It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, I'm mcx1942 :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hello everybody!

I am a brand new member and I just wanted to say hello to all the members. As well I would like to tell you just a wee bit about myself.

I am new to paranormal researching, though I was raised to believe in spirits and a after life. Over the years I convinced myself that the paranormal was nothing more than people's imaginations. But over the last few years I have started to delve deeper into the paranormal and ancient cultures. It is very fascinating when you can start to study a subject with relatively no bias, as you start to uncover information that you find on your own and not persuaded to do so by others. I have found an endless supply of information thanks to the old WWW, peaking my curiosity and sending me on a quest for answers that have evaded mankind for it's entire existence.

Just as of five days ago I have began an EVP research study. Documenting everything in a journal and my pc.
When I decided to try to commence my research, I realized I was missing one key device for EVP research, the audio recorder. To my happy surprise, I found I have an old Craig MP3 player that also has a voice recorder on it.
The audio is recorded in a WAV format and I can easily upload my recordings to my computer. I understand this is not the best audio recording device but from what I have recorded, I feel it is doing a great job until I can get my hands on a better device. Do you guys think this audio device will work for a nooby like me?

I have ran about 5 audio sessions, asking questions I have compiled from the web. I believe within these sessions I may have captured at least 3 voices. The first night I was reviewing my first session, I found that most of what I thought was voices was actually audio artifacts from me going crazy amplifying and using noise reduction. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, I could tweak any sounds anywhere, and with enough tweaking anything will sound like words or voices. With this realization, I stopped dissecting every nanosecond of audio and started focusing on sounds heard without editing. I believe now that I have 3 voices that when played back on normal, sound like very whispy breaths. With just 10 db amplification you can hear the whisps sound more like words. Believing these to be real EVPs, I would only apply one "dose" of noise removal and the words became very clear.

Now, I still believe what I have captured could just be audio artifacts that my brain wants to be real. But knowing that, I have become more strict on what anybody on the web posts as EVP evidence. I really believe that we as researchers should not use editing software too much, or better yet not at all. I am continuing to record audio sessions and hopefully I will capture an EVP that I will feel comfortable saying "This is an EVP! See! No audio manipulation of any kind has occurred."

I thank you for reading this and I welcome all and any tips, ideas, techniques that this very awesome forum has to offer.
-mcx1942

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninetysixufo
Welcome to ATS

Thank you friend!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Hello and welcome! I look forward to your contributions.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
hello, good evening and welcome.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thank you all!

This place has such a great feel to it. I am disappointed in myself for not joining sooner lol.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Howdy! this place is the place to be!

Nice to meet you.

top topics

join