It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Inescapable and Encompassing Power of MEH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Hi again ATS!

Is there logic in the fact that I am about to rant about the fact that I don't feel like ranting at all? You're damned skippy there is! In fact I intend to state a formidable case, momentarily, the apathy and feeling bland are possibly the most worthy of things to rant about.

You see folks, tonight I feel meh and this bothers me deeply. Well, not really deeply because the freaking meh is disengaging my righteous anger before it has any chance at all of taking hold. But if I were currently capable of any strong emotion... you can bet I'd be furious!

As a person who believes in an amalgam of both evolution and intelligent design, I am left baffled at the though that either process could result in us, as beings, having the power to simply feel this blah. Heck, I'm having trouble just trying to find appropriate terms to describe the feeling! THAT is how much we ignore the problem!

I get the darned French have about eighty words for it. Those French and their words that nobody else has. One day I'll work out of this mehness and rant about that too. I mean I don't have language envy - but why French? Why a language that is so darned difficult to phonetically spell in? Sure, we all know deja vu... but what about that term for "a certain something" that is phonetically spelled "jen-no-say-kwa"? HUH?

Oh how irked I'd be over that if I were able. But even now... The meh is overpowering.

Could meh be the dark matter or dark energy that they say makes us most of the universe? Is THAT why is tends to be so pervasive and profound? It fits, doesn't it? Man can detect 10% of the matter in the Universe. The rest is meh. It works for me. If I didn't feel so blah I might even write an email to Stephen Hawking about the possibility of a meh based Universe. Who knows... I could be on to something.

Is there a known cure for meh? If there is, I certainly can't find it tonight. I could lick a light socket and, once I woke up, I'd just go "Should have seen that result coming" - and I'd be right back here adding a "Yup, extreme electrical shock didn't work. Now my tongue is both meh AND numb...."

Of all the evils, trials, and tribulations that life has to offer, I conclude that meh is the most graphically and brutally vicious of them all. At least most other emotions have some sort of passion attached to them - they feel alive and vital - even the bad ones. But Mr Meh... well he just makes you feel like you're sitting at the DMV with a stub that says "719", staring at an electronic board that says "Now Serving Number 8"....

While I am at it, they say that money is the root of all evil - but I offer that meh is actually the culprit. I mean greed can lead you into doing some shady things. But they aren't usually stupid things. Whereas meh has me thinking "I could go outside and try to find a rabid possum to corner... that'd be fun at least.". No, good denizens of ATS. Money is not our problem at all. In fact, as I think about it, you know how money was created in the first place? Some dude was feeling meh way back in the day and inventing money was the end result. Two World Wars... My theory? Germans have a genetic predisposition towards feeling meh. Nuclear weapons. It's common knowledge that Oppenheimer was prone to meh as well.

Mr Meh, I am onto you. And if I wasn't so meh right now... I'd do something about it.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The power of meh is formidable. I too would be very angry with meh right now if I were not so meh.

I am so meh right now, I have been going back and forth between ATS and checking the weather online for what seems like an eternity.

I have watched this video 6 times in 3 hours. That is MEH!

Meh!
edit on 27-11-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Meh? You Betcha

I'd have more to say if i weren't suffering with you.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I want to show up at that persons 18th birthday party and beat them senseless. But I'm still meh.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My meh is so powerful? I actually just Googled the kid and watched another one of his videos.

Why are bad things always so enthralling????

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

my Daughter uses that word rather a lot, seems to mean 'whatever' or even non-challant/melancholy.

I think it is only a recent saying? I have only noticed it in the last couple of years. It isn't something I say, maybe not my generation...

I have noticed though, when she says "Meh", it is very similar to when I shrug my shoulders but shrugging my shoulders and scrunching up my nose isn't any good if your talking on the phone/emails etc...so 'Meh" might be the descriptive new word for the physical act of shrugging your shoulders and scrunching up your nose?

this might break you out of the way you are feeling.

edit on 27/11/2012 by Thurisaz because: insert vid

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

For me it means "meh"

To elucidate - being filled with unbelievable levels of not caring at all.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

As a person who believes in an amalgam of both evolution and intelligent design, I am left baffled at the though that either process could result in us, as beings, having the power to simply feel this blah. Heck, I'm having trouble just trying to find appropriate terms to describe the feeling! THAT is how much we ignore the problem!

Caring about things that matter uses up a lot of emotional energy, he just needs a recharge.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

yeah seems to be like that. I will be all upset about some random event and she will just say "Meh" and stay the same mood when I am all upset about it... so those People who use the word "Meh" are probably more happier than those that don't?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I was going to give a really intelligent and well delivered response to the thread itself. But all of the sudden... I got blindsided by MEH... It came so fast... so all I will say is ahhh, forget it. Meh....
edit on 27-11-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Your "meh" is my apathy, and the only good thing about my apathy is that it is one of the few things I hate with a passion. Just the thought of apathy gets me all wound up. It is something that annoys me to no end. When I start feeling apathetic, I climb the walls, simply because I hate it so much that I don't give a damn....and once that self hatred kicks in, I feel much better, because self loathing is an emotional state that I prefer much more than not caring. I guess now might be a good time to mention I have some emotional dysregulation issues?

Heff, I hope your "meh" dissipates soon, and you can get back to your usual empassioned self, but if it makes you feel less "meh" at least know even in your moments of "meh" you still manage to make me feel not "meh", cause I care about your "meh"

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
My meh thread went meh. The irony.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

I just don't get what the cartoon's point has to do with Meh... can you draw me another picture?

lol sorry, but when I saw it, I was wtf...

no idea.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

the evil that is "meh"

:::::::::

edit on 28-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

ok so the dude is being relaxed about the evil or not caring?

thx

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Meh

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

ok I get it. Been bashing my head with spreadsheets all day so no wonder, I need pictures drawn for me lol

top topics

join