It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Physics And Decemeber 21, 2012 A Different Kind Of Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

This is pretty incorrect in my opinion. For instance, it is known that thought is what controls the brain, and it is the brain which controls the body. A good example would be, if you wanted to make a sandwhich first you would mentally make it, and then you would physically make it via your thoughts stimulating the proper body responses. These would be things such as directing your arm to withdraw the bread from the cabinet, or spreading the peanut-butter across the slice. Now it would stand to reason under this logic, that those who can control their thoughts, can control their brain, and thus control their body to the same degree as their thoughts.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think it marks a time of change. We all know many things are not right in the world and maybe it will mark a time when all those things begin to get better.

The exact date maybe not so important, changes have been happening and will continue after the date, people ARE waking up, I mean just look at websites like ATS.

Perhaps it will mark the time when we STARTED to get better.

I can hope

Best Wishes

PS Going to a big end of the world party, really expect nothing worse than a hangover the next day...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Actually, you'd be surprised what you could do by staring into a candle flame under the right circumstances.

Agreed! I was brought up Rosicrucian and my homework at seven and eight years old was starring into a mirror with a lighted candle to see what there was to see then working with it and sending my findings to the Magistrate in San Jose (at the time.) So many things; planes of reality co-existing in a moment. I guess the only question is do you want to see it or not?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by bjarneorn

Now it would stand to reason under this logic, that those who can control their thoughts, can control their brain, and thus control their body to the same degree as their thoughts.

I just wanted to comment on your Avatar background here on ATS. It is very wonderful and I was curious if you made it yourself, as I am not familiar with all of the aspects covered therein "together" like that, or if it is actually from an known group or gathering unknown to me.

It actually fits with the sentence I have quoted. I mean almost every feature in the background of your Avatar is found in the two. You honour yourself greatly in both word and dead, and that is admirable.

In any case I think it is completley brilliant. Touche

I just saw there Gemanian Esoteric Scholar mark. Well I answered my own question when posting but, still it is without a doubt one of the most inclusive Avatars. Thanks again
edit on 26-11-2012 by BewilderedandAmused because: Found the name of the group after posting it.

edit on 26-11-2012 by BewilderedandAmused because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by Wintchman11

But it still has the ability to influence, does it not?

Correct.

I know a person who is blind, she goes to Church. Within this Church everybody prayed for her and what do you know? She's actually gained some of her sight back, not much but a little which is pretty good. This happened overtime though. I can't quite remember what she told me but that's what she said but yes, I do believe our thoughts can influence reality. I believe in the Law of Attraction.

It's just a coincidence, the inference from what you're saying is that the people just didn't pray hard enough - if only they'd wished a bit more maybe she could have seen more.

Bunkum.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by consolution
reply to post by PurpleVortex

That sounds interesting. Do you have more of that stuff?

I was blown away just imagining this scenario, millions in confusion and fear doesn't sound so bright.

Ascension Study Guide

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BewilderedandAmused

That is partially where I drew inspiration from, however Jean Dubuis first brought it to my attention during my perusal of 'The Fundamentals of Esoteric Knowledge'. I have read a few of Max Heindel's works, but I own most if not all of them. I want to be a Rosicrucian myself; send me a U2U sometime. Would love to compare notes.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
if you wait long enough a rock will melt.

your mind is timeless and hence so are its ideas. we are one but we are many. thanks for your time i had....

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by Wintchman11

But it still has the ability to influence, does it not?

Correct.

I know a person who is blind, she goes to Church. Within this Church everybody prayed for her and what do you know? She's actually gained some of her sight back, not much but a little which is pretty good. This happened overtime though. I can't quite remember what she told me but that's what she said but yes, I do believe our thoughts can influence reality. I believe in the Law of Attraction.

It's just a coincidence, the inference from what you're saying is that the people just didn't pray hard enough - if only they'd wished a bit more maybe she could have seen more.

Bunkum.

Was her sons name Sam?....

WARNING: some might find this offensive...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If there were enough people collectively believing without a doubt that something was real, it could be possible that something could spring into existance. A focal point, like a worldwide hologram in the sky would probably be sufficiant. To the ancients, that collective believe produced a very tangible form of "magic" that still boggles the modern scientifically literate mind.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Superunknown528 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BewilderedandAmused

The avatar is actually the emblem or logo for the Theosophical Society, which was founded by Madame Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, among other notable figures. It is one of my favorite collaborations of esoteric symbols there is. Everything is perfectly aligned and placed as it should be. You should take a look into some of their more prominent members like Annie Besant and Rudolf Steiner.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Interesting. I recently posted that quote from wikipedia in a different thread:

Theosophy

In the teachings of Theosophy, Devas are regarded as living either in the atmospheres of the planets of the solar system (Planetary Angels) or inside the Sun (Solar Angels) (presumably other planetary systems and stars have their own angels) and they help to guide the operation of the processes of nature such as the process of evolution and the growth of plants; their appearance is reputedly like colored flames about the size of a human.

