It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Anonymous save the election?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What do you guys think? Is this real?

www.addictinginfo.org...

I think it sounds just like them.

Further reading had comments stating that there was some cryptic stuff in their letter, like that their allusion to a "rat" has some type of private computer-nerd meaning regarding a special hacking method; and that another reference indicated that the data numbers and some other such stuff is a forewarning to a wiki-leaks drop.

Then a couple of people stated that it may have been why Rove made such a buffoon of himself saying that we needed to wait for more results.

This is my first post so I don't know if I did it right, but I searched ATS and didn't see anything on this yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I keep trying to post a photo of the actual letter but it won't let me.

Here, I'll just copy and paste it:

www.google.com...:&imgrefurl=h ttp://motleynews.net/&docid=DZURaZu2CMWOjM&imgurl=http://i0.wp.com/llwproductions.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/letter-supposedly-from-anonymous-about-k arl-rove-hacking-election-computers.jpg%253Fresize%253D200%25252C200&w=200&h=200&ei=3sGpUN6CPcnRyQHBpIGADw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=5&sig=100958069691576844 085&page=1&tbnh=148&tbnw=148&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0,i:86&tx=74&ty=114

RATS!!! I couldn't do it, and now I don't know how to delete this lame link page.

oh, ha ha, no pun intended.
edit on 18-11-2012 by YoungSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I found this, from the article, to be interesting. At least we know the author of the letter has the knowledge and terminology to back it up, as to make this appear real. No idea if I believe it or not though.

Now, to a normal person a rat is just that: a furry animal or a slang term for a scoundrel. But to a computer person, a rat is something radically different, a r.a.t. hack. The Remote Administration Tool hack is a method of remotely accessing a machine as if it were local. Using such a hack, you would have full access to the machine, at a level someone physically at the machine may not have. A “sewer server” is a term used to denote a hack over a secured tunnel, known as a Secured SHell (SSH), using a form of encryption designed to make it appear to be innocent background traffic.

edit on 18/11/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Don't worry, you will get the hang of image posting soon. Welcome to ATS

edit on 18/11/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: bigger now
)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungSoul

Anonymous today has claimed that they have affected the 2012 presidential elections, thereby helping President Obama win a second term by hacking the Mitt Romney’s “Republican Get Out the Vote System” (ORCA).

On Election Day, the system (ORCA) application and network ran into problems as it was supposed to track through analytic's of what was going in key states of Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Iowa, and Colorado and helping to get out the vote in those areas.

The workers were unable to get the system to work and repeatedly failed and crashed.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Thank you !!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I like how they mention exactly how many times the GOP computer guys (must be a rare breed) tried to get the password right.

ETA: And yes it's probably made up, but it's funny
edit on 19-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I like how they mention exactly how many times the GOP computer guys (must be a rare breed) tried to get the password right.

Yeah, not to be psycho, but I really love Anonymous. I just think thy are real Robin Hoods.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

Unfortunately there is no way to see that authenticated. As much as I would love to believe it to be true, anyone could pick a random number and say that the "election riggers" attempted x amount of times. It doesn't really mean anything.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I hope this thread gets more attention. I would love to see other people's takes on it. But now I must go and be a mommy so I cannot stay to see how it progresses.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here's another bit of info that is quite interesting: www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Yeah it could definitely be total BS by a 15 year old who lives at home, can never rule that out

But - if you watch Karl Rove covering the election on television you will see a man who is truly shocked by the results as they come in, and for a time he's in total denial about it, and then you can see the worry and anxiety come in to play.

He looks like a guy with $10 mil in the pot who's trying to bluff his way through a terrible hand

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Ill give anon credit for trying...

Few see the ramifacations here

If anon accessed it mean others could have accessed it

and no proof was offered that anon did not change the results

it only makes the whole election unvalid... if you post the proof you rob your golden boy of any legitness

Also why did they not intervene earlier.. (if your gonna do something wrong do it right) say actual make sure the republican candidate chosen went head to head with Obama...

if anon is reading this...

I am not the most ethical man however if your gonna do it
do it right... be the agents of truth a light to the world

Their has to be actual footage of what happen at the twin towers... atm something either explosives or what we saw was what happened

How about raiding some of the banks and erase all their foreclosure files...

How about raiding the three credit agencies and wiping out all records of every single persons debt.. a la fight club

what happened in Benghazi and which monitors where running watching it live via sat uplink

war on drugs... Which us officials are being bribed by the Cartels... the money appears somewhere electronically

which UN officials are taking bribes

empty out all the bank accounts of all lobbyist in america and give it to every single charity on the face of the planet or homeless kittens

Empty out the personal bank accounts of all the banking executives in america (worldwide for that matter) all clear out there portfolios and sell them all for a loss... transferring the money to say wounded warriors or susan b kolmen

but no anon did save they election... It unfortunately tainted it completely

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

If Comcast is correct in their assertion that the network connection and possible the application itself was the result of a denial of service attack, then Anonymous’ claims to affecting the system is true thereby violating U.S. elections laws.

Link

Working for Obama or Mitt Romney?

If this is the case is this large enough of a violation of election laws that they could repeal the decision? If they were working on Obama's behalf, they wouldn't have mentioned it.

Just like the Stratfor emails suggest someone was stuffing ballot boxes for Obama back in 08(?), no one came out publicly to admit it for apparent reasons...

I'm a little confused here.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Something doesn't smell right about this whole thing. When the the government was passing SOPA and PIPA, Anon flipped out and more or less declared the US government to be their enemy.

November 5, 2012 they made this announcement:

So on one hand we have Anonymous stating that they were going to stop Karl Rove, and then on the other hand they want the US government to dismantle itself into something else.

If Karl Rove was going to steal the election letting him do so and then providing the evidence would further the goals of Operation V.

So what is really going on here?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Why couldn't they have saved the Republican primaries? That's when the election was official stolen.
Doesn't do a whole lot of good when Obamney is for sure going to win, to make sure one version of Obamney wins.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I don't think they actually changed anything with actual ballots, they just stopped others from changing it too.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Doesnt surprise me that Karl would try something like this. If what Anon says is true then they would have forwarded the proof to the "proper authorities". if nothing comes of this in the next week or so then i think we can assume it was a hoax

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungSoul

You can see what many anon members do on /b/. Very 'noble' things are done there.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
More background on what happened can be found here:

Anonymous, Karl Rove and 2012 Election Fix?

Apparently in Ohio in 2004 at 11:14 pm, the vote counting went to servers in Tennessee. Online once again in Ohio, Bush beat Kerry. This year the vote counting went down at 11:13 pm, with the vote counting intended to go out of state again. This time, Anonymous claims they thwarted this attempt, and Obama won Ohio.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join