It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Made Us In His Own Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Okay unfortunatly I can't really expand this too much because its just simple theory that I would like to throw out their to ATS members and see where this can lead.

Sooo.....

God made us in his own image??

I believe people may have missed something when they assume it means god made us to look like him (a human looking being?)...

Could it possible be, that God created us as an image, as in computer image. People theorise that we are in a "matrix" of sorts. We'll maybe God did create us, in his image, we are simply software/hardware.

Here is some basics on computer images:

Taking an image or clone of a computer hard drive is a relatively easy process when you use the software and technology available to aid you in the imaging process. When you take an image of a hard drive, the image is an exact replica of your computer at the time the image was taken. Of course, you would want to take the image when the computer is healthy and running without any problems. You should take a new image at least once a month to ensure you have a fresh copy at all times. Should you image or clone a hard drive?

Of course all this is highly unlikely, but a debate would be interesting

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thats a super interesting theory. Never thought of it that way.... Soooo....does that mean were an exact copy of god? That we are gods too? Or was god simply a human?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tangled2011

I cover this here on ATS many times, but here it is again. For more, you can consult my threads or the link in my signature.

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

We are produced by Hydrogen. Hydrogen represents the waters above and below. Hydrogen has one proton and one electron in a balanced state. All hydrogen bonds then make us from our star. The process starts with the light. Light is a particle and a wave and consciousness collapses the wave function of light quanta to form matter. Energy is information and science now confirms this: Light is Information and Energy is the Same

Father - Light / Prima Materia / Law / Consciousness / Three in ONE
Son - Wave / Word / Law
Holy Spirit - Consciousness

Light is not a duality. It is a trinity. Science leaves out Spirit (Blasphemy).

The Image is what we are inside. We are also THE Image of God.

1 Colossians 1:
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

The Son of God is Adam Kadmon. We are the clay and He is the seal that presses the clay into form.

1:27 So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

We are inside the image. We ARE the image.

How is this image produced?

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

Word is Information. Energy is INFORMATION.

Why was John sent by God? To prepare the way in the water. John was John the Baptist. Baptism is the immersion of the soul into the water to raise to new life. Involution and Evolution are Key to Salvation

For more, see my theory of existence linked in my signature. You can also read the two articles on Baptism, which go further into what Elijah and John the Baptist were doing to prepare 7 billion souls to enter the water together. All of my threads are geared toward telling this story.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011

Could it possible be, that God created us as an image, as in computer image.....

IF there actually was such a thing as a god, then anything would be possible, with absolutely no limitations whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If you understand my last post, consider this. What do you see when you look in a mirror? You see your image, but not you. This is the same idea behind where you think you are now. You are not here. You are the image here, yet your Spirit (Consciousness) resides with God. You are His Image looking at the veil of matter. He sees you and Himself. You see you and are looking for Him.

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Within these verses, you see the KEY to finding the way out of the image.

Also, in this verse, you see the purpose:

Acts 17

24 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’

29 “Therefore since we are God’s offspring, we should not think that the divine being is like gold or silver or stone—an image made by human design and skill. 30 In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent. 31 For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising him from the dead.”

Matthew 18 shows you as the Angel (Child) with God.

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

Notice the mirror from the verses in 1 Corinthians. You are the Child. You are the Angel casting the image here. You are being raised by God and Faith allow God to work with you. You can deny the gift as well. Salvation depends on you searching for God from His Word. The Word awakens what you already know. It's written on your heart already.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Matter is the veil. It was torn in the first century so we could remember slowly.

Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom—Matthew 27:50-51.

Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way, which be hath consecrated for us, through the, veil, that is to say, his flesh—Hebrews 10:19-20.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If "God" made is in his own image, then I think it's safe to say that "God" is a royal a-hole. Furthermore, "God" will surely realize his mistake and prevent us from ever spreading beyond this planet.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The context of image here refers to the 'inner being'.

We reflect God's image because we have share the same emotions/feelings as God.

Joy, grief, sorrow, pleasure, jealousy, satisfaction, peace, anger etc...

In this way we are created in his image. Unfortunately, since the fall of man in the garden of Eden we have indulged in all kinds of sin and many of our feelings are now ill directed.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Humans are very creative.
I mean mind wise seems to be the most evident today.
God is creative spirit and material wise.
So man is a bit encumbered image wise having something of the God image in us.
I mean who would think of aliens in creation after creating man.
Man would.
Having a mind is certainly a damaging image at times.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
how about God never made us in his own image because the translation is wrong.
The word elohim translated God, is the plural of aleph Lamed He, three letters which are the word authority.
plural makes it the authorities. Now most people will come unglued if you say that word is not God, but the same word is also used as gods and judges. It is a blasphemy to use gods name to yourself, so judges could not have used it if it really was Gods name.

Corrected translations can be found here

www.thechronicleproject.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Could it possible be, that God created us as an image, as in computer image. People theorise that we are in a "matrix" of sorts. We'll maybe God did create us, in his image, we are simply software/hardware.

