It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arab States To Use Oil As "Economic Weapon" Against U.S. & Israel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Fox News Article

What stinks is that Iraq is leading the charge to do this. The US dethrones their scum dictator and now we get the shaft from the same people we freed. Oh hold on, should I be surprised about that??

A top Iraqi diplomat urged Arab states to “use the weapon of oil” against the United States because of its alliance with Israel, raising more questions about the Middle Eastern nation's allegiance to the nation that freed it from a ruthless dictatorship. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

There goes our gas prices. Just the hint of oil being constrained should send gas prices up soon. I wonder how oil will finish by close today?

edit on 11/16/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/16/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--All Caps -- Don't Use Them

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
stop saying "isreal and the US"...in the same breath

countries like Egypt and Saudi Arabia, dont have any issues with America

stop programming people by saying things like ... isreal and the west.....
because arab states only have an issue with isreals right wing parties

BTW - cut the BS...we own iraqs oil fields...we have been taking free fuel for over 10 years now....you tell me why its so expensive??
edit on 16-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

haha..FOX news.....its theatre!
edit on 16-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

What stinks is that Iraq is leading the charge to do this. The US dethrones their scum dictator and now we get the shaft from the same people we freed. Oh hold on, should I be surprised about that??

Funny I don't remember the people of Iraq screaming for America to remove it's dictator. It's their oil they can do what they want with it and our prices wouldn't go up if we stopped exporting our own oil.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Funny I don't remember the people of Iraq screaming for America to remove it's dictator. It's their oil they can do what they want with it and our prices wouldn't go up if we stopped exporting our own oil.

Thats because all the "screamers" got shot in the back of the head and tossed into an open pit.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The new Iraqi Government is obviously a US puppet.

Meanwhile, has anybody seen these little recent tidbits?

U.S. to become biggest oil producer - IEA

Here Comes American OIL and There Goes Middle Eastern OIL

The Americas, Not the Middle East, Will Be the World Capital of Energy

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

meh.
We are rivaling Saudi Arabia and may even surpass them in being the largest producing oil country in the world.

Let them try to use that weapon and we won't sell to them.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Iraq envoy says won't propose Arab action vs Israel over Gaza
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:37am EST

www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/16/palestinians-israel-iraq-denial-idUSL5E8MGBRQ20121116

Nov 16 (Reuters) - Iraq's envoy to the Arab League said it would invite Arab states to use oil as a weapon to press for a halt to Israeli attacks on Gaza, but later appeared to withdraw the remark, saying Baghdad would make no particular proposal to a League meeting.

"The Iraqi representative to the Arab League Qais el-Azzawy denies that there is a proposal by Iraq to the Arab foreign ministers meeting tomorrow (Saturday) that will specifically look into the Israeli aggression on Gaza," Azzawy said in a statement emailed to Reuters by a media assistant.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The new Iraqi Government is obviously a US puppet.

Meanwhile, has anybody seen these little recent tidbits?

The Americas, Not the Middle East, Will Be the World Capital of Energy

They have till 2020 to pull it off. We are not there yet and I don't want to see that Evil happen anyway. That will just keep us oil dependent.

In the meantime, if these good folks in the middle east do this, it could hurt us bad. So bad in fact the the American people scream for more wind and solar plus other alternative forms of energy. That would be a win win for all of us and the US direction in oil could be changed way before 2020.

I fully support the middle east in this. We don't need to be backing Israel anyway, they always get us into trouble.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I think the opposite will happen. The americans wont be screaming over their gas they will be screaming for blood. We could punish the arabs by blockading their gulf and preventing food from coming in. Or better yet stop sending them aid and food and tel them eat the oil instead.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

against the United States because of its alliance with Israel

this

In other words, the Muslims would have no problem with the United States had it not been for Israel.

If someone from outside this planet comes down to earth and says 'okay show me one of your problems'; and we'll take him along and show him Israel-Palestine and we explain to him the whole history, the current issue and what we are doing to solve it; I bet he will go home, bring an army and occupy/enslave earth, because he realises the silliness and backwardness of the situation, from that moment he will know it will be a waste of time and resources to put the human race on the right road..

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
We've stolen enough oil to be well off for a long time. You think drugs are the only thing moving in underground tunnels?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Canada, the USA and Mexico contribute about 16% of the world's daily output. Toss in the natural gas produced as well and we could be energy independent in a few years so they better get to it than.

top topics

join