It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else ever get the feeling....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't say this current illusion is "hell".

I would like to take a different turn and ask you what your "understanding" of this 'hell' is?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

The answer is simple….you don’t know real suffering!

You don't even know what experiences I have been through..you are just assuming that I have not felt suffering.
I don't need to prove it to you...but TRUST...I have been through some real hardcore mental torture and anguish

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreeneLight
I wouldn't say this current illusion is "hell".

I would like to take a different turn and ask you what your "understanding" of this 'hell' is?

We are given the power of infinite thought/imagination...the very nature of our human condition is to wonder...curiosity...greed...lust...these do not have to be negative things..but when we have the whole universe and beyond sitting right outside of our "prisoncell" of a body...you feel so small..and powerless...almost like everything divine and great we once were has been stripped away from us...
And where we are left until we are "ready" is here in Life...or Hell whatever

not that lake of sulfur and brimstone Hell....just the lifetime of torture/chaos/pain hell.
if we reincarnated into Life again..forever....tell me..would we not be in Hell already?
sure looks like it to me...
*sigh* just gotta wait to reach that other side I suppose

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
theres still too much beauty and love in this world for it to be hell.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
theres still too much beauty and love in this world for it to be hell.

yes I have seen it and felt it too..makes me question some of my thoughts
but then I think to myself...
maybe the beauty we see are just "glimpses" of the outside
much how a prisoner looks out at the world through the steel bars..
edit on 26-11-2012 by ArtOfTrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

We are given the power of infinite thought/imagination...the very nature of our human condition is to wonder...curiosity...greed...lust...these do not have to be negative things..but when we have the whole universe and beyond sitting right outside of our "prisoncell" of a body...you feel so small..and powerless...almost like everything divine and great we once were has been stripped away from us...
And where we are left until we are "ready" is here in Life...or Hell whatever

To my understanding..

This is the point, my friend. The Original Wound, is what you speak of.

These things; curiosity, greed, lust..are all tools for you to use to heal that Original Wound.

You are somewhat correct in describing this 'prison cell'. The only way for 'you' to be "ready" is through you, my friend. These choices are laid before you to give you the Free Will to choose how you learn. It is not expected of you too always choose the 'right' or 'correct' thing to do..it is expected of you to have to think, analyze, and make a decision. Only through these decisions can you become "ready"..as you say.

if we reincarnated into Life again..forever....tell me..would we not be in Hell already?
sure looks like it to me...

If that is your understanding of it, my friend..than I am proud of the fact that you have come to 'your own' understanding..

To my understanding...

'We'..or 'Me' or 'You'..create this 'hell'. If we do not learn from our choices in life, than what is the point of it all? If you do not learn, then you are putting yourself right back into the cycle without even knowing it...for as long as it takes for you to learn.

Seek knowledge, my friend. Never stop asking questions, never stop learning. Ignorance rids oppurtunity.

Namaste.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GreeneLight

Thanks for the reply Greenelight

Trust,I am well aware of the role emotions play or possibly play in Life and "Reality",I have seen or more felt the Other side and traversed through the Void.

Your knowledge on this subject is similiar to mine.You have not told me anything I have not already heard or experienced before,if anything it makes me proud to see more people catching on to the "bigger picture"

But despite beliefs,thoughts,or experiences what I really feel is....who knows,nobody knows.
I like to think that Life is only a way to make up for past karmas,its the only idea to me at least,that makes sense..it would explain so much,we have free will,but through Life/reincarnation perhaps Life teaches us why and how to do the "right" thing.Anyways I'm gonna stop before I start ranting off-topic

anyways I just started this "Hell thread" to get insight into the idea through other peoples feelings and thoughts.
again thanks for contributing yours

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I think you create that reality if you want to. I'm living in heaven while everyone else seems to dwell in hell.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

mmm ya I like to think that to,but sometimes I also think that some circumstances Life presents to us are a form of atoning for past karmas.Some forces we are just helpless against,some situations can not be helped.Me,personally I like to think I stand on the neutral ground,I have a little bit of Heaven and Hell involved in my Life.

