Quantum Physics And Decemeber 21, 2012 A Different Kind Of Thread

page: 6
22
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Video that explains it simply:
edit on 20-12-2012 by parkourer because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-12-2012 by parkourer because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by parkourer
 


I wish they had kept your thread open
Would have been nice to see fresh ideas due to the fact that you're thread is showing up on the headlines. Nobody post in this thread anymore because it's old, and isn't on the headlines and I doubt many people use the 'Recent Posts' part of this website to look for threads.

Can you summarize the video for me? I'm hearing impaired and can't always make out what people are saying in videos without subtitles. Honestly, I'm not familiar with the Double Slit experiment as much as I would like to be. Hope somebody could provide a short summary.



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


In this video they first shoot matter without filming it. It cant be seen with the naked eye, but they can track where the matter hit afterwards (it hits in several positions.)

But when they film this using a camera that can "see" the matter the matter only hits in one location.

This shows that matter indeed acts differently when being observed. This is huge, makes one wonder why people don´t show more intrest in this.

Maybe it´s just too hard to wrap your mind around it.
edit on 20-12-2012 by parkourer because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkourer
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


In this video they first shoot matter without filming it. It cant be seen with the naked eye, but they can track where the matter hit afterwards (it hits in several positions.)

But when they film this using a camera that can "see" the matter the matter only hits in one location.

This shows that matter indeed acts differently when being observed. This is huge, makes one wonder why people don´t show more intrest in this.

Maybe it´s just too hard to wrap your mind around it.
edit on 20-12-2012 by parkourer because: (no reason given)


Tree of life comes to mind. I'm thinking of something in my head, but I can't wrap my head around it and put it into words to explain it in a way people can actually understand where I'm coming from.

For example, if people are expecting aliens to show up on tomorrow and they all focus on the sky and only those who 'expect' it will see it thus entering into a different reality than those who don't expect it? I don't know I really wish I could explain it better.

Who really knows, but I find how you described the experiment to be quite interesting. I don't know why the 'Tree of Life' came to mind.

Thanks for the short quick summary, you did a very good job explaining it.
edit on 20-12-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


Uh-uh. I'm in physics. Sorry, but that theory has been abandoned and agreed obsolete since decades - only New Agers still subscribe to it.



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


Ah, thats a intresting theory with the diffrent timelines. I have had toughts in the same lines but not related to this.
One thing is for sure, that there is much we don´t understand about what we call "reality".



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001
 


That is really wrong, just yesterday I read a article from a NASA scientist talking about how the world we live in adapts to us watching it.



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by parkourer
Video that explains it simply:
edit on 20-12-2012 by parkourer because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-12-2012 by parkourer because: (no reason given)


I don't know who made the video but it's full of inaccuracies. In a real lab, the "observation" is made by using a magnetic field which detects the presence of electron, thus influencing them - not by watching them with your naked eye. If you were to watch them with your naked eye, nothing would happen. See Uncertainty Principle.



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by TheProphetMark
 


Uh-uh. I'm in physics. Sorry, but that theory has been abandoned and agreed obsolete since decades - only New Agers still subscribe to it.


Do you believe everything you read in History books? Science books? Things change all the time as we become more knowledgeable and don't be too quick to dismiss it. Let me quote one of the most intelligent men who has ever lived on this planet.

'Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.''

-Albert Einstein
edit on 20-12-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001
 


Btw, you claim that Stephen Hawkings theories are obsolete now?



posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by parkourer
 


I read Stephen. You think I don't know what I'm talking about? I know what's quantum theory. Stephen never stated that anything bigger than a particle was subjected to Uncertainty Principle.

You guys should actually pick up a physics book some times. Not just watch animated video with misleading informations.
edit on 20-12-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
22
<< 3  4  5   >>

log in

join