It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God Illusion...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Did anyone here smell the mint? I didn't.

Not even the variant "citrus". But the test wasn't very long. Maybe if it had lasted a minute or so, maybe I would have. Now we'll never know.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I think the point was fear. How many wouldn't do it because they would fear something bad happening to that person, or themselves, or both. Even though they profess atheism, they still have some belief in supernatural forces.

I looked at some of the faces of the audience, I think they were told that the cameras weren't on. What I saw seemed to be contained disgust. Which is pretty much what I felt watching that ritual. Seems to me that regardless of a person's beliefs there is something deeply disgusting about that ritual.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

-----We pray and support Israel because we are all pictured by their lost light and blindness to truth.

At the risk of being sidetracked from the thread topic, which may be your intention, look at my response above to the "Satanic ritual" on the film clip. The same disgust for Israel.

Do you honestly believe that a "museum of blindness to truth" is so valuable to humanity, that we all should lose all sense of humanity in order to have it built on stolen land over dead human bodies?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

-----We pray and support Israel because we are all pictured by their lost light and blindness to truth.

At the risk of being sidetracked from the thread topic, which may be your intention, look at my response above to the "Satanic ritual" on the film clip. The same disgust for Israel.

Do you honestly believe that a "museum of blindness to truth" is so valuable to humanity, that we all should lose all sense of humanity in order to have it built on stolen land over dead human bodies?

Your premise is founded on your own pretext. I see things differently.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

As GodLover25 states, all knees will bow,

And you're fine with this? You want to kneel before your master, be his adoring slave, submitting to his authority over you with no room for questioning his perfect intentions.

You have no idea how much I HATE that idea. We are no one's slave. I owe my allegiance to no one, not to a god or a devil. I am not a pawn to be played with by supernatural beings. The whole premise is ludicrous and insulting.

I completely agree. I never understood how one can be willing and proud to be a slave to something else. If there was a God I would acknowledge his existence and that's it. Having free will and choosing to be a devoted slave simply does not compute.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

worship this guy instead! he is so truthful and enlightening! I am sorry but I did not even hit play.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corporate Providence

worship this guy instead! he is so truthful and enlightening! I am sorry but I did not even hit play.

No need to apologize. If you have no interest, that's fine. But if that's the case, why even comment? I hope it at least made you feel better. Take care...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Until you realize that God stands for freedom, peace, kindness, gentleness, abounding love and perfect unity

What you don't realize is that by creating a god you automatically create a cold-hearted, merciless killer. How many people died during Hurricane Sandy, or in any of the tsunamis, earthquakes, or volcano eruptions? If these things were just natural events, then the lives lost were just a sad part of life. But, if there is a god, then you also believe that god has a design, that god's Will controls all things in the universe. This means that he killed all those people. Killed them like meaningless ants, expendable in his grand scheme, in his plan for all of us.

Two words about there being a god - NO THANKS!

edit on 11/18/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by jiggerj

Our government was first founded on principles found in the law. The Mideast and our present condition show the futility of doing it our way. It is ALL failing.

It is not failing because of all the human rights that we've established. It is failing because of a few greedy men. But hey, if you think the Middles East is better - send me a post card.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Awesome delineation of religion as a system of control. I'll be spamming this everywhere!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Of course,

God has written the Law on all mankinds hearts,

You will not find very many people who will openly admit that adultery is wonderful, stealing is awesome, killing people is cool and hating your neighbors is the best way to get ahead in life....

Although those views are becoming more popular in the US and other places, as we approach the closing of the age....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by godlover25

Here is what I asked you:
"Yep, I completely agree.

What does that have to do with my questions? You haven't answered them.

Are you (in your worldview) Jesus Christ returned?

When is this "judgment" going to happen? You said it's happening now, I asked for details.

Also, could you kindly, please, consider that there are people on this site, and in this forum, who are VERY selfless and compassionate, but may not match your "idea" of how they are?"

Here is your delayed answer:

Of course,

God has written the Law on all mankinds hearts,

You will not find very many people who will openly admit that adultery is wonderful, stealing is awesome, killing people is cool and hating your neighbors is the best way to get ahead in life....

Although those views are becoming more popular in the US and other places, as we approach the closing of the age....

"Of course" meaning, there are good, selfless, compassionate people who don't need to believe in God or a Rapture in order to do so? (True) No, I think you mean: they won't admit it OPENLY, but they think those things (adultery, stealing and murder and hatred) are fine.

Am I interpreting your statement correctly?

Here's a little heads-up, my friend. If you're going to participate in this forum on any meaningful level, you might consider being more direct in your answers, using fewer "biblical" cliches and phrases, and addressing the questions head on. So far, every post of yours I read makes me less inclined to read the next. There's simply nothing to them that helps my understanding.

WHO do you consider yourself to be that you have this entitled and vague way of communicating your "superior" knowledge?

And WHEN is it going to happen?

edit on 19-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

...as we approach the closing of the age...

edit on 11/19/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Jigger, where were you thirty years ago when I needed someone to talk some sense into me?

ETA: Come to think of it, as stubborn as I am, I probably wouldn't have listened anyway. But it's nice to think I might have listened.
edit on 11/19/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You must read to understand,

You must hear with your ears,

I cannot make you hear,

You must hear on your own.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Okay, got it. You don't have anything really to say. Except "repent, and it's now".

Check.
Thanks for the clarification. I hear and read just fine, thanks. So, I'm all right.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Well done godlover you've read a book and you clearly enjoyed it.

Why not have a change from fiction on your next book and choose a non fiction book such as the god delusion or the origin if the species. You might finally learn something.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't post very often but thought i would throw my opinion in. I have always been facinated about religion and why people believe in a god. This programe was facinating to watch although not totally supprising. Suggestion is a powerful thing and the fact he could induce a religious experience was pretty eyeopening.

If i was to describe myself as anything it would be athiest. To me the need for a all seeing, all knowing creator kind of steals our thunder. Humans are capable of some amazing things and saying it was god that helped us takes away from the achievement. Just my opinion on it.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Megatronus

One thing that amuses me extremely is that the religious claim the big bang to be impossible to happen out of nothing yet when you ask how their creator came to be they claim he came to be out of nothing.

Go figure!

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by Megatronus

One thing that amuses me extremely is that the religious claim the big bang to be impossible to happen out of nothing yet when you ask how their creator came to be they claim he came to be out of nothing.

Go figure!

Actually, most of them claim god has always been, no beginning, and no end. In other words, what you said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join