It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shelter Offers $5 Black Friday Deal on Cats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The other day i was just thinking about buying a cat, to bad these cats are to far away from me.

A western Massachusetts animal shelter is getting in on the Black Friday shopping frenzy. The Dakin Pioneer Valley Humane Society is charging just $5 on Friday to adopt a cat that's at least six months old. The normal adoption fee for a cat that age is $95.

source

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Too late. I already had turkey for Thanksgiving. Maybe next year.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
A lot of shelters have weekends where the pet fees are dropped or on sale when they have too many animals. Good for you for wanting to adopt. There are so many pets out there waiting for homes.
I always say keep in mind black cats and females are harder are harder for shelters to adopt

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ounc311

What a wonderful idea...a huge (black Friday) discount on adopting a cat; I hope that this sale is a big success!

I adopted my cat (Benjamin) from a cat shelter; he had been abandoned in the middle of winter in the snow; someone found him and turned him into the shelter; he had been at the shelter 3 weeks when I found him. It was love at first sight. He is a sweet, loving, precious creature. I've had him almost 3 years now.

I say adopt a cat; do it tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I think the news source needs to take that mean cat off and place an adorable kitten on there if they really want people to buy these cats. Looking at that picture, I'm afraid that cat will knock me out and take over the house. Sorry but this cat looks like he's "EVIL". Shave his head and he looks like Mr. T.

"I pity the fool who adopts me!"

edit on 22-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

He's gorgeous! Looks too smart though. Scary smart

He would beat up my dogs, I'm sure he would have them both cowering in a corner

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
I think the news source needs to take that mean cat off and place an adorable kitten on there if they really want people to buy these cats. Looking at that picture, I'm afraid that cat will knock me out and take over the house. Sorry but this cat looks like he's "EVIL". Shave his head and he looks like Mr. T.

"I pity the fool who adopts me!"

edit on 22-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

That's because someone said "bath time."
I love big fluffy cats but they are high maintenance and must be brushed often.

top topics

join