It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intelligent Aliens Discovered In Our Solar System ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I actually own that book, and posted that "we werent talking to you" joke, thinking that it was serious. Apparantly thats a joke that has been running for an awful long time, amongst people in the field. Went pretty red in the face when I realised, I can tell you! In fact, that was one of my first threads I think. Oh to be young and foolish.

Rupert Matthews is an author who has written many books, but he is NOT as some have claimed, a novelist...
www.rupertmatthews.com...
....but a writer of non-fiction, on a range of different subjects. He is most known for his historical works.
He is also a Conservative party member
and was very nearly made Member of European Parliament

en.wikipedia.org...(politician)
Here are some other sources regarding Rupert Matthews:

www.dailymail.co.uk...
conservativehome.blogs.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 27-11-2012 by TrueBrit because: Grammar fail.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
reply to post by Cosmic911

You should know we have been interfered with.
We just need a fresh start. It won't be long now.
The ripple effects of President Eisenhower have given us a remarkable timeline.
They say that truth is stranger than fiction.

Actually, the truth is #tier than fiction. The personal agendas of our government have plagued everything. The only interference I see is our own greed. I wouldn't exactly call the last 60 years remarkable.

Remember the Ronald Reagan Star Wars program to shoot Soviet ICBMs.
That was a Black Op. We used those $$$ Billions to build our own MJ-12 / U.S. Navy
Starfleet. We finally had the technology and the means to protect ourselves.
Lockheeds Ben Rich spilled the beans a long time ago.
"We have the technology to travel to other stars."
That means Lockheed built a Beamship for the U.S. Navy. It's like a new and improved
aircraft carrier that carries smaller scout class spacecraft inside of it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If there were alienz and they did have an undersea base on Earth in say the Marianas Trench, America would step in and declare the Marianas Trench a "National Marine Park" and forbid any country from going below the waterline....

Wait...that already happened under George Bush jr..

There already is an intelligent alien species on Earth, controlling us.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The controlling aliens where kicked off Earth during the War of Liberation.
October 2002 - October 2011
Now we can make a fresh start.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yeah, great thread- interesting, funny and depressing all at once.........

Thats interesting, TrueBrit- someone actually researched the guy before going with the knee jerk.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Thunda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

dru you really think we are alone?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I was researching another thread some time back and came across the claim of an alien signal from Ganymede in 1980. I found a connection to Rupert Matthews and e-mailed him and this was his reply.

...................................................................................................................................................... .........

Re: The 1980 Ganyemeade signal

Dear xxxxx

This story is a joke that has been doing the rounds among astonomers for many years. The version I heard goes as follows.

Apparently back in the 1980s the staff at NASA picked up a radio signal originating on one of the moons of Jupiter. The signal seemed to carry a coded message, but even the most sophisticated computers at NASA could make no sense of it. The US President was alerted and contacted the President of the Soviet Union (as it was then) to ask if they knew anything about it. The Soviets admitted that they had picked up the intermittent signals a few weeks earlier but had likewise been unable to make any sense of them except that they seemed to be artificial and to be from an intelligent life form.

A hurried international conference was held at which it was decided that if the signal was being sent by an intelligent being or beings stationed on Jupiter’s moon then attempts should be made to contact them. It was decided to beam a signal to the site of the transmitter on the same wavelength as the mystery signal. The signal would be sent in morse code, as that was considered to be the most simple for an alien to decode, and would read “We have received your signal, but we do not understand it. Please resend your signal using this language and transmission code.”

It was confidently expected that any alien intelligence would, sooner or later, be able to crack the morse code and so be in a position to respond in a way that could be understood. The signal was sent and, instantly, the mysterious signal ceased transmission.

For day after day, week after week the American and Soviet scientists eagerly trained their radio receivers on the source of the extraterrestrial signal. Finally the mystery transmitter burst into life. With incredible excitement it was realised that the new signal was being beamed direct to Earth and was in morse code. Hurriedly the scientists translated the incoming signal, the first direct communication with an alien civilisation.

The signal read: “We weren’t talking to you.”

I repeat, the story is a joke and was never intended to be taken as the truth.

All the best

Rupert

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

To prove your claim , please post the original Email from Rupert

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

I'm not Durscilla, but I would like to give my answer to this:

I personally feel 99.999999% certain that other life exists in the universe -- even in our galaxy. However, it would be wrong to claim that it is 100% certain other life exists until we actually confirm this by some sort of contact (direct or indirect). It would be wrong to state that is as an absolute fact that there is life elsewhere without hard confirmation evidence. I mean, stating a FACT (which is different than a theory) based on circumstantial evidence would be wrong -- even IF I am 99.99999% sure of something.

There is a term used in science -- "Almost Surely" (or sometimes "Almost Certainly"). "Almost Surely" has a specific scientific meaning. It means that for all intents and purposes, something could be considered to be true, but with the caveat that it is possible that it is untrue -- even if the chances of it being untrue are astronomically low. The fact still remains that it is NOT 100% confirmed as being true (confirmed by hard and incontrovertible evidence)...

