It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hostess Twinkie has been murdered by liberal trade unions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It just came out in the news (or at least I just heard about it myself) that Hostess brand (makers of the Hostess Twinkie) has now called it quits- after being squeezed and squeezed and squeezed by both liberal trade unions and and the compele halt in production in eleven plants from a union strike that ground production to a complete halt, they're announcing they're going out of business and moving toward liquidation

Huffington Post: Hostess Brand calling it quits!

We can surmise several things from this-

ONE: The Hostess Twinkie has been sold since forever, so it isn't the case that consumers spontaneously stopped buying them. Something else made the company unprofitable.

TWO: The Hostess company said that a large component of its overhead was in wages and benefits, which were set by their union. In this case it was the Teamsters, oen of the most liberal with other people's money unions there were to the point where even gangsters were siphoning off huge amounts of pension funds (remember Jimmy Hoffa?)

THREE: When the Hostess Company asked them to consider cutting wages in order to remain profitable and save jobs, the union ordered a strike what wound up shutting down ELEVEN plants.

Oh, and there's a FOURTH thing we can surmise: the union leaders calling for the strike were full time employees of the Teamsters. They're not the ones who lost their jobs by bringing production to a halt from a strike at eleven plants so they had nothing to lose personally.

This one two punch the liberal trade unions was simply too much for the Hostess company to survive, so they're calling it quits and the immortal Twinkies icon will soon be extinct. They say some eleven thousand jobs are going to be lost.

I'm sorry, but I'm calling it as I see it. These self serving liberal unions have literally destroyed this company, and I say LIBERAL because yes, it's only the liberals who've gotten the idea in their heads that we have the right to the pursuit of happiness, freedom, and a pension with medical and dental for life on the company's dime. I'm mentioning this here because again and again we're seeing this is part of an overall outlook by Democrat leaders in government where "corporations are expected to pay their fair share" while never quite saying what "their fair share" actually is. Democrats like Obama et al have decided the corporations should be a piggy bank that pays the bill for a never ending giving away of free money and gifts to buy Democrat votes (cough cough the union vote cough) and now we're starting to see how becuase of this, the party is about to end and the waiter is coming with the bill.

I want to ask what my fellow ATS posters think of this, because I can't believe I'm the only one who sees that there needs to be a balance between labor and management, and slavishly giving into self serving union demands is every bit as destructive to society as giving in to self serving management back in the 1800's.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This. All this.
Poor Tallahassee, he's gonna have even more trouble finding Twinkies now.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is nothing more than a tactical corporate strike against the workers.

I seriously doubt that Hostess is that unprofitable.

Just like Papa Johns and Olive Garden, the corporate shills are upset Obama won the election and punishing employees to make a point.

This has nothing to do with the bottom line of the company, but is intended to send a message to the working class American. The message?

Shut up and be happy you even have a job. Get a second, or third while your at it. Forget having time to go to school to get an even better job.

Companies are shooting themselves in the foot over labor disputes, and this is all because the people at the top are fearful of loosing their bonuses.

ETA: Big businesses have spent a LOT of money brainwashing the working class into supporting them. Many people on here even echo the same sentiments and mentality that the big corporations want you to parot.

There's enough to go around, assuming the CEO's/CFO's don't purchase that 11th Porche this year.
edit on 16-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Why is it, I can more easily accept, a nonexistant planet hiding behind the sun, coming to destroy planet Earth. Than, the end of Twinkies, a staple of my reality since I can remember.

The Mayans were wrong about 2012...it's not the end of the world....it's the end of Twinkies...

Just think, some of you when you are old, with the grandkids sitting at your knees, you'll be telling them of the good old days. The days of Twinkies...describing to them, those wonderful little loaves of marshmallow cream....

Des

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

its not brainwashing its simple mathematics...cant give you something for nothing for too long otherwise I go broke to...

The only issue I have is why not just close the striking factories and plants with Union workers... Close the plants and let them starve. Form a new company and sell the rights and property to the new company.. raid the Union pensions for every dime they have and put it towards a class action lawsuit against the Union... Breech of contract or some thing... tie it up in courts for years, returning the favor

Leave the plant thats are in union areas as collateral for the union to sue... pay no taxes on them... let the county collect the property and buy it at auction with the new company... turn them into a museum to the unions genius at managing negotiations...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Do not worry.
There is nothing to fear.
Good ol' Little Debbie is still here.

