It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had an idea for a new type of movie goer experience - what you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
How about a movie theater that lets the majority of the audience seated pick which direction the movie goes in next at certain points by a left or right button?

I've had this idea for a long while but movie makers would have to make movies that would utilize this audience majority selection feature.

I'm thinking turn the movie goer experience into a mob rule democracy.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Just imagine the fights breaking out, soccer mums vs single mums. LOL

Would turn out more entertaining than the bloody movie.

P

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Choose your own adventure as a movie.
Interesting.

I could see where some people would see the movie again and again just to see the different endings, see if the main character lives or dies, or which two will get together in the end.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
How about a movie theater that lets the majority of the audience seated pick which direction the movie goes in next at certain points by a left or right button?

I've had this idea for a long while but movie makers would have to make movies that would utilize this audience majority selection feature.

I'm thinking turn the movie goer experience into a mob rule democracy.

Interesting. What I would like more is a button that, if ten people or more press it, that jabbering idiot talking incessantly gets a nasty jolt!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I used to love those Choose Your Own Adventure books. I haven't thought about those in years! Lol ahhh nostalgia

This is actually a good idea. I would probably be one of the goobers watching it over and over again to see the different endings

*Edit to add* Like Phoenix said ^ The fights in the theater would probably be overwelming. They might have to make this a dvd thing lol.
edit on 22-11-2012 by Ranthenae because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2012 by Ranthenae because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Interesting idea

The DVD of Final Destination 3 has something like that, you can choose heads or tails in a number of the scenes and they play out differently depending on your choice
In reality it's not as fun as it sounds, the different choices don't really effect the movie that much whichever way you go.

When you think about the logistics of having to film a movie 5-6 times over to account for all the choices people might make it sounds like it would get pretty expensive

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

A similar idea would be to sync the same movie with alternative scenes to 3d glasses. The movies will be 2d and you won't get to decide the course of the movie.
dvice.com...

I do like the idea and the reason I bring up the above technology is because I remember when the above technology was being prototyped and there was an independant movie made with 2 alternative endings to demo the idea and test it with an audience. I did a google search but could not find it.
Does anyone else remember this?

It would be a great to see your idea developed and tested on an audience. It's not technically challenging. (Not technically challenging if you know how to make a movie).

However it would increase the cost of movie production and the time taken to produce. Your idea would needed to be proven to be commercially viable.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Why not go with Heinleins feel-a-vision, smell-a-vision??? Imagine experiencing all the senses that the "actors" experience?

top topics

join