It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu may delay election due to Gaza op

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Netanyahu may delay election due to Gaza op

www.jpost.com

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu may consider postponing next Sunday’s Likud primary, and possibly even the January 22 general election, if Operation Pillar of Defense in the Gaza Strip does not end soon, Likud sources said on Saturday night.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Report: Netanyahu To Delay Iran Attack Until Next Year
Netanyahu: An Israeli attack on Iran is therefore to be expected at some time in the coming months.
edit on 11/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
That was probably the only reason why he needed a war
so he could stay in power with no time limits
This madmen has become extremely predictable
and thats make him more dangerous expecialy since Obama reelection ..
Romney was the choosen one candidate
perfect puppet to manipulate at his own will

many in Israel dont endorse Netanyahu anymore
because he is risking a lot of Israelis life
for attacking Gaza and maybe soon Iran
he think his Iron Dome is invincible ?
yes its a good automatic protection when you bomb the crap out of somebody ..
no need to focus on the defense anymore .. just attack attack and attack

Netanyahu formed a task force of three Likud officials to determine whether the party’s Knesset candidates list could be chosen in the midst of the operation. Likud attorney Avi Halevy, party campaign manager Tzahi Braverman and Netanyahu’s political adviser Gabi Kadosh were tasked with determining whether the primary could be delayed until just ahead of the December 6 deadline for parties to submit their lists of candidates to the Central Elections Committee.
“If Pillar of Defense goes on, it will be impossible to carry out the primaries in the largest parties,” Environmental Protection Minister Gilad Erdan said at a cultural event in Ness Ziona. “The primaries would have to be postponed in order to prevent harm from coming to the people who come out to vote.”

Daniel Tauber, who is running for a young spot on the Likud list, became the first candidate to request a delay in the primary on Friday morning.

"Members of Knesset and Ministers should not have to spend time campaigning when they should be dealing with urgent security matters and working to unify the country instead of reaching out to only Likud members," Tauber wrote. "Campaigns should not be brought to fever pitch as our soldiers are risking their lives fighting our enemies and residents of the South are forced to hide in fear."

Likud MK Carmel Shama- Hacohen, who is expected to have a tough time winning a realistic slot in the primary, wrote to Netanyahu, urging him to postpone the vote in the Likud, saying that it would be improper to hold the race when so many party members have been called for reserve service.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11/18/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
We can only hope that an errant missile lands in his lap.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

The story of Israel and Palestine:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I admit that I do not know much about Israeli politics, but could this be an attempt to consolidate further executive power under himself, to enable the abolition of parliamentary process and to continue on his military campaign?

It has been done before.
edit on 18-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I admit that I do not know much about Israeli politics, but could this be an attempt to consolidate further executive power under himself, to enable the abolition of parliamentary process and to continue on his military campaign?

It has been done before.
edit on 18-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

is it me of he wants all Arab country to avenge Gaza for what he do
he wants to accomplish the prophecy
so that Israel will be attacked on all 4 front surrounded by enemies
then he can launch his nukes on whoever he wants for selfdefense
Netanyhau needs to be arrested and put in prison before he commit bigger genocide
Hitlers was a small tyran compare to him

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Of course he is doing this. The Likud party thrives off war,without war they have nothing to run on. Hamas is pretty much the same. One day these people will finally wake up to this racket. Probably not going to be while we are alive though.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Of course he is doing this. The Likud party thrives off war,without war they have nothing to run on. Hamas is pretty much the same. One day these people will finally wake up to this racket. Probably not going to be while we are alive though.

and im sure they can riggue the election quicker then the republicans

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by Juggernog

The story of Israel and Palestine:

That picture so clearly sums it up!!

In response to the OP... Bibi is a psychopath. He probably started this whole nonsense just to hold onto power. Last I heard, (through the MSM.. so forgive me if it is wrong), he wasn't likely to be re-elected.

And one thing I would like to point out... the MSM is making this seem like Hamas fired first. They seem to skim over the fact that Israel sent in helicopter gunships to kill that Hamas ding-a-ling. So technically they threw the first punch. Typical of Bibi... that dude is as nuts as they say Iran's leaders are.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Bibi Psychopath is an understatement lol
reunite Kim Assad Saddam Hitler Napoleon Bush Amhadinejad
and they will be compale beside him

if i knew better .. this guy is the perfect match for the Antichrist
he also put a lot of shame on my name

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Yeah, because Hamas is probably the Likud party.

In Syria, the United States, Israel, and Jordan supported the Muslim Brotherhood in a civil war against Syria. And … Israel quietly backed Ahmed Yassin and the Muslim Brotherhood in the West Bank and Gaza, leading to the establishment of Hamas.

They feed off each other, to stay in power.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i saw this as a scenario

but i never thought he would get support

now it does look like it was started for an election

lol...if there were no dead bodies...i would of thought it was a funny move...but..

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Posted earlier here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines (Updated 4-15-11)
Reaffirming the "Breaking Alternative News" Forum

new topics

top topics

join