It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else think the Mayan calender looks like a stargate?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
img175.imageshack.us...
I think maybe a little bit outside of the box ,that the mayan calender looks like a stargate from the movie stargate with the chevrons round the outside for dialling in to different destinations etc. The Mayan calender looks like a dialed in stargate with something quite beastly comin through from the otherside .... Better get those sentry guns up and running in the gate room asap.... Whatcha think?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I think it looks like a decorated circle.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I think it would be the other way around. A stargate looks like the Mayan calender. Since the calender existed a long time before the stargate was imagined.

And considering that the stargate is a fictional construction, I don't think this theory holds water.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
img175.imageshack.us...
I think maybe a little bit outside of the box ,that the mayan calender looks like a stargate from the movie stargate with the chevrons round the outside for dialling in to different destinations etc. The Mayan calender looks like a dialed in stargate with something quite beastly comin through from the otherside .... Better get those sentry guns up and running in the gate room asap.... Whatcha think?

I think you quite possibly could be on to something here!.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
The notch looking pieces at the 12, 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10 position make it look like it could be "stargate-dial points" if I try to find a similarity to a stargate. Ive never really looked at this artifact but now that I've spent a minute..I see a big ass clock, a sundial of sorts.
edit on 22-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
I think it looks like a decorated circle.

One of the most ignorant things I have read here in a very long time... People like you reply not to contribute but to start trash in your own simple little world.

Gs

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I mean the calender is counting down correct? What normally happens when the timer reaches zero in the movies either something blows up or something activates......

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

I am guessing that is what the writers of the science fiction movie were going for. Make the fictional object look like something that exists in reality.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
reply to post by FeelingPure

I mean the calender is counting down correct? What normally happens when the timer reaches zero in the movies either something blows up or something activates......

Activates! Maybe it's the key to open a portal but we just have to know where to put it? :0
Ok goodnight lol

edit on 22-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MrCipher

Yes very true. I have always thought that the mayan calender always looked way too ornate for its own good.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Wasn't there also a massive golden "disk of the sun" that was the indians most sacred relic that they hid from the spanish and it has never been found? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't know.

I've never seen a real stargate.

Show me a picture, so I can compare.

Cheers,

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Uuuuum neither have I but rest assured when I do have a happy snap of the sucker I will definitely post it here otherwise I will just have to keep posting on ats skunkworks

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by cookiemonster32

What do I think?

I know that the calendar is indeed hundreds of years older than a sci fi movie.

Maybe, just maybe, the filmmaker decided to base the stargate off the calendar.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The other thing about the picture of the calender is that I was staring at it like one of those 3d pictures and I keep getting wierd images like my eyes don't know what it wants to be I often wonder if there is a hidden meaning in all the intricate detail oh well I suppose the worst that can happen is I go squint but I find looking at it and unfocusing my eyes makes it go quite funky indeed....

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I see it more as a timetable for the arrival of the devil.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Well to look at the thing in the centre of the calender I would run a mile if I met it in a dark alley

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

That's an Aztec calendar, not Mayan.

The Mayan calendar has little resemblance:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Looks like Atlas. Do you know what the glyph means?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

The glyphs are months, of 20 days each. From the top, going clockwise: Pop, Wo, Zip, Zotz, Zek, Xul, Yaxkin, Mol, Chen, Yax, Zak, Keh, Mak, Kankin, Muan, Pax, Kayab, and Kumku.
They had 6 other glyphs (Kin, Uinal, Tun, Katun, Baktun, and Piktun) according to increasing numbers of days.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join