Personally, I've never even seen those↑ before, but I'm sure I will be seeing them in the near future. Little Debbie has always held a place in my heart......

Cloud Cakes

P.S. lol. I just now noticed the OP's user name, after typing 'Good Ol' Little Debbie'
A coincidence? I think not.
edit on 11/16/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yep, unions are so awesome!! How many people are now jobless?
Said it before and I'll say it again, they have outlived their usefulness and need to be destroyed!!!!

I would love someone to try to get the union in our company!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

I'm sorry, but I'm calling it as I see it. These self serving liberal unions have literally destroyed this company, and I say LIBERAL because yes, it's only the liberals who've gotten the idea in their heads that we have the right to the pursuit of happiness, freedom, and a pension with medical and dental for life on the company's dime. I'm mentioning this here because again and again we're seeing this is part of an overall outlook by Democrat leaders in government where "corporations are expected to pay their fair share" while never quite saying what "their fair share" actually is. Democrats like Obama et al have decided the corporations should be a piggy bank that pays the bill for a never ending giving away of free money and gifts to buy Democrat votes (cough cough the union vote cough) and now we're starting to see how becuase of this, the party is about to end and the waiter is coming with the bill.

Truer word have never been spoken. Dead on. Fire for effect.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Oh well. They made garbage anyway and sold it as "food". Not a big loss.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Some people call me an ahole. I'm cold hearted, I take no offense but I give plenty of it.

I am truly offended you would even think of comparing the stale, dry nastiness of Little Debbie with the mouthful of unhealthful awesomeness that a real Hostess Twinkie provides.

That was a real cold shot

edit on 16-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hostess has not been murdered by trade unions; they were murdered by poor sales. As a result of poor sales, Hostess had to cut employees pay in their new contract and the workers said "no thank you, we will seek employment elsewhere". This is how business die; when they offer products that are no longer in demand and refuse to develop new products to keep the business viable.

Hostess filed for bankruptcy in January, its second trip to bankruptcy court since 2004. It previously emerged from restructuring in 2009 after a four-and-a-half year process.

This sounds like a successful, well run, solvent company; huh?

Fear not Twinkies lovers, Hostess intends to auction off their assets and product licenses. Some other company will come along and supply the Twinkies for all of you ding-dongs.

Hostess will move to sell its assets to the highest bidder. That could mean new life for some of its most popular products, which could be scooped up at auction and attached to products from other companies.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Damn No zombieland 3 now?

Oh the humanity

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You have to ask yourself, how many people have been murdered by this GARBAGE posing as food? Do people even begin to realize how far this crap is from being real food? Sorry, I wont mourn it. I would rather mourn the people who have died from a lifetime of eating this kind of crap.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
You have to ask yourself, how many people have been murdered by this GARBAGE posing as food? Do people even begin to realize how far this crap is from being real food? Sorry, I wont mourn it. I would rather mourn the people who have died from a lifetime of eating this kind of crap.

Please...show me the stats on...death by Twinkie......

Des

edit on 16-11-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Salary Increases at Hostess

Some creditors question Hostess pay raises approved in late July.

Brian Driscoll, CEO, around $750,000 to $2,550,000
Gary Wandschneider, EVP, $500,000 to $900,000
John Stewart, EVP, $400,000 to $700,000
David Loeser, EVP, $375,000 to $656,256
Kent Magill, EVP, $375,000 to $656,256
Richard Seban, EVP, $375,000 to $656,256
John Akeson, SVP, $300,000 to $480,000
Steven Birgfeld, SVP, $240,000 to $360,000
Martha Ross, SVP, $240,000 to $360,000
Rob Kissick, SVP, $182,000 to $273,008

Maybe if the lazy blankety-blanks who sit on their backsides all day doing nothing didn't take so much the company could make a profit.

But sure blame it on the people making 10 bucks an hour working their butts off.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Little Debbie is in negotiations to buy the whole Hostess line. Do not fear the Twinkie brand will reappear.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Eighty-eight-year-old Lewis Browning of Shelbyville, Indiana, has eaten more than 21,000 Twinkies since 1941.

explore-magazine.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

Yes, blame the product for the actions of the consumer.

I assume you think guns murder people too and not the shooter right?

Can you provide the name and substantiating proof of a single person who was "murdered by a Twinkie"?

Quit being a Little Debbie Downer.
edit on 16-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This situation is being discussed here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!
edit on Fri Nov 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join