I think I've read some scifi stories about advanced races wanting to build machines and then transfer their eternal essence into the machines so they can be in a blissfull state for all of eternity. Before the machines were built, those essences or spirits had to spend time on processes similar to breathing or pumping blood around. Whenever such a spirit would want to do something we know as grocery shopping they would spend ages creating every step of the way, creating the story first then going into the story and experiencing it. All things go very slow overthere, much slower than here where our physical body makes trillions of calculations in mere milliseconds just to pick up an object, try doing that while having to work out each spatial movement.

But then some genius thought it would be better if we would just have inanimate stuff that could only function one way and is essentially self replicating, kind of like thinking up a machine then going in it as a doorway to another existence. While in the machine the essence fully comes to believe it is a physical body and all the things the body does is taken for granted.

Then upon death of the physical body, the essence still expects everything to function like it did (depending on one's belief about the afterlife), not even aware of any other way. Which is also the catch to it all, one must forget all previous memories of the world before this one or risk creating fear and confusion about the next world which might make the imagined body to fail.
edit on 20/11/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

The Hebrew text can also be read 'made as his image' ...
...that is we were made to image God.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Okay unfortunatly I can't really expand this too much because its just simple theory that I would like to throw out their to ATS members and see where this can lead.

Sooo.....

God made us in his own image??

I believe people may have missed something when they assume it means god made us to look like him (a human looking being?)...

Of course all this is highly unlikely, but a debate would be interesting

The main theme here is " God Made Us " - However, let us not forget that " God made the angels too, before us " as the story is told in the scriptures. As a scriptural reminder, here are a few scriptures everyone will recognize.

Deuteronomy Chapter 6: verse 4 - " Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one. "

II Timothy 1:7 says, "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Once upon a time (biblically and Before The: Creation of earth “in the beginning”), when God was all by Himself, he Created " the angels " - God is " Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient " which means that God knows the Future!

Now, we know that it is stated in the scriptures that God knows the Future, God is All Powerfull, and God is Omnipresent !

So, now that we " all know " that God knows everything, one cannot help but see the obvious conclusions and contradictions in the whole creation story below.

I have posted this on a few other threads, and of course no one has any type of a " Rational or Coherent Answer " for these obvious problems.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The " Area of Proof " that God is not perfect, is when God tells us about how he created the angels. .

The fallen angel lucifer or satan is the main proof that God is not perfect. To create or make many angels in antiquity, "God only knows when" and for one of these angels that God made to rebel against God, that shows an " Imperfect Creation " of an angel.

An all knowing, and an all seeing God, who " Knows The Future " could Easily have seen or known that lucifer was " Not Perfect. " For a " Perfect God " to make or create an " Imperfect Creation " shows that God is not perfect.

And also these obvious questions:

Why would " God " like or want " Gold " ??? and Why would God tell Adam in the first book of the bible about Gold ??? and God even says that " the Gold is Good " Why is the gold good ?

Why would Adam and Eve even want or need gold ??? Gold is very Heavy like Lead. Adam can't eat the gold, or does God want Adam to make himself a nice new shiny Rolex watch??? Come on, what's this Fascination by " God " with " Gold " ??? Does an Infinite and an All Wise God like Shiny Gold watches and rings...??? What's with Gods interest in gold ???

Is Sitchin's interpretation of the ancient Sumerian clay tablets beginning to make any sense here....?

What is the real bottom line story here on this planet earth? Entertainment ? Gold ? Love ? Endless Wars ?

Wow, talk about Endless Fascinating Brutal Entertainment... So Which Is It ???

Is the Bottom line theme and story on all of "Gods Creation" Love ? Gold ? or Endless Wars of Misery and Slaughter of People ? For " Gods " Entertainment.. ?

So... Which is It... ?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The "image of God" is biblical poetry that has the esoteric connotation of 'cosmic blueprint'. It was not "Man" or even "a man" but Adam Kadmon, that is, "Heavenly Man", that is the universal prototype of anything designed according to the very nature of God. You need to understand that everything is, ultimately, the manifestation of God, that ONE cosmic blueprint underlies all holistic systems. This has now been proven with rigorous mathematics for superstrings, DNA and the human skeleton.

Here is how the human skeleton conforms to the sacred geometry of the Otz Chiim, or biblical Tree of Life:
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...

Here is how human DNA conforms to various sacred geometries:
smphillips.8m.com...

Many research articles at this website demonstrate the amazing way in which the group mathematics underlying superstring theory is embodied in various sacred geometries and how the multi-dimensional structure of superstrings, as described paranormally over a century ago, matches precisely the properties of sacred geometries and features of certain theoretical models proposed by string theorists. Even the mathematics of the seven musical scales is an expression of the same universal pattern that is the mathematical meaning of "the image of God".

Since, in the final analysis, only God exists, all things in His universe are "made in his image". The linked website provides the mathematical proof of this.

new topics

top topics

join