It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else think the Mayan calender looks like a stargate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
reply to post by LightAssassin

files.abovetopsecret.com...
What interests me a lot is that this image of the two beings facing each other is very similar to the two beings smirking at each other at the bottom of the calender in my post

Then there is this beautiful Mayan calendar.....yeah now I see it right there under july....oh no wait that is just a smudge...could be a star gate I suppose...nah

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

I recognise the chap in the center, its Teal'c

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
reply to post by FeelingPure

I mean the calender is counting down correct? What normally happens when the timer reaches zero in the movies either something blows up or something activates......

It means that this theory will be blown out of the water my freind..sorry

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Love the mayan culture and their artifacts. Sumerian artifacts are my favourite though. From looking at the arrows on the calender they make me think of pole shifts. They reminded me of my artwork symbols i used to communicate pole shifts. Doe's this calender artifact mention pole shifts at all? i need to research the mayans more now. i can see the stargate link though. always good to make links between things, keep thinking outside the box. 1,872,000 days, or 5,125.37 years, NOTHING will happen 21/12/2012 i believe. wheres my spade? gonna bury my canvases. HA

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zidanelittle

I don't know about pole shifts linked to the calender though it could be a possibility ,I was just looking at it and thought to myself hang on what about a stargate schematic/representation I mean everyone assumes its a calender because mainstream archeologists say so I just used my imagination and went well what if...

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ezappa

Yes it is indeed tealc of the jaffar rippin his way thru the very fabric of the cosmos coming through the stargate walking straight into a nest of about 10 general electric mini guns set up in a killing arc sorry for him heh heh

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That's part of the larger puzzle. In a way reality/the universe is like that. It never began and never will end.

I find it fascinating that the oroborus is similar to the mobius strip:

A Möbius strip made with a piece of paper and tape. If an ant were to crawl along the length of this strip, it would return to its starting point having traversed the entire length of the strip (on both sides of the original paper) without ever crossing an edge.

Wikipedia

And the mobius strip also resembles the symbol for infinity.

I think the observer creates the illusion of time, when in fact, there is only a singular moment from which everything is experienced and observed to infinity.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Good lord the mobius strip is mind blowing I have always heard it mentioned probably in a song title but I had no idea what it looked like until you told me wow... I gotta tell you when I stared at the calender with all the ornateness I got double vision of it and the two images overlapped and I swear I saw the two inner rings overlap and for the symbol for infinty but you can't hold the image for very long it keeps slipping away and then your eyes start to get irritated was quite wierd ,thanks for the info

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
have you considered the maker's of the movie stargate used the myan calender as an idea for their stargate?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Not a problem!

Life is a massive mystery, and I personally enjoy the never-ending game it provides. One of the best ways to triangulate and form your own idea of reality and the universe is to read and absorb as much knowledge as you can.

The more you learn, the more dots you can start connecting. One human lifetime isn't nearly enough time to even scratch the surface of what, "is really going on".

Simply knowing that I'll never have all the answers doesn't stop me from trying.

The universe is a clever and tricky animal. The "ultimate answer" always seems to lie just beneath the surface, nearly knowable even. It's a facinating never-ending puzzle game.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I did think of that and that would probably also explain why some of the characters Tealc to be precise looks like he was created with the Olmec head in mind so in the movie there was a lot of cross culture themes I suppose... There were egyptian headed gods who were the main baddies and then stuff taken from the americas ie stargate modelled after aztec/mayan calender ,I wonder if there were any hidden meanings in the movie?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Seriously? K...I am good with conspiracies, there are plenty.

This whole Mayan thing is the end of the Long Count....Um...like New Years, yes the "God's are going to come home"...it's a time for celebration within the culture, which is dead btw.. Like dropping the ball on New Years at Time Square. Also, the calendar is a wheel...with many more. Not one shred of writings by the Maya convey "IT IS THE END, THE WORLD ENDS ON THIS DAY".

Rather it is a unit of measure, like all calendars, not a crystal ball. How many predictions of the "world ending" in a date? How many? Seriously folks...there will be a 22nd of December, a 23rd...so on. What then? More excuses to put the date back? So sure now...not so sure then huh? What will you say on the 22nd of December when the world does not end? And I am sure it will not. Not based on the loose facts of a dead society that is 1% excavated at best.

I'll wait until January 1, 2013. And post a "see I told you so"....

MG

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by missed_gear

Um ok I do see your point HOWEVER my origional post was how I thought that the calender looked like a stargate there was no doom and gloom world ending stuff I am gonna wait and see what happens there ,in this post I was using my IMAGINATION to mull something over and get others thoughts about it nothing more mmmmk.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I agree with that and not knocking that...I was reading through the entire thread as well.

But to respond, to me a "Star-gate" is a Hollywood prop. Wheels are used in many, many cultures, for many things. In an odd way the Mayan calendar is a measure of solstices, seasons and eclipses etc. They stopped using the Long Count traditionally after the Spaniards. Almost 1000+ years ago.

Were they in touch with other 'beings', I would like to discover that. But any professor, mathematician will tell you the Mayan Calender is pure math. Just like a slide ruler....

I do like the OP, food for thought. But the thread I guess got off track at points...

Have a great day.

MG

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by missed_gear

Truth is we will probably never know how advanced they really were the spanish saw to that with the melting down of artefacts and burning of most of the sacred texts ,if only I had a time machine I would have shot Cortez and Pizarro the moment they set foot on the beach but there you go ,people can't run around changing history that opens up a whole bunch of consequences and thats for another thread entirely. Anyways have an awesome day further and keep discovering. Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join