It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit of the Radio: Broadcasts from the Unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This article on the wave of mysterious transmissions that took place in the 1970s is pretty interesting, but no sources for their claims. I think these stories are nothing but just stories, but I would love to get people opinions or even better some sources that would back it up.

Spirit of the Radio: Broadcasts from the Unknown

[Prologue: A few nights ago I heard Clyde Lewis of the Ground Zero radio program playing some fascinating clips of "paranormal radio broadcasts" received in the UK during the 70s and in Florida, possibly around the same time. YouTube has given us a number of purported alien radio transmissions as well. This brought to mind an article I wrote in 2003 bearing the title "Spirit of the Radio", which also approached this intriguing phenomenon. Given the electromagnetic nature of the medium, one can easily imagine ultraterrestrial creatures availing themselves of it to mystify human audiences. The technology with which such transmissions could be made in the 1970s was non-existent (or perhaps available only to the military) and we wonder to this day who or what may have been behind it all...]

I tried to find something to back up the information in the article, but so far all I found is this , and to me it looks like a prank call.

On 8th January, 1971, Greater London Radio featured a phone-in on the subject of UFOs. At 9.10pm, a caller announced in a cold, metallic voice that he was speaking from outer space. A guest of the phone-in was the late ufologist and theosophist, Rex Dutta, who compiled the transcript given below.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Relevant -

Also relevant -

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Like you, I find it hard to put much stock in any of the "mysterious transmissions" that I've heard replayed over the years. I do, however, think this quote from your link is extremely interesting:

Given the electromagnetic nature of the medium, one can easily imagine ultraterrestrial creatures availing themselves of it to mystify human audiences.

I've come to strongly suspect that the answers to our UFO and paranormal enigmas lie in electromagnetics.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

First video I think some genius figured out how to cut into a radio transmission.

Am I missing something? How is the second video relevant?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I would believe that first video was the real deal if it didn't remind me of an old tv show from way back.
All I can remember of it is "This is the voice of the Mysteron" I'm sure somebody will remember that.
If there are any real broadcasts TPTB won't let us know.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Have you all ever heard of Instrumental Trans Communication, or EVP as many call it. Try it out, except don't ask for spirit to communicate ask for aliens.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Rex Dutta was a friend of mine and I have actually heard a cassette tape of the 71 broadcast. One of the LBC engineers managed to sneak one out to Rex after there was the usual, nothing to see here, lock down in the wake of the event.

I spoke to the engineer, my apologies I don't remember the guys name save, he had a shock of quite long curly hair and a wispy beard. He did give some extra details that are generally not known to the public. During the "broadcast" the DJ interviewing Rex tried to cut the "guy" off and simply couldn't, every phone line into LBC and the studio had the guy's voice on it and only returned to normal, post the guy's message being completed.

That is, Rex told me the DJ actually cut the guy's line off during the "message" and tried to answer other callers and was thwarted and that, the message, was at, no time, interrupted as it went out over the airwaves. That would suggest that, if it was a prank, then the prank emanated from within LBC itself. The engineer flatly denied that anyone within LBC had been responsible for it and that, the rest of the engineering staff were as mystified as he was, about how it was done.

Now, that of course doesn't mean it wasn't merely a prank however, if it was one, then it was a lot more sophisticated a prank than LBC let on in public. I believe the interviewer was Brain Hayes, who was one tough cookie on the radio phone ins. He had that mix of polite charm and steely wit that shredded those who dare cross him and he did not suffer fools gladly. The "broadcast" cheesed him off considerably as he assumed he was being pranked by his own engineers. The engineer from LBC as I have said, denied it altogether, saying the staff were powerless to stop the "voice". One thing stood out to me, given my own work, that was I thought the "voice" sounded like it had been treated with a "Harmoniser" the weird thing is, they didn't exist at the time the broadcast was made. The particular "effect" on the voice would have, in 1971, required some pretty serious equipment to have produced it. That does raise the spectre that it might have been the BBC radiophonic workshop pranking a "rival station". That is perfectly possible however, given the time passed, it does beg the question why on-one has ever owned up in public to say it was them that did it.

The again, the "effect" could have been just one of those "happy accidents" and a combination of processes inherent to the very staging of a prank. I simply can't say for sure and though a prank, does seem the most sensible and logical explanation, there is some genuine doubt as to how, who and more importantly, specifically why?

Rex was a fascinating character, effortlessly urbane and a very "calming presence". He use to run and Aquatic Shop on Blandford Street in the West End of London and his expertise with fish was second to none. If I remember rightly, he developed a treatment for "sick" fish that involved the use of low level electrical charges that was, at the time, viewed as something of a break through.

It also begs the question, given Rex knew the exact details of the show he was to appear on, did Rex organise it as a jape himself? It's certainly possible and yet, knowing him as I did, he wasn't really that sort of person. I can;t honestly say he had a vindictive side to him and for that matter, as urbane and relaxed as he was as a person, he did take the subject of UFOs seriously. The Rex I knew was every bit the gentleman and I personally, doubt he'd have hoaxed it without making it patently obvious in the aftermath and that it was done with a gentle humour in mind, not with malice.

I am afraid that, I cannot substantiate via documentary evidence, any of what I have posted as Rex was a personal friend and I guess, it's only in retrospect one realises how much someone took you into their "inner circle" and felt able to speak freely and at length about such subjects. Rex was the mature English gent to my 18 year old wildness and yet, he felt comfortable enough with me to take me into his confidence.

I can only wonder how many others have ever heard that tape, post the broadcast and how many have ever actually met and spoken to, his friend the engineer from LBC.

