It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Israeli/Gaza conflict just got personal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Well I've tried to stay silent on this issue for personal reasons ... But this morning my girlfriend has been deployed to Ashdod and Ashkelon ... So now I feel more worried than ever ... Can we all please just hope for a peaceful solution

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

Umm.. fair question? Is she American or Israeli? I see your mini says you hail from Tenn here in the USA so I'm a bit confused? I know we have U.S. troops in Israel. The Sinai to be exact...but surely you must mean a girlfriend among the IDF right?

link   
I will pray for the safety of your GF. However, I seriously doubt that peace is in the cards.

link   
I am sorry to hear about your poor girl being sent to what seems like escalating aggression.

But I am sure most of us here at ATS, and of course much of the world at this point, are speaking out for peace! And end to this senseless Barbarism.

Hoping for a peaceful outcome in all this. It must end! Hopefully before the Dinosaurs/Old World Order die off.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sorry for the confusion ... Yes she's in the IDF ... She is Israeli ... But I've stayed neutral even in my personal and professional life ... And now is when it has first hit me hard

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Neutral is probably the best way to go, at the moment.

I mean, when there is huge conflict, there is huge pain for all. Whoever 'wins' the war, it's us that lose.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am also worried that when I get back to Israel in December that I may be pushed into the fray ... My Aliyah papers will be almost processed so that worries me

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sorry you have so many worries at the moment.
Hope it helps to be getting it out.

Prepare for the worst, but ALWAYS hope for the best. Never know when it might change an outcome.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I know for certain that Gaza will be destroyed ... The peace will come from PA not Hamas

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

Well, all politics and talk of sides or the rest put away for now, I sincerely hope your girlfriend gets through this with nothing worse than bad memories and brief interruption to her regular life. I also think it took some courage to open yourself up with a thread like this.

My best wishes go with you and yours. Here is hoping for all concerned, this is a short conflict and gets no worse than it already has.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Thank you wrabbit ... She is in the education division ... So shes a teacher and they guard schools and daycares ... So its not as bad as the frontline but its still unnerving

top topics

join