It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone alive out there?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I grew up in an asylum so I know the drill.

I don't really look good in tin foil but thanks for the offer.

No cookies, but I do have animal crackers and pizza flavored gold fish, help yourself...

And thank you, really, it's the first time I've smiled for a hundred years.

Dog

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GodsDog

Welcome to the club... And ATS!

Don't get too disheartened but I have found there are many people on here that are as you describe though the ratio may be SLIGHTLY lower here...

I remember when I first joined (not THAT long ago) I too wanted to meet "like minded" people. What I found was quite frustratingly the opposite (bar the odd one or two)... I mean there are people on here that genuinely believe having government is a good idea!!! With all the mountains of evidence to show they are corrupt lying scumbags!!!

Thought I would come here and find "the resistance", what I have found is complicity and excuses! Same old, same old...

Endless debates over which muppet will save us next...

I made a thread once detailing how I home educate and got told that I'm a bad parent basically and that I am robbing my children of "that time in their life" as if we have ALWAYS been sent to school/prison...

I rarely bother to comment anymore as I just feel like pulling my hair out! You just go round and round and people just do not want to admit anything!

I come on now mainly just to browse the main page to see if there is anything interesting, sometimes you will get the odd bit of news or information. I am finding that getting fewer and further between now...

Boy this is a depressing post... Sorry but it is MY truth, hope you don't get the same results.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GodsDog

Since you opted out of the complimentary tin foil hat...you get the Welcome Cake...Enjoy...

Glad you are here....

Des

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

I appreciate your honest opinion and I don't believe it's possible for me to get anymore disheartened than I am already, but thanks for the concern. If there are one or two souls here that are even slightly more open minded than the ones I've encountered in my life-time, I'll be happy with that.

Home schooling is considered bad parenting? The person or people who said that have no idea what bad parenting is. Unless of course their parental units idea of home schooling was "Building a Meth Lab in Ten Easy Steps." Am I allowed to say that? We shall see...

Regardless of the opinions of others.....
Well, just regardless of the opinions of others.
Someone else can feel free to finish that statement.

Thanks.

Dog

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Did you bake that yourself? Is it alien flavored?

Thanks.

Dog

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GodsDog

I appreciate your honest opinion and I don't believe it's possible for me to get anymore disheartened than I am already, but thanks for the concern. If there are one or two souls here that are even slightly more open minded than the ones I've encountered in my life-time, I'll be happy with that.

Not a problem... There are a few diamonds in the rough but I have found the endless roundabout of nonsense is enough to put me off finding them, lol. I've often contemplated whether this place is merely another distraction...

Home schooling is considered bad parenting? The person or people who said that have no idea what bad parenting is. Unless of course their parental units idea of home schooling was "Building a Meth Lab in Ten Easy Steps." Am I allowed to say that? We shall see...

Apparently so... I also shared an encounter I had with the police not long after my son was born.. Short story is my partner had an unassisted home birth (no doctor, mid wife etc). It is completely legal/lawful not to mention natural! Something the human race has been doing for thousands of years. Anyway 3 days later we had the police force their way into our home under threat of violence all so they could usher the midwives in to "batter" our son (on the national midwifery council website you will see that THEY say any treatment or care without consent is battery). As soon as I mentioned consent they couldn't get out quick enough! We had a nice follow up call (read harassment) by the social services at the behest of the lovely caring midwives!!!

I was also called a bad and dangerous parent then too! lol People were actually siding with the midwives...

Regardless of the opinions of others..... Well, just regardless of the opinions of others. Someone else can feel free to finish that statement.

Yeah I couldn't really care less about other peoples opinions of me, I was more in shock getting those kinds of reactions on here of all places. It kinda made me lose faith somewhat.

Anyway, onwards and upwards! I continue MY fight to this very day! I still home educate and our son is doing just fine, he's about to turn 1 and is still a truly free individual (he's not "registered").

I truly hope you have a great experience here, just don't expect too much like I did...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sorry, double post...
edit on 16-11-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodsDog

Did you bake that yourself? Is it alien flavored?

Thanks.

Dog

Nope..it's a self portrait cake by one of my interstellar buddies....it may be human flavored...IDK....

Des

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by beezzer

At least this one is easier to star your posts Beez...last week, I'll admit, I had to rapidly scroll through some of your posts..don't ever wear last weeks' avy again....please....

I miss the blue teared bunny...

Des

So do I.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GodsDog

Unless of course their parental units idea of home schooling was "Building a Meth Lab in Ten Easy Steps." Am I allowed to say that? We shall see...

LOL missed this part before... No you may not mention any kind of drug unless it is government approved!!! Remember, deny ignorance...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Nope, nobody's alive, we're all ghosts of members past... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....OOOOOOOOO.... we come for your twinkies.....

Welcome to ATS

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Let's see if I have this quote action straight.

I've often contemplated whether this place is merely another distraction...

If you think about it, everything is merely another distraction, isn't it? If it weren't for distractions I'd be in real trouble. I can't be left alone with my own thoughts.

Apparently so... I also shared an encounter I had with the police not long after my son was born.. Short story is my partner had an unassisted home birth (no doctor, mid wife etc). It is completely legal/lawful not to mention natural! Something the human race has been doing for thousands of years. Anyway 3 days later we had the police force their way into our home under threat of violence all so they could usher the midwives in to "batter" our son (on the national midwifery council website you will see that THEY say any treatment or care without consent is battery). As soon as I mentioned consent they couldn't get out quick enough! We had a nice follow up call (read harassment) by the social services at the behest of the lovely caring midwives!!!

I was also called a bad and dangerous parent then too! lol People were actually siding with the midwives.

I am sorry to hear this. It's ridiculous to me how often these organizations, agencies and police go after the wrong people when there are real offenders out there. Battery? A bad and dangerous parent? When I was growing up in a house-hold governed by a parent who used bullying, fear and real battery to enforce his rules I clearly do not remember the police or any other force for that matter giving a crap.

But what can you do? Nothing. I am glad your child is flourishing and free and not registered.

I truly hope you have a great experience here, just don't expect too much like I did.

If you don't expect too much from people you can't be dissapointed hey?

Thanks.

Dog
edit on 17-11-2012 by GodsDog because: Quote

edit on 17-11-2012 by GodsDog because: quote

edit on 17-11-2012 by GodsDog because: no

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

It isn't, but it should be

Thanks,

Dog.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer, is that a Hillary Clinton mixed with Barack Obama avatar? Why does it end up looking like an all-knowing Native American? Yeah, the bunny avatar... go back to that.

Oh, and welcome. I can be the most open-minded of them all, or the most closed-minded of them all, depending on my mood. Well, it's actually hard to be extremely closed-minded for me. Although it can be hard to be open-minded, too.
edit on 17-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hi dog!
Just dont fall in the trap of becoming too open minded. With that i mean beleving everything on this forum

A lot of theories/truths cancel eachother out by contradiction. Be wise, be critical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join