But when it comes to "Reality" I feel we are only living to atone...when it comes time to die,if my feelings towards Life are not wanting to return and go Beyond it will let me leave it all behind...but when it comes die and I think of my Life as having been Heaven,as having loved Life so much..when it comes time to die and leave you will not want to leave and return to the cycle,willingly,out of fear of losing the Love and things we have spent our whole lives building up to.Love will keep us bound...kinda like a double-edge sword...oooooh there I go ranting again lol i gotta stop that

anyways thanks for your thoughts
appreciate it

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GD21D
It definitely would explain a lot. Like.........Mass murder GenocideStarvationBigotrySlaveryNuclear warheadsCapitalismGlobal warmingRush LimbaughAmerican pop musicI could go on and on.

dont forget the sins of the flesh

i honestly think that they are just a state of mind
heaven and hell that is
edit on 27/11/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Yes but for all we know,Reality is just a state of mind..
*sigh* no one knows,we all just got a feeling

thanks for your input Mary

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I think you create that reality if you want to. I'm living in heaven while everyone else seems to dwell in hell.

I try to keep one foot in and one foot out so to speak, that way things don't get to boring at either end of the spectrum.

Perhaps that is the beauty of this planet, choice.

Like the OP said above, we may never know the truth.

We can however define our own definition for "hell" and not rely on an outdated archaist interpretation. Perhaps one spirits hell, is another spirits heaven.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

We can however define our own definition for "hell" and not rely on an outdated archaist interpretation. Perhaps one spirits hell, is another spirits heaven.

To my understanding, this would be the way to look at it. To say One's hell is another's heavan, would imply that they are essentially in the same place, just One's view of it is distorted based on there life experiences. I assume that is what you are getting at here.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

You're not the only one at all, I always say "living is naturally hell cause you have to work to put a smile on" and if you really think about that it has a lot of meaning. What do most people beleive is the main thing they need to be happy? Thats money, they think of you dont have money then you cant have anything therefore you arent happy. Money is only an illusion though, its there to keep you trapped in the system and it brings a range of different emotions. We are raised an taught throughout life that if you dont have money or a job youll be a bum and wont live a happy life, so we go to school all our life paying the government to teach us bull# in school, just to go to an even more expensive shcool, in college, then we work the rest of our lifes only to pay to be able to even live and support your self, as well as paying off your debts and taxes to the government. To me that sounds like were all slaves but were conned into being slaves, if thats not hell than you tell me what is? Those of us who choose to live around it will find their way out.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Life itself is a force.You cannot deny or go against it,well you can,but typically people don't choose to die.So do we really get a choice in Life?Who knows if we chose to live life,we just appeared here and now are being forced to participate in the positive,negative and neutral.We don't have the choice to not choose it simply is the nature of the Lifeforce.
Now when it comes to the emotions in Life,I feel they play a big key role in why we are alive,don't know for certain,but just keep an open mind towards this thought....
Happiness,I believe is probably the most tricky emotion we have.We will blindly seek it,do anything for it.But to me,Happiness is a form of ignorance.If your Happy you are oblivious to the negative,which is not really that negative of a thing.But when we are Sad,we seek change,we WANT to stride forward and improve ourselves so we do not have to succumb to it again.Whenever we feel sad,someone or something usually intervenes to make us happy again,or at least not sad anymore.
Now here is where I believe these take effect..
When it comes time for our passing,we will still have our ideals/feelings with us.If you are living a Life to seek Love/Happiness or positivity as a whole then when it comes time to leave...you WON'T want to.Why would you?You spent all the years of your life building up everything you like and love.So willingly most people would choose to stay here and stay in the cycle of Life,out of the fear of losing everything they love,that makes them feel good.Its a double-edge sword so to speak,at least in my opinion.But when it comes to sadness,when it comes to our passing we will WANT to leave,do anything to not have to go through that again.
I feel we need a balance of the positive and the negative to escape Life.If we have a deep understanding of both sides we will then perhaps have a understanding of Life in Death.

How this all ties in with "hell" is if Life is a "hell" we are willingly choosing to not leave it!
We are possibly tricked into accepting another cycle of fighting to survive,fears,pains,etc.

Now I don't fully believe this theory of mine,but I do hold it in high regards among the other theories I have come up with.My NDE gave me some of this perception,so that is why I chose to question Life,that everyone for some reason defends and cherishes so much....it came off as a bit odd to me after that event..

