It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists 'Undiscover' Pacific Island

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

what? island go missing? cos why???

not sure why, but U balways talk BS

edit on 21-11-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2012 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Somewhere in CA and old woman is tinkering with a giant map and pendulum...CRACKING UP.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

Obviously, it is the Mysterious Island that Jules Verne wrote about.
It will reappear again some time in the future.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well if Google Earth has it as a black blob since 2000 then we need to think of why this particular spot is a black blob. Someone had to tell google to blob it out.

So, a disappearing island! This can mean only one thing. Someone has put a very good stealth shield over the island. The question is who done it!

Aliens perhaps!

The US Government. This is where they shifted all the cool stuff from area 51 then they cloaked it.

Dr Mabus, destroyer of the world, has his secret cloaked base right there.

Or it could be a map error, deliberate or otherwise.

HEY, LET'S GO WITH THE ALIENS!

P

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

Obviously, it is the Mysterious Island that Jules Verne wrote about.
It will reappear again some time in the future.

Yea man, and the Nautilus is docked in the lagoon. Great find!

P

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Google maps? are ya sure it wasnt Apple maps?

These are the kinds of events that a good novel is started in a writers blocked mind...

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Lol wow. How large was this Island supposed to be and when was it last documented as existing, lol? (if the Island was very small-) Perhaps rising sea levels took it over, or a large earthquake occurred, causing a giant landslide of sorts? I have no idea how likely any of the above is to have happened here though..

I wonder if other places were 'checked up on' to actually be in existence (lol) if the same case would occur from time to time..?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Depending on the geology, something like vulcanism or shearing of a rock face could make an island disappear. No other fancy or far-out explanations needed. If the island is one that's uninhabited and far away from everything else, it could be years before anyone noticed what happened. If this is the case, there should still be some evidence of it's former existance some distance below the surface - provided the island actually was there and not some invalid entry by a map-maker for whatever reason.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Something has to be going on here ,I mean is there any simple explanation for this ???? I dont think so ..I WANT ANSWERS

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Well this is interesting .. I will refrain from the obvious Lost reference here thou

The best idea would be to make a diving expedition and check if there is anything visible under sea . I mean if the island got submerged due to geological process it will have left evidence since it really takes some time for a island to get dragged under the sea , even with the most violent geological activity in the area (from what I know of course).

I wonder when was the last time somebody actually saw the island

On another note , it can always be the secret NWO base that we have been locking for , for all those years

edit on 22/11/12 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I like some of the explanations on here but whether it existed/exists or not, why the blackout on google?

That just makes it really odd.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
That is very odd!
Kinda makes sense its blocked on Google earth then?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Anyone see "Lost" ?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Where do you think all that sand came from, that the government shipped in to re-fill sections of coast lost to erosion...

2nd
edit on 11/22/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Even islands are jumping ship the closer dec 21 draws near

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
My guess is that it was a very low lying sand island (like a few in the Phillipines) and time, Tsunamis an other activity has washed it away over the years since it was first charted? Considering the accuracy of early explorers, I doubt they would make a mistake. Just consider Cooks' accuracy of charts.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Why the blanking out ?
Don't know? but I am trying to find any reference to this place.
thought about National Geospatial for finding map references. Like the depths / channels etc ... am I along the right path here ?
msi.nga.mil...

or even finding a downloadable chart somewhere like this region
www.cairnscharts.com.au...

or the NOAA ? (are they just for the US?)

cheers

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Heard an interview on the radio today with one of the scientists on that expedition boat.
Two new bits of info for the discussion...
1. No chance that the island recently vanished. The geology is such that if it ever existed, it would have been tens of millions of years ago. (But most likely never)
2. Not all maps have the island charted. The captains marine navigation map did NOT have it listed.

The assuption so far has been that its just "bad data" from the distant past that has been copied forward *some* more recent maps.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Inb4Atlantis

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Jurassic Park?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join