Maybe you would like to elaborate on this in context of this thread?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

I am reading it right now. Really nicely done.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Your source says that objects are made of thought which isn't true.

No matter how many people pray or will something to happen it won't and it doesn't.

It IS bloody true! the first tenant of quantum mechanics is that atoms are not things, but tendancies!

There is NOTHING solid about matter. it is indeed much more like a thought than it is a thing. Particles respond to observation, nuclei of atoms exist in multitudes of places, and snap in place when observed...

Things are made of electrical impulses... Exactly as are thoughts. The world of "things" is illusory... reality is but possible waves of consciousness. Youre on this site enough... You should know this!

Run into an illusory wall with your illusory self and see what happens. Also, record it for hilarity's sake. If you don't yet understand the concept of solidity, you will.

Next, take your thought and move something with it. Record it for proof.

After that, think of a rock in your mind, and then extract that rock for all to see. Prove that things are thought so we can set this all to rest.

Lastly, do you exist on the sub-atomic scale? Are you a photon? An electron? Should we attempt to shoot you through a double slit to prove that you are merely waves of possibility? What kind of interference pattern will you leave on the wall?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose

No matter how many people pray or will something to happen it won't and it doesn't.

This is not true at all. Objects wouldn't exist if it wasn't for conciousness and us perceiving it as an solid matter object.

So nothing existed until man was conscious of it? This is solipsism and a very ugly doctrine.

Things do exist even if you're unconscious of it, you just don't know about it yet. Where are we getting this nonsense from?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Things do exist even if you're unconscious of it, you just don't know about it yet.

Is quantum mechanics telling us that the things (particles?) we aren't aware of remain in the so called superposition which includes being in all possible realities a little bit?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by consolution

Things do exist even if you're unconscious of it, you just don't know about it yet.

Is quantum mechanics telling us that the things (particles?) we aren't aware of remain in the so called superposition which includes being in all possible realities a little bit?

You can interpret it however you want. When you are asleep, does your couch in the next room fly to Jupiter?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It IS bloody true! the first tenant of quantum mechanics is that atoms are not things, but tendancies!

There is NOTHING solid about matter. it is indeed much more like a thought than it is a thing. Particles respond to observation, nuclei of atoms exist in multitudes of places, and snap in place when observed...

Things are made of electrical impulses... Exactly as are thoughts. The world of "things" is illusory... reality is but possible waves of consciousness. Youre on this site enough... You should know this!

Run into an illusory wall with your illusory self and see what happens. Also, record it for hilarity's sake. If you don't yet understand the concept of solidity, you will.

After that, think of a rock in your mind, and then extract that rock for all to see. Prove that things are thought so we can set this all to rest.

Lastly, do you exist on the sub-atomic scale? Are you a photon? An electron? Should we attempt to shoot you through a double slit to prove that you are merely waves of possibility? What kind of interference pattern will you leave on the wall?

According to the CERN's latest experiment.....

In this blistering environment, atoms and particles melt into basic building blocks of matter called quarks and gluons. Together, they form a dense, gooey liquid known as quark-gluon plasma, or “quark soup,” which scientists believe was present fractions of seconds after the Big Bang.

www.history.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

According to the CERN's latest experiment.....

In this blistering environment, atoms and particles melt into basic building blocks of matter called quarks and gluons. Together, they form a dense, gooey liquid known as quark-gluon plasma, or “quark soup,” which scientists believe was present fractions of seconds after the Big Bang.

www.history.com...

We are not in the beginning stages of the big bang anymore, MamaJ. I feel you may be arguing for arguments sake. That I can appreciate. But if you'd like, we can pretend we are liquid in form and that every day in the shower we go down the dran.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I do exist on a subatomic level, yes... Not merely so, but yes indeed I am comprised of it.

Your little schpiel was just silly, by the way... you want to just outright deny quantum physics? The science is still infantile! We barely understand what we are learning, do how on Earth should one be able to willingly manipulate it so soon? This is like scolding an infant for it's inability to drive a car...

So, I understand the concept of solidarity, but it too is not merely so. If you weren't trying to be a clown maybe you would have considered this.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join