If you read all that thanks for the time

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Life itself is a force.You cannot deny or go against it,well you can,but typically people don't choose to die .So do we really get a choice in Life? Who knows if we chose to live life,we just appeared here and now are being forced to participate in the positive,negative and neutral. We don't have the choice to not choose it simply is the nature of the Lifeforce.

To my understanding..

'We' are not forced to participate in the " +/-/O " by some other force, for that 'other' does not exist. That force is One, it lies within 'you', 'me', 'I', 'we'..etc.etc - or..essentially, this 'force' 'IS' those things. Id rather let you decipher this according to how you would understand it.

Now when it comes to the emotions in Life,I feel they play a big key role in why we are alive,don't know for certain,but just keep an open mind towards this thought....

If I may create a thought in your mind.. what is 'your' understanding/ 'definition' - if that's what you would call it - of 'emotion', and then ask that same question but with application to your experiences.

Happiness,I believe is probably the most tricky emotion we have.We will blindly seek it,do anything for it.But to me,Happiness is a form of ignorance. If your Happy you are oblivious to the negative,which is not really that negative of a thing.

Ignorance rids opportunity. One can only be 'happy' if there was opportunity to for something. When 'you' rid existence of opportunity, and are not absolved of ignorance, there is no opportunity for change.

When a conciouss 'object' /'being' is forcing itself not to change, the only outcome is chaos - or confusion, if that is what you will call it. Confusion, in chaos - 'forces' you to not make a choice, because 'you' are confused. When 'you' are forced into something, it goes against your free will, you may accept this decision..but you did not choose it..it is not something you have 'sought'..I hope you still follow my annotations.

But when we are Sad,we seek change,we WANT to stride forward and improve ourselves so we do not have to succumb to it again.Whenever we feel sad,someone or something usually intervenes to make us happy again,or at least not sad anymore.

If 'you' take what I said in the last message, and apply it to this, how do they relate? What 'emotion' would mass confusion create? Confusion over what 'decision' to make in a certain situation. But, my friend, do the decisions we make in 'life' not make you 'you'?

Now here is where I believe these take effect..
When it comes time for our passing,we will still have our ideals/feelings with us.If you are living a Life to seek Love/Happiness or positivity as a whole then when it comes time to leave...you WON'T want to.Why would you?You spent all the years of your life building up everything you like and love.So willingly most people would choose to stay here and stay in the cycle of Life,out of the fear of losing everything they love,that makes them feel good.Its a double-edge sword so to speak,at least in my opinion.

Some things to think about and analyze..

Do 'you' think that 'you' would want to return if you have 100% learned the true 'meaning/application/definition/point' of Love?

If I may call this 'your' "theory", would your theory imply that sufficent knowledge of Love had been learned upon 'passing'?

What is your understanding of the moment after you 'pass'? What becomes of this life-long journey to seek knowledge, my friend.

But when it comes to sadness,when it comes to our passing we will WANT to leave,do anything to not have to go through that again.
I feel we need a balance of the positive and the negative to escape Life.If we have a deep understanding of both sides we will then perhaps have a understanding of Life in Death.

Namaste.

How this all ties in with "hell" is if Life is a "hell" we are willingly choosing to not leave it!
We are possibly tricked into accepting another cycle of fighting to survive,fears,pains,etc.

A thought..

Are 'you'/'we'/'us' willingly choosing against our will? Or willingly being aware of willingly choosing?

edit on 27-11-2012 by GreeneLight because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2012 by GreeneLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Thank you for your time as well! I really understand your theory too, an it makes sense to mine also. Im a big beleiver on emitions and feelings and energy and all that and your right they do play a huge roll in who we are and why we are here. But alot of those emotions and feelings are't natural they are forced upon or man made you could say, hence the life force you talked about. But another big part in our lifes is influences and your surroundings. Who and what you choose to be around and what you live by, majorlly effects your life and the type of person you are, if you grow up in a bad neighborhood and hang around people that are so called bad, chances are you will follow in their footsteps, say you grow up religously and very close with your family chances are you will do the same in the future. What im getting at is, yeah we all choose to stay here on this planet ,or hell lol, but if you wake up to reality and take a step back and realize the manipulation, brainwashing, and deceiving life that most people live, you will, like us choose to question things more, have more of an open mind, you will start to feel, let alone know the truth to your life and why you are here, and from there you choose to do something about it and chamge your life, or continue to be the person that the governmet has created. Have you choose to be enlightened and change your life there are many ways to live around this hellful illusion, yeah we are still in it and around it but that doesnt mean you have to be apart of it or live by it. The more you know and find out about yourself and who you really are an your own purposeful reason of being brought into this world, then it is alot easier to live around the bull#

