It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else think the Mayan calender looks like a stargate?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I'm referring to the glyph on the central character's back.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

If it is then my apologies but google kicks up both of these when I did a search and I picked the clearest photo there was and the caption was mayan calender so they better get the story right cause it is confusing ,anyway mayan/aztec still looks like a stargate to me.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

People seem to have picked up the Aztec calendar because it's more visual, and applied it to the "Mayan Doomsday." The two calendars are functionally quite similar (and both are similar to our own Gregorian calendar), but they look quite different, obviously.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

That's an Aztec calendar, not Mayan.

The Mayan calendar has little resemblance:

CLPrime ...Really ?

Me'thinks you are being a little pedantic

OP ... I think both the Mayan and the Aztec calendar's have the look of a 'stargate' to them ... good for you for thinking outside the box ... it get's far to claustrophobic in there for me

Woody

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I have to admit the aztec calender does tend to draw the eye more readily than the mayan one ,it is definitely a whole lot more crowded ,so what is your take on the calender doomsday/end of a cycle/aztec stargate schematics?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Aaaaaw thanks Woody support is always appreciated

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

The man kneeling seems to represent a scribe (there's a similar Mayan painting that was recently found in Guatemala). The glyph on his back is Ahau, a sun god.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Since the thread is about the Mayan calendar looking like a stargate, no, I wouldn't think I'm being pedantic. The Mayan calendar doesn't look at all like a stargate. The discussion could always be on why the Aztec calendar looks like a stargate.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I expect December 21 to come and go uneventfully, but I'm definitely having fun with it. At the very least, I plan on having a Mayan Doomsday party (probably by myself) on the 20th... to bring in the 14th baktun in style.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Whoops looks like I am stuck with the thread title I did want to put a /aztec after the mayan in the title but I have exceeded my 4hrs in which to edit it so looks like I am stuck with it so from here on in we are discussing how the Aztec calender looks like a stargate or how the stargate looks like the aztec calender...... There everyone happy? Just checking...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Imagine just for a minute here that the ziggurats in the new world were generators to power stargates the jungles over there are so thick things could lie hidden for centuries before they are found,that might explain why the spaniards found the bigger cities strangely deserted and they had been for a while, with no sign of the populace maybe they all disappeared through a stargate and the last person through turned off all the lights food for thought.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It looks like a combination of things...

A Mechanism in which a "Being" "navigates" through frequencies/dimensions/space. Look at the "Being" in the middle with it's tongue sticking out. It looks as if the "Being" is on the other side with it's face looking through the "porthole" and navigating the "mechanism" like motorcycle handles. See the being holding/controlling/navigating with two hands on the "throttle and brake"?

It's almost like a dimensional craft of some sort...all the symbols are like navigation symbols "decorated" with it's own flare/cultural design. Each symbol represents a different function?

Just a thought.

Big Jedi

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
the guy is sticking out his tongue in the middle of the calender.

i bet the mayan 2012 theory is one big april fools joke on everybody.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It genuinely looks like one kick ass calender to me...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I think it looks like a really complicated dart board lol

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Speaking of Stargate, I've got the last 10 episodes of Universe Season 2 to finish watching!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
img175.imageshack.us...
I think maybe a little bit outside of the box ,that the mayan calender looks like a stargate from the movie stargate with the chevrons round the outside for dialling in to different destinations etc. The Mayan calender looks like a dialed in stargate with something quite beastly comin through from the otherside .... Better get those sentry guns up and running in the gate room asap.... Whatcha think?

I've never seen a Stargate so unfortunately I cannot really contribute to this thread. I'll give you a shout when I see one though.

And on another note, the movie 'Stargate' was a movie, not a documentary.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

At least someone is enjoying the holiday.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It looks like the Sun to me. Stars are massive and so are there gravity wells i think if we ever manage to employ einstein rosen bridges for travel purposes gravity wells will be rather significant.
edit on 22-11-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join