It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I thought about 12/21/12 was wrong, and I'm worried.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm 30, I've known about that date for 11 years now.. Learned about it from Sitchin "The Lost Realms". Which, for the record he NEVER said "Nibiru will return 12/21/12", that's just garbage. Now for those of you that think Mayan prophecy is complete BS, its not.. and to illustrate my point I'll just refer you to this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So they got that right 21 years ago.. as for a doomsday scenario prophecy occurring on 12/21/12 though, there isn't one. That said, I have become pretty familiar with how the web bot works. When lots of people are thinking the same thing it seems to happen. Thanks to Hollywood, who doesn't know about December 21st anymore? Everyone knows about it and that's a little scary.

I always imagined WW3 or some extreme cataclysm would occur in the months leading up to the date and we would be lifting our heads from the rubble on the 21st. Granted, there is some serious turmoil in the Middle-East right now but there is not enough time left for that to escalate into something that would seriously impact the entire world. We NEED a world-wide catastrophe! We NEED to be put back in the stone age for awhile..

I always thought by 2013 we would finally be getting on the right track as a species..we wont. 12/21/12 will go by like any other day, just another Y2K. That idea rocks me to my core. ET will not save us, we cannot save ourselves. The old adage "Everything gets worse before it gets better", nonsense. That is not applicable to worldwide current events. Its just going to get worse and worse and worse.

As for you survivalists out there who know that the S(will)HTF soon.. building bunkers and stocking up on non-perishables. What's the point? You will not come out of that bunker in 20 years to find utopia. Since realizing my hope that the 21st would be significant in a good way was wrong, I have some very simple advice.

Stop fearing death. Embrace it, live every remaining day like that is the day you will be remembered by, as opposed to live everyday like its your last. Don't go blow your pension on lottery tickets... Just know your not going to make it. Once you KNOW that.... the few days/weeks/months (maybe years!?) you have left will be much more fulfilling..
edit on 24-11-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Ugh...

At this point, I'm am soooo willing to bet $ 500,000,000 that absolutely nothing will happen on the 21 and while sipping on my morning cup of joe on Dec 22rd, I will collect my bets and come to each and every thread posted on ATS and say.... Pay up

I truly believe you are psyching yourself out like Y2K etc... Sorry
edit on 24-11-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The survivors will envy the dead. In the meantime, isn't this great fun? Some say that those alive today, came specifically for the big show and there certainly is a suspense factor, as things heat up. Most have a fear of death and some even admit it openly. Religion has really done a job on us and people are scared to die. Sigh. Most of us have no idea where we came from, before we were born, yet we are sort of ok and will stay that way after we die. Personally, I find the coming of death exciting and it will be fine with me when it happens. The fact that life is a struggle, with many failings and some successes, is just the way of things. We can't get much experience, unless we are involved, take reasonable risks and evaluate what the lessens were that we grasped. Such is life. There is absolutely nothing to fear, not even fear. Fear will always be with us and it must be conquered, even though it cannot be eliminated. Any emotion that is controlled by intellect, can be a great asset. We will definitely crash and burn, if we are ruled by our emotions but our emotions are still part of us and we must be in charge so they help and not hinder. Now is the time to be calm and cool and collected because we're going through some tough times and others will need us and we must look after our self as well. There will be plenty of people losing their mental grip, so don't plan to be in their ranks.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
Ugh..

At this point, I'm am soooo willing to bet $ 500,000,000 that absolutely nothing will happen on the 21 and while sipping on my morning cup of joe on Dec 23rd, I will collect my bets and come to each and every thread posted on ATS and say.... Pay up

I truly believe you are psyching yourself out like Y2K etc... Sorry

Did you read my full post? I'm with you.. I was saying I always thought something would happen and now am realizing it won't. To me that is scarier, 12/21/12 will be just another day except the MSM will be calling everyone who thought the date had significance a bunch of tin foil hat wearing crazy people. I'm just saying I won't be one of the ones they're bashing. After 10+ years of thinking the date was significant I now realize that it is not.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

If I knew for a fact that date was the end date.
A bet would be well just down right stupid to make now wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Lol... I did read it... But I read it again and now realize what you were trying to saying. So sorry

Soooo.... How about you and I start making bets and gettin' rich quick by Dec 22nd?

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Whats so special about dec 21 2012?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman
[

Lol touchée
edit on 24-11-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
OK for the last time,,references to the mayan calendar conclude that the mayans thought this was the time and date of the return of their gods,,,OTHERS may have said it was the end of the world but the mayans never said that..NOT TO SAY the "GODS" may come here and be very destructive like we have in past history..we will know in 5 and a half weeks LOL

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

It is the end date of the most precisely accurate calendar system that predicted eclipses to the second,,for something created that long ago, its pretty impressive and maybe thats why its a big deal...........

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The other day I was watching The Freeman Perspective with Georgio Tsoukalos and he said it is strange. Not because he is a "famous" alternative theory investigator but because he travels the world a lot.

His observation is that americans (USA) are going crazy about that date compared to other citizens in the world. He mentions that the people in Europe are more down to Earth on the December 21st 2012 date.

