It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Prom Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This is your last chance. After this there is no turning back.
You take the [blue drink]. The story ends. You go to prom. You wake up at your prom and believe whatever you want to believe.
You take the [red drink]. You don't go to prom(or at least find the prom dull). You stay in wonderland and I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
Remember! All I'm offering is the truth, nothing more.

Blue drink=lie Red drink=Truth

The theory goes like this. The prom is a measure of how well you can conform to society and their brainwashing media. The prom makes you more likely to be a follower. The prom is one of the biggest tools that is used to make people delusionally chase the stereotypically perfect life and keep them distracted from truth. Think about it. The media glorifies the media so much. The overly dressed loser who shows up without a prom date usually gets made fun of at prom. They usually discourage people from drinking more than one cup of fruit punch because of the alerting and antioxidant properties of Vitamin C. Prom usually has crappy music and the music has subliminal messages. Usually, you would be able resist these messages in part or almost completely. However, under the influence of the prom date, your brain releases chemicals like phenethylamine and oxitocin. These brain chemicals make you trust and love not only your prom date, but pretty much all of your subliminal surroundings. You fall under a mild trance. If you enjoy your prom date and are the perfect follower, you'll see life under a limited scope albeit one that is likely to reject non-conforming information and is hard to break free of. The media constantly perpetuates going to the prom. Those who go will often develop a dislike for any information revealing glitches and inconsistencies in the system we live in. They may further think that those who have such information are just mental loonies with possible paranoia. Prom may the deciding factor in how systemized a person has become at the time. Not going would liberate you from loving the main media and blindingly trusting government without once questioning the system. The powers that be patches up any glitches they catch and try fooling the public that the system's perfect. Don't go to the prom! It's not too late for you if you already have gone. It's just much much harder to wake up and find solutions to break free and live without depending on the current system. Prom goers will not remember everything from the prom. It's because: the prom date was too enjoyable, they were too busy laughing at the overldressed lonely prom goers, they were having intercouse in the bathroom without reaching the legal age of 18, they didn't drink enough fruit punch or berry punch (the amount of Vitamin C needed would be upwards of 400mg, or at least six cups of punch), they were releasing a lot of oxitocin and phenethylamine, ect. Society then becomes a popularity contest. Intellect is deemed useless by your peers and individuality will seem like a loserlike quality by those around you. The government then steps in and manipulates this state and can now use the morons to try to make sure that there are as few hyper-aware individuals as possible and as many problematic, violent, dense, or political people as possible. It then becomes a society where many people often beat up a single person for what they call "fun", people become too preoccupied with looks and being young forever, individualist would be avoided by others, honest scientific researchers often jailed for remarkable discoveries, and widespread depression. We are lead to believe that the brain and the individuality is non-important, that only looks politics and conformity matters, that giving up rights for temporary safety is somehow "cool", and that life is just a morinic popularity contest. Wake up and don't go to the prom! Discourage other truth seekers from going to prom! It's up to you. It is just a theory. No one's forcing you to believe it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowGhost

You had a bad prom experience...didn't you.....

Prom is a rite of passage...let people do what they want to do. Also, wall of text hurts eyes.....

Des

edit on 20-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is kind of a weird representation of conformity to others ideals and the effects of hormones and other substances on the human mind. Not really sure why you chose a prom as your medium to do this but, ok. You make a few valid points, although i'm still not exactly sure where you are going with this, or how it is much of a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i never went to prom, it seemed like a really uninteresting school function, and then i heard the excuse that there would be sweet parties afterwords, and i was like "we live in the woods and we have sweet parties every weekend and sometimes during the week, why does is it better because we went to school first?" i also enjoyed being the only one working at the video store that night since the other kids there got that night off for prom. i do agree prom is lame, and needs to be one of those traditions that fade away.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I wasn't going to go. I only went because my girlfriend's mom was making her go. Now, we're marrie....oh god, YOU'RE RIGHT....... THEY BRAINWASHED ME AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Proms are just a way for schools to make money. Especially the lesser cost dances like Homecoming and such.

