It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange "hole" in Nevada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I need to post this. A friend called me to say that he had discovered something un-usual, something which he described it as a "bottomless hole". He isn't one to get excited, but he was definitely excited about this and said "you HAVE to see this". I obliged, I had nothing better to do.

That's all that it can really be described as, a seemingly bottomless hole which is in the middle of nowhere. Now this isn't what made me come here to post about this, there's plenty of holes and pits around the country which seem endless. This hole however, seems to be un-natural. It had a metal outline, a rim if you like. Similar to a grate cover, but this did not cover the opening. It spanned the opening of the hole, and covers the interior. The entire thing is seemingly lined with this metal, almost like it was intentionally dug for some purpose. It goes all the way down from what i could see, which means ALOT of work and effort went into lining this pit with the "metal" This is what I think shows the hole is man-made and made for a purpose, for what I cant even fathom.

The metal around it is odd as-well, my friend pointed something out to me which was extraordinary. The metal didn't seem to emit sound, it was "mute" for lack of a better phrase. When he tapped it or knocked on this metal "outline" it made no sound at all, we even threw a nearby rock at it and we heard NO sound.

What's even stranger that the hole emitted heat, we felt it as we examining it. It wasn't extremely hot, but warm enough that you could use it to stay warm for the night if need be.

It's one of the oddest things I have encountered, I just cant get my head around what it could be. I want to think it's somehow natural, but the metal which spans it makes this impossible. Could this somehow be related to the Government?

I will post directions if anybody is interested, and I may go back tomorrow for some pictures.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Perhaps abandoned missile silo? Or a ventilation exhaust for something?

I know you said in the middle of no where, but I presume it is connected to the closest man ade structure.

Perhaps part of underground aqueduct too..?

Will keep an eye for photos and exact location.
edit on 25-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Definately go back for some pictures . Im very interested to see for myself . Also, how wide is it and is it visible from satellite?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You really need to go back and get some pics. Sounds very interesting, could be an exhaust hole of some kind either from a missile silo or an air ventilation duct??

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Couldn't help but think of Mels' hole, from the Art Bell days...I too, await some pics, and more info...

Des

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

edit on 25-11-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
by yucca mountain perhaps?

i'm in vegas...would love to get directions
ex machinist so i may figure out the alloy content if this is accessible

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
A quick search would suggest you are describing Mels '2nd' hole in Nevada. Here's an extract of its properties.

1. Mel claimed that the alleged second hole's collar was composed of a substance with the following unusual paranormal properties. Mel claims that he dropped a box wrench on the metal collar, but that the impact did not make a noise. He says this implies that the collar absorbs the sound or energy.

2. According to Mel, the hole is "solidly lined" with this metal as far as one can see into the hole.

3. Mel claims that even in winter, the area around the metal collar is warm to the touch and will keep nearby tents warm. He says the collar is not hot to the touch, however.

creepypasta.wikia.com...

Your description is almost word for word. Coincidence?

I eagerly await your pictures Sir.

edit on 25/11/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Can you provide coordinates, so we can put them on google earth or similars? I think I'm not asking too much right?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

That sounds interesting. I'd like to know what it is, too.

A quick question though... when your friend called you and described something amazing that you had to see, did you think at all of bringing a camera? After all of the threads on ATS where people say "pics or it didn't happen", you have been undoubtedly conditioned to obtain evidence in the form of pictures. Did you take your cell phone? Almost all cell phones have cameras now, some better than others.

I understand that you will be going back to take some pictures, and I hope the photos give the ATS community what we need to figure out what it is.

ETA: I see that someone has asked for coordinates. If you do not have coordinates, how about some directions and specifics that would allow us to look it up on google maps or other satellite/aerial imagery?
edit on 25-11-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Will post co-ordinates soon, it's hard to remember the exact location.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So is this the same hole as Mel's hole? Or is this similar to Mel's hole? I'm not familiar wit it or where it is....it sounds like a missile silo to me.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I grew up in the Nevada deserts and would like to go see as well. DO you have a location of where abouts? county, highway near by, city, town, mine, mountain range etc? give us something?

My spider senses are feeling weird about this.....seems like a hoax....

edit on 25-11-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sounds strangely like the hole from the Jeepers Creepers movie!!

I'd be careful, if I were you!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
You got any pictures of this?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Oh boy. I see.
Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Oh boy. I see.
Hmmm.

I share your sentiment.

The delay to go to google earth to give us an approximate area concerns me..

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
if not by vegas i have sincere friends up in reno too
where are you located?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
Definately go back for some pictures . Im very interested to see for myself . Also, how wide is it and is it visible from satellite?

Ya a GPS Location if you can.
Flag now star for picture or GPS location

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I live in N. Nevada and would be happy to go check it out with lots of camera and video equipment, even if it's a long drive.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join