It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids at Giza Planetary alignment Dec 3, 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The Pryamids at Gaza apparently will line up with Orions belit on Dec 3, 2012. I cannot verify this myself I do not understand how planets line up. However If this is the case I cannot help but wonder if this is a significant date. I don't really know much about the Great Pyramids. But I have always thought they are markers of time.

Why would this date be of importance to the Egyptians. What message would they be trying to send to future generations.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I had a dream about this event recently. I can't wait to see if anything out of the ordinary happens (not that I'm expecting it.) Thanks for the heads up

But wait, is it a planetary alignment or an alignment with Orion's Belt? I think I will have to look further into this.

edit on 19-11-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

What dream did you have concerning this event....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The will only align from one observation point surely? If this is the case, you could stand anywhere and align them at any time. Maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I dont know. I have read that the three prymamids lined up with the three stars of Orion a long time ago.

The two largest pyramids are lined up diagnally with the third offset. The designers did this on purpose. If you compare a lansat image of the pyramids with a picture of the belt of Orion, you will find a startling similarity. The pyramids of Giza represent the belt of Orion!

therev67.tripod.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

What dream did you have concerning this event....

Nothing major. It was just kind of a sub-text to my dream, but your title grabbed my attention because of it. Feel free to search my most recent thread in the dreams forum if you're truly interested. Otherwise, your thread isn't exactly the place to advertise mine haha.

I am still interested to see what happens and had no idea any alignments were approaching relating to Giza. I am definitely intrigued now!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The Pryamids at Gaza apparently will line up with Orions belit on Dec 3, 2012. I cannot verify this myself I do not understand how planets line up. However If this is the case I cannot help but wonder if this is a significant date. I don't really know much about the Great Pyramids. But I have always thought they are markers of time.

Why would this date be of importance to the Egyptians. What message would they be trying to send to future generations.

Hang on a minute.......

If alignment of those pyramids and Orions belt happens only once every 2737 years then WHO took that photograph and does that mean that they had good cameras back then.....??

Regards
(tongue in cheek)

PDUK

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
If alignment of those pyramids and Orions belt happens only once every 2737 years then WHO took that photograph and does that mean that they had good cameras back then.....??

haha, Nice one. Definite star for that one.

Obviously someone stole the time tunnel from Austine Powers.

Lucky bastard.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't get it? Orion's Belt or planets? There's a fake planet meme doing the rounds so I guess you mean that one?

EDIT.

Oh, also it's totally wrong. Sort of. Half wrong anyway.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

edit on 19-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

It will look more like this. If you're standing in exactly the right place.

And for it to line up the pyramids are the wrong way round in the picture.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I had a dream that may be related. Maybe not.
It bothered me enough to make a thread about it though.

My dream involved Orion's Belt, Giza and the Moon
Goodnight Moon

ETA: There is also more detailed description & commentary on my reply posts to thread participants throughout the thread. (Thread only one page).
edit on 19-11-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Oh yes, now I'm doubly intrigued about this Giza/ Orion alignment after reading your thread. There may be something going on with this upcoming alignment with some of us spontaneously dreaming about it (myself included.) Wish I could say what with any confidence at all.

I'll save a spot on the fence for you folks that like sitting up here with me

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Feel free to search my most recent thread in the dreams forum if you're truly interested. Otherwise, your thread isn't exactly the place to advertise mine haha.

I just read this and now I feel like a total jackass for posting a link to mine

My bad, OP.
Please forgive my thread etiquette faux pas

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Not at all! Pish-tosh! Your thread was much more relevant than mine. You did fine, and I'm glad you posted it. It added another piece to my own puzzle.

My dream thread has a lot of muck to get through before I made a small allusion to Giza/Orion which is why I didn't link to it. Yours was straight to the point.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Hey dont feel bad.. Its just a thread if you have a something of relevance there is nothing wrong with linking it to this thread...

Thank you for the link...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

That pic looks like a Stargate Address :-)

Great post, always been fascinated by the Pyramids myself, especially the Giza plateau

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Hang on a minute.......

Regards
(tongue in cheek)

PDUK

Perhaps it was SG: 1

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Okay, So I did a bit more poking around. It does appear to be a planetary alignment coming up..so, I'm not sure where the Orion Belt reference is coming from; apparently it refers to the Giza pyramids and their orientations themselves (my own assumption).

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

It doesn't look like quite the intriguing event I was shooting for. And an earlier poster did point this out with a handy photo. I'm on my way to 'star' that post.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

It's still pretty cool and it's not an everyday thing, but it's nowhere near as accurate an alignment and as special as the internet photo seems to think it is.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

It's still pretty cool and it's not an everyday thing, but it's nowhere near as accurate an alignment and as special as the internet photo seems to think it is.

The photo is a mock-up that lends no credence to accuracy. I knew that right away. Now what I'm so confused about is how this planetary alignment gets confused with the orientation of Orion's Belt. Even google's search results brought up both planetary and stellar alignments.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by khimbar

The photo is a mock-up that lends no credence to accuracy. I knew that right away. Now what I'm so confused about is how this planetary alignment gets confused with the orientation of Orion's Belt. Even google's search results brought up both planetary and stellar alignments.

Just an honest misnomer?

Lol sorry didn't mean to suggest anyone could believe the photo was genuine! It's not even close to being accurate.

I think it's probably bad science mix up with what people want to believe. There's supposedly a link between the pyramids and Orion's belt (in as much as three dots in a line look like three dots in a line) and it's all been jumbled in a big 2012/new age washing machine.

People seem to like the thought the universe and stars are somehow aware or care about the rest of the universe or are linked together. Nothing could really be further from the truth IMHO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join