...Therefore it is "Almost Surely" true that other life exists elsewhere, but it cannot "yet" be ruled out by science that we are alone, even if the chances of being alone are so astronomically slim that they approach zero -- but they are not quite zero.

edit on 11/27/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: sppellling

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I think it is very likely there is other intelligent life in this galaxy. Probably living on this planet too (besides the occasional human)

BTW Do all threads on this site have random annoying posts asking for proof? That's cool because it makes one think of how to even approach this, but is it every thread?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would really like to believe it. I am so fed up with our planet and the human race that I would find some value in discovering an alien species.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

What people will claim to sell their book!!! Reading the link says it all it contains all the usual alien cliches , guys form NASA said this to him, the Russians know as well etc.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Here is part of the extended header from the email. All my info has changed as had my computer so any of my IP addy that I might have missed from my old account is no longer valid.

From Rupert Matthews Fri Jan 6 19:51:23 2012
X-Apparently-To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Fri, 06 Jan 2012 11:51:39 -0800
Return-Path:
Received-SPF: none (domain of rupertmatthews.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-Originating-IP: [81.103.221.48]
Authentication-Results: mta1307.mail.mud.yahoo.com from=rupertmatthews.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=rupertmatthews.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received: from xxxxxx (EHLO mtaout02-winn.ispmail.ntl.com) (81.103.221.48)
by mta1307.mail.mud.yahoo.com with SMTP; Fri, 06 Jan 2012 11:51:38 -0800
Received: from aamtaout04-winn.ispmail.ntl.com ([81.103.221.35])
by mtaout02-winn.ispmail.ntl.com
(InterMail vM.7.08.04.00 201-2186-134-20080326) with ESMTP
id
xxxxxxxxxxxxx Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:51:36 +0000
Received: from [192.168.0.130] (really [86.0.223.199])
by aamtaout04-winn.ispmail.ntl.com
(InterMail vG.3.00.04.00 201-2196-133-20080908) with ESMTP
id
for xxxxxxxxx; Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:51:35 +0000
Message-Id:
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In-Reply-To:
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=Apple-Mail-371--3xxxxxx7620
Mime-Version: 1.0 (Apple Message framework v936)
Subject: Re: The 1980 Ganyemeade signal
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 19:51:23 +0000
References:

Content-Length: 69520

The email is word for word above.

edit on 27-11-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

However, it would be wrong to claim that it is 100% certain other life exists until we actually confirm this by some sort of contact (direct or indirect). It would be wrong to state that is as an absolute fact that there is life elsewhere without hard confirmation evidence.

No, it wouldn't be wrong. I am absolutely 100% certain life exists elsewhere in the universe.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

the lack of evidence for mr mathews claim is overwhelming

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Oops still not convincing . Can you please post the snapshot of the email from Rupert ?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Yep, thats the stuff. Of course, since that incident I have learned to be an awful lot MORE careful about what I read and how I read it. Not only do I take everything with a pinch of salt these days, but I also spinkle a fingerful of suspicion over it as well.

I cannot believe that it is being discussed so thoroughly though, after all this time lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by maryhinge

I'm not Durscilla, but I would like to give my answer to this:

I personally feel 99.999999% certain that other life exists in the universe -- even in our galaxy. However, it would be wrong to claim that it is 100% certain other life exists until we actually confirm this by some sort of contact (direct or indirect). It would be wrong to state that is as an absolute fact that there is life elsewhere without hard confirmation evidence. I mean, stating a FACT (which is different than a theory) based on circumstantial evidence would be wrong -- even IF I am 99.99999% sure of something.

There is a term used in science -- "Almost Surely" (or sometimes "Almost Certainly"). "Almost Surely" has a specific scientific meaning. It means that for all intents and purposes, something could be considered to be true, but with the caveat that it is possible that it is untrue -- even if the chances of it being untrue are astronomically low. The fact still remains that it is NOT 100% confirmed as being true (confirmed by hard and incontrovertible evidence)...

...Therefore it is "Almost Surely" true that other life exists elsewhere, but it cannot "yet" be ruled out by science that we are alone, even if the chances of being alone are so astronomically slim that they approach zero -- but they are not quite zero.

edit on 11/27/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: sppellling

AGREED

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well Lacerta...our favorite Dinosauroid, tells us that they have colonies on some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.

Of course...who would believe that Dinosaurs evolved into intelligent beings millions of years before Humans.

Preposterous!!! ....We all know Humans are the pinnacle of animal evolution on Earth and are created solely by God...

We are the supreme being of the Universe, there can be no doubt.
edit on 28-11-2012 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

All I did was email the guy. Anyone can do it with a little effort. I'm sure you can go to his website and use the email function like I did and get a reply. I just wanted to share an old inquiry, I'm not going to spend more time on trying to convince anyone because sending an inquiry is too easy to do and you'll have your own resource.
edit on 28-11-2012 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join