It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hostess, maker of Twinkies and Ding Dongs, says closing business

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

From my understanding, they aren't going back to the table (unless there has been an update). They are instead selling off rights to brands and other properties. So other makers will make some Hostess brands.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

From my understanding, they aren't going back to the table (unless there has been an update). They are instead selling off rights to brands and other properties. So other makers will make some Hostess brands.

The news here just reported they're going back to the table, so it may be a very, very recent update....CBS station

Very recent...less than 20 minutes old on the internet news feeds

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 19-11-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

well...eating a low carb diet, i don't have many opportunities to relive my youth with hostess products. But i am very happy that if i want a twinkie, that i might get to have one (and not some knock off).

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Wifey said we must bring a hostess gift to thanksgiving dinner.

But the twinkies and hohos are all sold out!

What to do??

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

no one ever buys these:

just use them. They are like the Creamed Corn of the Hostess Snack Cake world.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Oh, perfect....I love Cinnamon!

I hope I don't mess this up, first time she let me pick out the hostess gift...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

Oh, perfect....I love Cinnamon!

I hope I don't mess this up, first time she let me pick out the hostess gift...

Ba Doom Crash,,,,That old chestnut! Lol

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
yup, what the BigHairyTexan said

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I don't think we are. I refuse to call someone unskilled because they do not have a degree. I know too many people who do not have a degree and work in trades that I could never do. That takes skill.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If they negotiate a deal I wonder how the people who spent $500 on a box of twinkies will feel.
No I can imagine how they will feel.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl
If they negotiate a deal I wonder how the people who spent $500 on a box of twinkies will feel.

Like the gullible gluttons they are? You can make your own much cheaper, and you could even make them without the poison. Maybe this will force all the lazy fatties to learn to bake their own confections.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

People actually did?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I heard on the radio about this....

The company wants to sell off all the assets. That includes auctioning off the rights to there brand name. and licensing. When it's auctioned off any company that buys the rights can then being makeing Twinkies and other in any country they wish. So likely mexico or china or something. Possibly even Canada as we already bought our rights to make those products. So we won't experience any change in product availability. and we might even start selling to the US. Again you're not gonna spend 360,000 per hour when you can spend 5000 per hour in wages overseas (that's all the workers combine) .

because.....a monkey could make a twinky!...... Again there's not gonna be hardly any change in product availability anywhwere. They'll always be twinkey an wonderbread, both a staple of the you-es poisoning.
edit on 20-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthOej

People actually did?

Damn. And I just finished talking about American stereotypes on another thread too.
Haha.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess117

Thats funny......

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I heard on the radio about this....

The company wants to sell off all the assets. That includes auctioning off the rights to there brand name. and licensing. When it's auctioned off any company that buys the rights can then being makeing Twinkies and other in any country they wish. So likely mexico or china or something. Possibly even Canada as we already bought our rights to make those products. So we won't experience any change in product availability. and we might even start selling to the US. Again you're not gonna spend 360,000 per hour when you can spend 5000 per hour in wages overseas (that's all the workers combine) .

because.....a monkey could make a twinky!...... Again there's not gonna be hardly any change in product availability anywhwere. They'll always be twinkey an wonderbread, both a staple of the you-es poisoning.

If this happens I will never buy a hostess brand cake again.

I still have not bought a pair of Levis jeans. And I never will

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Trust me there's no "if it happens". You don't throw away a 80 yr old brand very easy. All that needs to happen is it's restructured. Canada already owns it's rights to Hostess. And we'll sell to the US, so there's problem solved to a large degree. But even are wages aren't competitive enough. they need to go to mexico or china. As for me I don't support any brands. I go with what saves me the most money. Give me cheap china knock off any day. I'm gonna have to make a twinky run today ha ha

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Interesting piece from "The Nation", courtesy of the Toronto Star...seems to say it all...Vulture capitalism ate your Hostess Twinkies

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I don't think we are. I refuse to call someone unskilled because they do not have a degree. I know too many people who do not have a degree and work in trades that I could never do. That takes skill.

I don't disagree with you. I have no degree. I dropped out my freshman year. My job title is "Controller". I am a finance and hr director in charge of a large budget and workforce. I would hardly call myself "unskilled".

"training" is not college. Training is just that: teaching someone. And it can be done on the job, or in college classrooms, or just via continuing education programs. A degree is just one type of training.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

THANK YOU!!

That was going to be my next point. What the execs are doing is deliberate. They all raised their salaries, the cEO by 300%, then threaten to liquidate the company, all at the employees expense, that IS vulture capitalism at its best, and this isn't the first time this tactic has been used.

But everyone will jump on the bandwagon that god forbid, people negotiate for their jobs, and blame the unions and employees for ruining the company. Yet people don't realize how screwed many American employees already are. but they want to take us back to the 1900s where you only have to pay an employee a nickel, and have them die on the job, so they can kill off someone else's family member, so 3 white guys can be rich.

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join