So there you have it, what might be a pretty unique insight into what happened that night direct as it were, related by 2 of the actual participants to me personally. I am happy to stand corrected on this point however, I do believe I might well be one of only a very select few to actually speak to both Rex any one the engineers on duty during the broadcast, without them being bound by company rules and under the auspices and aegis of the "company line" on what occurred that night.
edit on 21-11-2012 by FireMoon because: edit to correct name.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There's a link here to something I wrote about the 1977 incident as I was, along with Rex Dutta, involved in an investigation into it in its' aftermath.

The 1977 broadcast

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Thanks for posting the video. Very curious indeed. The pulsing sounds in the beginning and at the end, especially as it got higher and faster, is also very curious.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Here's the ashtar vid with video.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

Captain Scarlet
www.youtube.com...
go to about one minute in
edit on 22-11-2012 by gillyp17 because: removing bad link

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Relevant -

Also relevant -

Love how the Alien has a British accent lol

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gillyp17

I knew somebody would remember it but it was a long time ago. It is a lot like that broadcast, I wonder how many people freaked out at the time thinking it was real. I wish I'd seen it live at the time but I wasn't watching TV in the 70s.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by youwillneverknow

Love how the Alien has a British accent lol

or maybe the aliens taught the Brits the accent

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
cool. Not too sure what to think but aliens communicating (or trying to) via radiowaves, sound waves is very possible. Very possible. I say this because i believe i once had something trying to talk to us (me and two mates were with me) it was a self recorded queen casette tape. No it wasnt freddie mercury talking from the other side. This happened when I was a teenager. Strangest day of my life. We still mention that day over a pint sometimes. My 1st post will be going into alot more detail on the story and others that may be connected.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Rex Dutta was a friend of mine and I have actually heard a cassette tape of the 71 broadcast. One of the LBC engineers managed to sneak one out to Rex after there was the usual, nothing to see here, lock down in the wake of the event.

I spoke to the engineer, my apologies I don't remember the guys name save, he had a shock of quite long curly hair and a wispy beard. He did give some extra details that are generally not known to the public. During the "broadcast" the DJ interviewing Rex tried to cut the "guy" off and simply couldn't, every phone line into LBC and the studio had the guy's voice on it and only returned to normal, post the guy's message being completed.

That is, Rex told me the DJ actually cut the guy's line off during the "message" and tried to answer other callers and was thwarted and that, the message, was at, no time, interrupted as it went out over the airwaves. That would suggest that, if it was a prank, then the prank emanated from within LBC itself. The engineer flatly denied that anyone within LBC had been responsible for it and that, the rest of the engineering staff were as mystified as he was, about how it was done.

Now, that of course doesn't mean it wasn't merely a prank however, if it was one, then it was a lot more sophisticated a prank than LBC let on in public. I believe the interviewer was Brain Hayes, who was one tough cookie on the radio phone ins. He had that mix of polite charm and steely wit that shredded those who dare cross him and he did not suffer fools gladly. The "broadcast" cheesed him off considerably as he assumed he was being pranked by his own engineers. The engineer from LBC as I have said, denied it altogether, saying the staff were powerless to stop the "voice". One thing stood out to me, given my own work, that was I thought the "voice" sounded like it had been treated with a "Harmoniser" the weird thing is, they didn't exist at the time the broadcast was made. The particular "effect" on the voice would have, in 1971, required some pretty serious equipment to have produced it. That does raise the spectre that it might have been the BBC radiophonic workshop pranking a "rival station". That is perfectly possible however, given the time passed, it does beg the question why on-one has ever owned up in public to say it was them that did it.

The again, the "effect" could have been just one of those "happy accidents" and a combination of processes inherent to the very staging of a prank. I simply can't say for sure and though a prank, does seem the most sensible and logical explanation, there is some genuine doubt as to how, who and more importantly, specifically why?

Rex was a fascinating character, effortlessly urbane and a very "calming presence". He use to run and Aquatic Shop on Blandford Street in the West End of London and his expertise with fish was second to none. If I remember rightly, he developed a treatment for "sick" fish that involved the use of low level electrical charges that was, at the time, viewed as something of a break through.

It also begs the question, given Rex knew the exact details of the show he was to appear on, did Rex organise it as a jape himself? It's certainly possible and yet, knowing him as I did, he wasn't really that sort of person. I can;t honestly say he had a vindictive side to him and for that matter, as urbane and relaxed as he was as a person, he did take the subject of UFOs seriously. The Rex I knew was every bit the gentleman and I personally, doubt he'd have hoaxed it without making it patently obvious in the aftermath and that it was done with a gentle humour in mind, not with malice.

I am afraid that, I cannot substantiate via documentary evidence, any of what I have posted as Rex was a personal friend and I guess, it's only in retrospect one realises how much someone took you into their "inner circle" and felt able to speak freely and at length about such subjects. Rex was the mature English gent to my 18 year old wildness and yet, he felt comfortable enough with me to take me into his confidence.

I can only wonder how many others have ever heard that tape, post the broadcast and how many have ever actually met and spoken to, his friend the engineer from LBC.

So there you have it, what might be a pretty unique insight into what happened that night direct as it were, related by 2 of the actual participants to me personally. I am happy to stand corrected on this point however, I do believe I might well be one of only a very select few to actually speak to both Rex any one the engineers on duty during the broadcast, without them being bound by company rules and under the auspices and aegis of the "company line" on what occurred that night.
edit on 21-11-2012 by FireMoon because: edit to correct name.

Thanks for this account it is very interesting. Great music BTW

new topics

top topics

join