What you're describing in the OP is just the human herd mentality. We are social primates and are influenced by one another. This isn't a conspiracy, it is in our nature. We depend on one another, if isolated, we go insane.

edit on 20-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I never went to prom. It didn't matter if I had good looks or was smart. People hated my personality. They made me feel like a total loser in high school. I asked and no one wanted to go with me. So I decided not to go. I'm not saying the human herd mentality is bad. I'm just saying it's being used against us. The very thing that makes us human is being amplified and used against us. There are far better parties than prom with way better music. Prom is lame in my opinion. If, however, you want to accept prom indoctrination and possibly end up being mean, oh well. If you decide to go and think nothing will happen, then go. Just drink as much fruit punch as possible and wear headphones listening to your own music, just in case. Also, wear sunglasses. Bright prom decorations color brain simutalion with subliminals. Don't focus too much on the prom date. Any party is better than a prom.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

edit on 20-11-2012 by davjan4 because: wrong one...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
By some odd act of "God" or planetary alingment, I was in Cotillian in highschool. I was definatley not "popular"

I essentially had an extra 4 proms a year. I never had a "date" to those -- but I liked dressing up like James Bond and sneaking drinks in the hotel parking garage.

For quite a few people, Prom is about the classiest event they will ever attend outside of their own wedding (assuming that it's classy).

I understand the whole "pissed off social outcast teenager" thing. It goes away after about 10 years. I didn't even bother with my 10 year reunion. I didn't like those people then, and I sure a # wouldn't like them now!

Any and all actual friends I had 10-14 years ago I still keep in touch with. Everyone else? I could care less.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
My girlfriend at the time puked on my suit in the limo on the way to the prom - the night went down hill from there.
Good times - true story.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Same, I'm over halfway to my 10 year reunion, still don't give a crap about anybody I graduated with really, except the few I talk to still. I come from a small town too, so I know everyone in my class and grew up with them. Still, nope, not a crap given.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wow, no offence, but I think we have way bigger conspiracy theories to deal with than the "prom" theory.

I just don't see it, but honestly am not looking very hard. If you were talking about the theory of indoctrinating our children in the school system's with the "no child left behind act" then you might have something, but a one night prom night where the singular goal is to get laid, I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I was a dork in high school but for senior prom I brought this chick from another high school who was diggin me. Turned out she was smoking hot, the best looking date at the entire prom. Every body was like wtf!!! He showed up with a girl like her!?!

Anyways the best part was when we went to the after party at the bonaventure hotel in down town la. We go to the suit the party is in. Every guy is staring at my date. She pounds two wine coolers and then I front of everybody she grabs my hand and says outloud. "I wanna go to your room!" and starts heading for the elevator with me in tow. Everybody was like whaaa??!!??

Needless to say I had a really fun prom. The point is I did things my way, screwed the status quo that thought I was a dork. And impressed the hell out if the jerks I mean jocks. Guys were still asking me about that girl through graduation summer. We both went our separate ways when college came around. But man that prom sure did lead to a good thing for old bassplyr

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
interesting theory. I've never gone to prom, dropped out of a school when I was 14

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I did go to Prom - but as a single guy with a lady friend.

Like many others before me, I was a Band/Computer geek (mostly a band geek). When Prom came around that year, I went because I wanted to (and had other motives
). I stayed within my group of friends, and didn't really do much apart from hangout like I/we normally do.

I'm not too sure on the theory that Prom is a "test" to see how people conform though. In my case, Prom was pretty much just like highschool - everyone hung out in their respected "cliques", with very few people going between them. In fact, if it were a "test" to see how well we would become one of the "mindless sheep", then my high school failed

If any, the act of graduating brings more to mind a sense of conformity - I mean, you take X number of students, tell them to wear the same type of clothing, sit in orderly rows, and at the [count of three, end of a speech, blowing of a whistle], you are then told to place your tassel on the other side, and throw your cap into the air. Finally, you are told to leave in an orderly fashion, and see your parents.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Never went to prom. (junior year that is) I spent that evening repairing and commissioning a satellite transceiver.

Although my senior year i did have a girlfriend, but we decided to travel out of town for dinner instead of going to prom.
edit on 11/23/2012 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowGhost

I grew up in a small town (5,000 pop., 100 kids in my graduating class), for anyone who also grew up in a small town, we understand the "usual suspects", those "popular" kids who peak during high school, inherit daddy's busines (insurance, car dealership ect...) marry their "popular" steady and never do anything in life except get drunk in town and screw around on their spouses.

I told my son, and now my step-son, get to know everybody in high school, the less "popular" kids are most likely more interesting and fun.

Life starts after high school.

new topics

top topics

join