

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
There seems to be a pattern to this

Its a sad and horrible mental explosion that goes off in the heads of these believers when they realize theyre gay. The resulting zealotry only lends evidence to his inner turmoil.

AKA hes the next Tim Haggard.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
So he comes to realize the zio-filth the show stands for is not the right ideal for him, and people call him retarded and gay??

I say good for him, just hope he watches his back. The religious sect will exploit him maybe even worse then hollywood.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The Full Angus Jones Testimony can be seen here...

(part 1)

(part 2)

Thank God. His eyes have been opened to the truth.
edit on 27-11-2012 by SkyLiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Gee willakers.. free exercise clause anybody? And he's right, the show is filth, as is most network TV shows.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
He's not a hypocrite at all. I don't understand why people say that. :shk:

HE WAS A CHILD when he started the show. He has admitted he didn't understand anything that they had in the scripts. Jon Cryer would offer to explain the raunchy stuff to him and he'd say 'no'. He just delivered his lines and got paid. I read that at TMZ a long while back.

WHEN HE WAS A TEEN and understood better, he was a typical teen boy getting kicks out of smutty stuff.

RECENTLY, when he became an adult, he discovered GOD. His twitter posts (I looked at them this morning) reveal this to be true.

NO ONE can realistically fault him for being a kid on that show.
NO ONE can realistically fault him for getting paid all these years.
His conversion to Christianity was RECENT.

Now that he's an adult and now that he's a practicing Christian, it would be hypocritical of him to go to work at 2 1/2 men, keep quiet, and get paid. As a new adult with his own voice, he has spoken up and said "I WANT OUT".

Although I disagree with the Seventh Day Adventists (which he has hooked up with), I applaud Angus T Jones for being very brave and speaking up with his new adult voice. He has said NO MORE. Good for him. He can take whatever money he has left from being a child actor and go back to TEXAS like he said he wants to do, and go to college .. away from Hollywood and all it's negative influences.

BTW .. i doubt he has a lot left from his child working years. He has to pay an agent and mega taxes and living expenses in Los Angeles. He's probably not nearly as rich as people seem to want to make him out to be.

Angus T. Jones.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

To note: I might be a little harsh in this thread. This stuff just kills me though... Worst of the worst in my opinion. Can't see a way to set a more destructive, negative example.

If you want to live the word of god, feel free, but don't take advantage of what you claim to be against....

Can I ask how he is taking advantage of what he claims to be against? This is recent and he's made his decision based on what the Lord has revealed to him - that his career (this show) is completely against what Christ represents. If anything, it's perfectly demonstrative of how Jesus still heals the eyes to see and the ears to hear - to give understanding. The end of one of the interviews deals with the tough times ahead after this testimony and his decision. What would be hypocritical and un-Christian would be him continuing in the show from this point forward once the Almighty has opened his eyes to the Truth -

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
People disn' Angus T. Jones would rather see him come of age in Hollywood and embrace the Charlie Sheen lifestyle rather than go back to Texas and be a Christian. Thats' really, really twisted.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
People disn' Angus T. Jones would rather see him come of age in Hollywood and embrace the Charlie Sheen lifestyle rather than go back to Texas and be a Christian. Thats' really, really twisted.

Charlie is not on the show anymore for a reason. He does the show with Kutcher who is involved in a lot of causes to support different issues.

The show is comedy... And, like all Hollywood, it's not real...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Can I ask how he is taking advantage of what he claims to be against? This is recent and he's made his decision based on what the Lord has revealed to him - that his career (this show) is completely against what Christ represents.

That's fine, he should give away all and any money he received from a show that he believes is "the work of the devil".

He's rolling around on Devil Bucks right now...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He's not a hypocrite at all. I don't understand why people say that. :shk:

HE WAS A CHILD when he started the show. He has admitted he didn't understand anything that they had in the scripts. Jon Cryer would offer to explain the raunchy stuff to him and he'd say 'no'. He just delivered his lines and got paid. I read that at TMZ a long while back.

WHEN HE WAS A TEEN and understood better, he was a typical teen boy getting kicks out of smutty stuff.

RECENTLY, when he became an adult, he discovered GOD. His twitter posts (I looked at them this morning) reveal this to be true.

NO ONE can realistically fault him for being a kid on that show.
NO ONE can realistically fault him for getting paid all these years.
His conversion to Christianity was RECENT.

Now that he's an adult and now that he's a practicing Christian, it would be hypocritical of him to go to work at 2 1/2 men, keep quiet, and get paid. As a new adult with his own voice, he has spoken up and said "I WANT OUT".

Although I disagree with the Seventh Day Adventists (which he has hooked up with), I applaud Angus T Jones for being very brave and speaking up with his new adult voice. He has said NO MORE. Good for him. He can take whatever money he has left from being a child actor and go back to TEXAS like he said he wants to do, and go to college .. away from Hollywood and all it's negative influences.

BTW .. i doubt he has a lot left from his child working years. He has to pay an agent and mega taxes and living expenses in Los Angeles. He's probably not nearly as rich as people seem to want to make him out to be.

Angus T. Jones.

You're one of the few voices of reason on this site and I enjoy reading your threads and comments. You said what I felt and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by WhoKnows100

Can I ask how he is taking advantage of what he claims to be against? This is recent and he's made his decision based on what the Lord has revealed to him - that his career (this show) is completely against what Christ represents.

That's fine, he should give away all and any money he received from a show that he believes is "the work of the devil".

He's rolling around on Devil Bucks right now...

How do you know he doesn't give to charity? Do you hang out with him on a regular basis or something?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join