It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids at Giza Planetary alignment Dec 3, 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

its my birthday on the 3rd of December and i didn't want fireworks so im having this alignment in stead ,,

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Okay, thanks for clarifying while I was doing some of my own google searches on the matter. I guess in all fairness, I'm the only one who brought the Orion Belt into this conversation. Time to put my New Age clothes in the New Age drier now.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

With your choice of avatar you can't be all bad.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ooh interesting thread OP..!

hm there must be a reason for the Egyptians building the pyramids so as to align with the stars... but why..?
maybe like the OP said it might be a message.. but what kind of message..?!

maybe its a warning..? maybe its some sort of marker through time...? i dont know... there are many possible reasons.. what would be interesting is if we could find said reason..

gonna do some research on this... keeping an eye on the thread too

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For some reason at work on our program for chat I put the Orion belt over the 3 pyramids as avatar some time ago, I don\t know what made me do so, I didn't know they allign, if it is true that will happen next month. I am too lazy to see my stellarium now.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I thought adding a bit of my personal research would be beneficial here.

I do not beleive the egyptians built the Great pyramid at all.

CHEOPS
- was of foreign race according to Manetho the Egyptian historian.
- was a shepherd, NO egyptian born king ever was a shepherd, it was concidered an abomination for any egyptian to herd animals.
- was a monotheist, forbid the worship of pagan gods during his reign.
- was a contemporary of Zoser and also of Joseph (Pharoh Suphus in Egyptian) during the 7 year famine recorded in the story of Joseph and his brothers.
- Job is pronounced "Hiob" in german/early English; with the last consenant pronounced like a "p" rather then "b". Currently the name is pronounced ch+i+o+ps, but that is simply the name of the Hebrew king Job in scripture.
- Cheops was recorded by Manetho as the following: "He was arrogant toward the gods, but repented and wrote the Sacred Book ... a work of great importance". The Book of Job was that book.
- In the book of Job God states: "Job left a GREAT monument in STONE."
- Giza was at the exact border between the land of Egypt (Pharaoh Amenemhet's land), Goshen (Joseph's land; his uncle) and Uz (Job/Cheop's land). The location was to show a sign of unity between Arabia (Uz), Goshen (lower Egypt) and Egypt (upper Egypt) after joseph saved the empire during the 7 year famine.
- 144,000 cubits in length. Holy measurements unto the God of creation.
- Job, the wise man of Uz. Cheops the wizard of Oz.

The list goes on and on, so my contribution to this thread is thus:

Why would God inspire Job to build the Great pyramid, to allign on that date (if it does in fact allign)?

God Bless,
edit on 19-11-2012 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
I had a dream that may be related. Maybe not.
It bothered me enough to make a thread about it though.

My dream involved Orion's Belt, Giza and the Moon
Goodnight Moon

ETA: There is also more detailed description & commentary on my reply posts to thread participants throughout the thread. (Thread only one page).
edit on 19-11-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

I just read your posting.

In it you mentioned that the event was in conjunction with the "new moon" which is why most did not notice the moons disappearance. Then I checked the calendar for the next new moon...

December 2nd/3rd 2013 is the next new moon.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The photo in the OP is a hoax. This entire thread is a hoax.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Maybe... just MAYBE the photo is not a "photo of an event" but a visual representation of the alignment. You know... like... an example for people to easily relate the 3 pyramids with the 3 stars from the belt.

I thought that would be straight forward... but to see such a dumb comment starred 5 or 6 times... wow! Just wow...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
The photo in the OP is a hoax. This entire thread is a hoax.

No, it isn't a hoax. It's just a rendered mock-up of what it might look like. That isn't saying it's an accurate mock-up. You know how a fast food commercial shows a delicious, well-made hamburger but when you buy one it's sloppy and unappetizing?

That's what we're looking at--I mean, one could say that hamburger in the commercial was just a hoax. I just call it trickery with the advertising.

But, hoax? I think everybody realizes it's not an actual picture from over 2,700 years ago. But thanks for pointing it out to those who didn't know

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

The image is wrong in several ways. The stars are not as bright as shown. They won't appear over the pyramids as shown. But one of the main issues is that the pyramids are not in a straight line. Neither are the stars in Orion's belt in a straight line. The "bend" in the line is in opposite direction when comparing the pyramids and the stars.

Here is what was stated in the OP that simply is not true. That is a hoax.

The Pryamids at Gaza apparently will line up with Orions belit on Dec 3, 2012.

The photo then mentions planets. Well, the planets don't line up either. That is not true. That is a hoax.

What does happen around that time is that the ratio of the angles between the planets comes close to matching the ratio of the distances between the pyramids. The planets will not appear over the pyramids as shown. There is no place to stand that gives this illusion of a match up.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The connections between the Egyptians and 21/12/2012 seem vague to me and inconclusive.

All I have been able to gather is that the calender of stone which is engraved on the Great prymaid at Giza is purported to end on 21/12/2012 when galatic alignment occurs on that date.

Also I read from this source that the Hall of records is set to open on the 21st and also Osiris is set to be resurrected on this date as well.

www.the2012theories.com...

The article also mentions the alignment with Orion.

I can't presently seem to find any more information elaborating in more depth on the origins of these ideas and it seems vague at this time.

What I would be interested to know is if any other ancient cultures besides the Mayans make any reference or allusion to 21/12/2012?
edit on 20-11-2012 by fadedface because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fadedface

There are no engravings on the Great Pyramid at Giza. There is no calendar there. The Egyptians do not mention 2012. Only one place mentions 2012 and that is the long count calendar of the Maya. No other cultures mention 2012. That hasn't stopped people from make up stuff.

There has been lots of times people want to connect Orion with the pyramids at Giza. It has been a failure. Read about it here.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join