It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puerto Rico boxer Camacho is brain dead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Hi.

So this is very sad.....bigstory.ap.org...-context=article/us-troops-afghanistan-celebrate-thanksgivin g

The 50-year-old Camacho was shot as he and a friend sat in a Ford Mustang parked outside a bar Tuesday night. Police spokesman Alex Diaz has said officers found nine small bags of coc aine in the friend's pocket, and a 10th bag open inside the car.

Camacho was considered a volatile but popular and skilled boxer who battled drugs, alcohol and other problems. He had a career record of 79-6-3.

He was only 50 years old. What a waste of life.
I don't know if they caught the person who shot him but if not I hope they find the person.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Isnt this the ex-boxer who was an out of control loud-mouth, show-boating, egotistical, arrogant self-centered big mouth, big headed macho degenerate? The one who still couldnt behave right even after his boxing career and when he became older and should have matured a bit? Just wondering if I am thinking of the correct person here.

edit on 22-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I read that last night, shot in the face while sitting in his car. What a shame, I remember seeing him fight a couple of times (on TV) back in the 80's and 90's, he was damn good.

Originally posted by oper8zhin
Isnt this the ex-boxer who was an out of control loud-mouth, show-boating, egotistical, arrogant self-centered big mouth macho degenerate? The one who still couldnt behave right even after his boxing career? Just wondering.
edit on 22-11-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

It looks like youre the one with the problem, talking crap about someone like that over the internet.
Whos the loudmouth arrogant bastard now?
edit on 11/22/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

My husband told me about the story this morning, been Puerto Rican and on the same age of Camacho we used to watch his fights all the time and followed his career, the problem with many of this boxers are that they turn into drugs after their careers are over . In Camacho's case he had problems with alcohol also.

Sad but truth, PR is full of narcotraficantes, "drugs dealers" and the Island is just nothing but an open port for drug trafficing.

edit on 22-11-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Sad but truth, PR is full of narcotraficantes, "drugs dealers" and the Island is just nothing but an open port for drug trafficing.

Even so, I hope they find whoever shot him in the face. That's a horrible crime!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Is there some conspiracy angle to it or is it just a drug dealing thing shooting?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I believe one of the shooters as it was more than one was taken. let see what happen next, as PR police is as corrupted as they can come thanks to the drug problems in the Island and the ability of narcotraficantes to buy protection.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I grew up watching this man fight, he was a phenom. He could smother his opponent with punches, and run around the ring all day never tiring. He was spectacular. The only other Boxer of his era, and near weight class, who was better in my opinion, was Julio Cesar Chavez.

But thats like comparing 1st and 2nd place in a matter of a photo-finish like horse racing.

It's a shame it's a damn shame. People have issues, lets not tarnish this mans work in the ring over a tragedy, leave it in the ring His son is a fine boxer as well, not quite the man his dad is but quite good.

new topics

top topics

join