It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone else ever get the feeling....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That maybe we are already in Hell?
When you take this Life and Reality seriously,then take a step back,it looks like we are in Hell already.
I dunno sometime I feel like Life itself is Atonement.

Am I the only one who has thought this?Surely others have got this feeling to?
Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You would not feel that way if tptb did not control our lives. By keeping us misearable we lack the time or inclination to think about whats realy going on.

Get rid of tptb and you'll think your in heaven.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

If I was in hell I wouldn't have been allowed my wife and Son. They're awesome, they're pretty far from hell.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I guess one could feel that way if that person didn’t like his/her current situation. I’m not living in hell, so that theory hasn’t crossed my radar.

I don’t think “hell” is a state of mind but rather a physical place…

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It definitely would explain a lot. Like.........Mass murder GenocideStarvationBigotrySlaveryNuclear warheadsCapitalismGlobal warmingRush LimbaughAmerican pop musicI could go on and on.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter81

If I was in hell I wouldn't have been allowed my wife and Son. They're awesome, they're pretty far from hell.

ditto + a daughter

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have always felt our human lives are the launching pad for bigger and better things. What are those things? Heaven? Galactic enlightenment? I have no clue but I believe this part of our lives is just the beginning.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I subscribe to the asylumism theory from the late great Chicago Tribune columnist, Mike Royko. He said that this planet was an insane asylum for the rest of the universe. The more I read the daily headlines the more sense asylumism makes.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Like all philosophical questions the one the feelings you are currently getting is causing you to ask is not beyond the realms of possibility.
I remember someone once asking on this forum if it was possible that we humans are in fact the one third of all the angels that lucifer took with him when he was cast down. Once again same answer it is not beyond the realms of possibility, but it is a philosophical question so therefore a definite answer is by definition impracticable.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This isn't hell, but you can see it from my back yard.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Im speaking from a more philosophical view,I guess you would have to know where I stand to know why I stand there lol.
Yes there are good things.Love is unquestionably the best feeling we can experience in Life.I have Love in my life.
But when you step back and take a look at the world,it seems like we are getting closer to Hell if not in Hell already..

idk just seems like it to me then i guess
Life just seems like chaos and pain to me.Sure there are good things but those good things seem more like a lack of bad things to me.

idk the only thing worse than Life being Hell is reincarnating back to Life to do the cycle of chaos and pain over again...

"Birth is suffering;
Decay is suffering;
Death is suffering;
Sorrow, Lamentation, Pain, Grief and Despair are suffering;
not to get what one desires is suffering;
in short:
The Five Aggregates of Existence
are suffering."-Buddha
Life is full of those

I need a cigarette lol

edit on 21-11-2012 by ArtOfTrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

"Birth is suffering;
Decay is suffering;
Death is suffering;
Sorrow, Lamentation, Pain, Grief and Despair are suffering;
not to get what one desires is suffering;
in short:
The Five Aggregates of Existence
are suffering."-Buddha
Life is full of those

The answer is simple….you don’t know real suffering!

None of the things you mentioned are universally considered suffering. Birthing is considered a wonderful experience by many women. Death can be a peaceful passing by many. Sorrow and despair are feelings….not HELL!

You’re obviously trying to talk on some pseudo-intellectual level that is beyond my scope of reasoning. Enjoy your chat…

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I have always imagined living this existance on earth as hell, and how we treat other and how we affect this world while we are here determines whether upon death we move onto the next level of consciousness, or whether we are born into this world again. Kinda like Buddhism in a sense.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If this is hell, then hell is one absolutely beutiful and magnificent place that I hope never to leave.

Besides, the slopes wouldn't be so amazing in hell... leaving no gnar to shred.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Not really.

Hell is a religious construct to frighten believers into doing what they are told in this life.

The problems we create are results of our nature as very clever monkeys. There is nothing wrong with the world that people haven't made wrong. Theres nothing humans make wrong that they cant make right.

I would suggest that 'Hell' exists as a state of mind only. Specifically a state of hopelessness. While some of us may live and die without hope, i don't think we are collectively hopeless yet.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance

Or maybe we are already in Heaven...

Or maybe Hell and Heaven are both part of this place we live.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Living in Hell or Heaven is ENTIRELY up to one's choice, for each had been given free will to make that choice while on planet Earth.

The catch is - you alone can create Hell but impossible if you alone wish to create Heaven on Earth. No man is an island, and the journey of life is long, filled with much experiences of both highs and lows, made worse if by yourself where only confusion and ignorances reign.

It's.....your free will to choose.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ive pondered that before, but my idea of hell is perpetual sadness and torture. I have had some sadness and pain in my life, but i have had too many happy moments and pure joy to believe that this is actually hell.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have a recent belief that, a 'God complex' is not a mental disorder. Who is the only person in your life that you can, without any doubt, guarantee is real, true, alive, and thinking? Everything outside is a catalyst, influence, reaction, disuader, persuader, negotiator....for you, God.

I feel that, by thinking in this way, the only corrective action is for you to will the world into the place that it should be. The evil of society does not exist in your world. Of course, if you are an evil entity...whatever...by being God, the 'one' has no instance of you in their lives once they have followed the path long enough...because you don't exist as an influence any longer.

I feel that, truly adhering to what would be called the "Heavenly Virtues", you, God, will eventually complete your journey of discovery...and oh what a ride it was.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Maybe you came here on purpose to brighten the place up.

edit on 24-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join