I hope that made sense, at least i think it does. I really appriciate sharing thoughts with others like this, it always helps me realize and learn more, thank you!
Peace & love

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GreeneLight

From what I have observed we are forced to make a choice.You do either one,or the other,you can not choose to not choose,because eventually after the choice wasn't made our environment/circumstance resulting from the non-decision affects us to eventually choose.I believe we have the freewill to think,but hardly the freewill to do.

To me,emotion is/are reactive feelings,how we respond to something.

Some decisions that are made sometimes aren't intentional nor are they options we choose.
We can go 'left' or 'right' or 'straight ahead' we don't create the paths however.

Honestly I am not trying to concern myself too much with the Earthly emotions ..I feel there is something beyond our greatest emotion of "Love" so most of the things I think and feel I try not to keep too close to Heart because I don't want them affecting me when I go beyond.Love is universal,pertaining to this realm/dimension/universe but who knows if Love is in effect in every level of existence,its beyond our comprehension.
I feel that in one's passing of Life we leave our physical existence and exist as our "mind/soul" which is our pure feeling(s) we have decided to grow upon,nurture,or avoid.In an instant,we review the quality of our live according to how we lived them,that is just based off my NDE,nothing I say or think I say with full certainty,as certain things just "feel right" so I go along with them and normally voice them so others with like minds can either be susceptible to the idea/feeling and either build on it,or at least understand it,even if just for a second.

As to what happens after passing,I feel it is up to the individual whether we go beyond or stay.And as to the life long journey of knowledge,I feel it is irrelevant,almost anything HERE is irrelevant...miniscule.It only matters if you really feel it does I suppose.

And to answer that last part of your question greenelight , I feel depending on the knowledge we choose to carry with us during Life will affect the choice,most people are choosing against their will.Even in Death if someone is afraid to leave the Love they have built on in Life the fear reaction almost forces them to choose to stay.Whether it is willing or not I can not say,I'm not there yet
but I do feel that mostly people unwillingly choose to repeat the cycle,out of fear of never seeing or feeling the things they have spent their Life loving.To gain an understanding of what Life and Death is helps us manage those feelings when that time comes.Most people don't spend majority of their day pondering such thoughts,as society has been crafted to keep us busy and tired.

As I said earlier in this post,I don't hold anything too close to my heart,that is I don't truely believe in anything,you could say I am somewhat of a Nihilist observing the Creation.Until we know Truth,I can not believe anything that is said,thought,or experienced,if that makes sense.

Im just an observer deciphering Life.

reply to post by TarusTheBull

Oh believe me,I find it easy to live among the BS,my time in "hell" isn't so bad as Ive grown accustomed so to speak.Im just along for the ride.
I got this thread started to get more insight into other people's thoughts onto this matter,helps me get more perspective from others point of views as others have had experiences that have molded them giving a perspective that could not be formed by yourself.

Thanks a lot for the thoughtful post guys!
Appreciate you guys taking the time to respond the way you guys did.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I believe we have the freewill to think,but hardly the freewill to do.

Having the free will to think, is having the free will to choose to be rid of ignorance, which rids oppurtunity. To choose an 'option' would imply that you have put yourself through a 'imaginary test run' of this option in an instant. Therefore, by choosing it..you accept it as a decision.

The actually 'act' of your puppet playing its role in the play will be decided upon your 'test run' of actually doing so. The only thing that would stop you from playing your part, is.. ultimately ( When sought at the core; the gravity wells, the original wounds) 'fear'. All the fear is, bascially, is 'you' allowing it to take hold of you.. and by allowing something to happen is..in fact, by your own free will.

..to 'my' understanding, of course.

"I" would love to make more inquries on your postings, but it is far to early in the morning, and this kid has class in 6hours time.

I leave you in Light, Love, and with Oneness, my friend.

Namaste.
edit on 28-11-2012 by GreeneLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Yes, most definitely.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join