For your conviniance I have here the interview which is btw fun and informative to watch (listen to) from the start to finish.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

i agree.

If a spiritual transformation is going to happen it should have started on 11-11-2012.

So far, absolutely nothing has happened.

Question to all mediums out there: Have you detected anything unusual recently in terms of spiritual energy ?

The elite are in total control of the peasants. They have no reason to crash the system and lose control of their (stolen) wealth.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

Originally posted by jazztrance
OK for the last time,,references to the mayan calendar conclude that the mayans thought this was the time and date of the return of their gods,,,OTHERS may have said it was the end of the world but the mayans never said that..NOT TO SAY the "GODS" may come here and be very destructive like we have in past history..we will know in 5 and a half weeks LOL

Now this is an interesting reply..

To my knowledge the codex prophesying a return only mentions 9 kings but is broken so it doesn't give any names or further details. I'm assuming you put "gods" in quotations because your talking about ET's but when you talk about the destruction they have caused in the passed you put "we". I hope thats a typo, lol.

Also its not 5 1/2 weeks away? Its less than 4 weeks away, 26 days to be exact.. until Y2K Beta.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The only thing I find vaguely disturbing is the date seems to have been arbitrarily chosen by someone.
I've never had a satisfactory answer as to whether or not the Gregorian Calendar shift has been taken into
consideration.

The date of the Earth's winter solstice being set for "new beginnings", yet also being some astronomical
cataclysym to the entire solar system itself seems far fetched and just a little pagan sun-worshipy foolishness.

That said, it is not outside the realm of possibilities for the head honcho pagan sun-worshipper (Luciferians),
to be plotting and scheming to try to fulfill this in some grand psy-op scheme.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Agreed, I wish Carlin were still around to witness the panic. He would have loved Superstorm Sandy..
edit on 25-11-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter
The only thing I find vaguely disturbing is the date seems to have been arbitrarily chosen by someone.
I've never had a satisfactory answer as to whether or not the Gregorian Calendar shift has been taken into
consideration.

The date of the Earth's winter solstice being set for "new beginnings", yet also being some astronomical
cataclysym to the entire solar system itself seems far fetched and just a little pagan sun-worshipy foolishness.

That said, it is not outside the realm of possibilities for the head honcho pagan sun-worshipper (Luciferians),
to be plotting and scheming to try to fulfill this in some grand psy-op scheme.

Well, there is a misconception about how they're Long Count worked. Have you ever seen that Facebook meme type thing that says the Mayans didn't account for leap years? Thats not true, they just added a day every 4 years like we do.

and yeah, it would be a great day for TPTB to launch some false-flag catastrophe.. they have always profited from war, distaster, epidemic's and basically anything that worries the general public a little.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Thanks for the link, I subscribed. Yeah, I think US citizens are just overly dramatic about everything. That said, the rest of the world is aware of the date and although they may not give it much creedence.. I imagine there still remains abit of uncertainty in the back of most peoples minds which.. is how the web bot works. So something may happen but I'm afraid its not going to be the end of the world, Jesus will not be returning nor will it finally be the dawning of Aquarius..

Edit: Forgot, I wanted to throw something in pertaining to how the rest of the world isn't taking this as serious. I live in Georgia in the US so of course I know about the Guidestones. What is wild to me is the Georgia Guidestones are better known world-wide than they are in the US. Even where I live people around here don't realize they even exist.. Americans is dumb mmmk, lol. (North Americans and I dont mean Canadians)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

For sure. Which is more what I would lean to if anything comes out of this.
No, not leap years being accounted for but the whole days and years missing in order to reconcile all the different calendars of the day to one unified use by the Roman Empire. The Gregorian Calendar which would not
be taking into account the Mayan Calendar so how are the two being reconciled to the same time frame of reference is what I don't know.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1/2 Nephilim
reply to post by zatara

Thanks for the link, I subscribed. Yeah, I think US citizens are just overly dramatic about everything. That said, the rest of the world is aware of the date and although they may not give it much creedence.. I imagine there still remains abit of uncertainty in the back of most peoples minds which.. is how the web bot works. So something may happen but I'm afraid its not going to be the end of the world, Jesus will not be returning nor will it finally be the dawning of Aquarius..

Edit: Forgot, I wanted to throw something in pertaining to how the rest of the world isn't taking this as serious. I live in Georgia in the US so of course I know about the Guidestones. What is wild to me is the Georgia Guidestones are better known world-wide than they are in the US. Even where I live people around here don't realize they even exist.. Americans is dumb mmmk, lol. (North Americans and I dont mean Canadians)

Well Shazzam, me too!
I'm also from Georgia.
I almost talked my ex beau into taking in the sights of the Guidestones. On a trip to Eatonton, I couldn't even get him to go see the Rock Eagle. We were only a few miles away.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

"...live every remaining day like that is the day you will be remembered by, as opposed to live everyday like its your last..."

This is one of the most poignant statements I have come across. Is it yours (originally)? There is a recent thread here on 'Quotable Quotes" and it belongs there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join