It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Succession Petitions Total Only 100K signatures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Unfortunately for those of you who are getting over excited about the petitions on WH.gov that are calling for succeeding from the union I have some bad facts for you.

On the WH.gov petition site 1 person can sign multiple petitions.

1 person can sign all the petitions listed if they wish..

So the total of people who have signed the petitions asking for succession is only about 100k

The way I came to this number is by using the state with the most signatures so far

Texas

Texas has right around 100k signatures

Lets assume each person who signed the Texas one also signed one for all the other states.

The grand total possible of people who have so far signed at least 1 petition is 100k

Do the algebra if you are capable of doing that.

Sorry about the sad news.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Mathematically possible but logically insane.

Why would 100,000 people sign petitions outside of their state. I get that a few may be insane enough to do so, but what would be the point.

To add some real logic, if that was the case then why are not all the petitions at 100,00 signatories.

What sad news. You think that this is what is happening. Well, I have some sad news for you.

P

edit on 16/11/2012 by pheonix358 because: error

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

The fact is that not very many people have signed the petitions.

100 thousand signatures total for all states is not enough.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
WOW

P

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

Well even if you had 100,000 unique signatures from every state, it is still a very small percent of the total population. I don't see any of these states actually trying to leave. I just see this as a symbolic 'we're madder than hell and we're not going to take it anymore' kinda thing.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
You do realize thats 100k sigs in a week or so right? Troll or not, that's impressive.

anything good ever started...started with 1...

multiply that 100,000 times....

FYI, SECESSION, not Succession.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CigaretteMan
reply to post by pheonix358

The fact is that not very many people have signed the petitions.

100 thousand signatures total for all states is not enough.

50 states and that's the best you can come up with ?

let's just say for fun ... a mere 10,000 state residents signed their own state petitions and no others.
just those signers alone account for 500,000 legitimate signatures + the other 90,000 already on record for TX
... man, you is funny ...
... thanks for the chuckle !

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CigaretteMan

let me guess, u r a product of the American education system, i feel for ya buddy me, too. saying that, i took algebra twice in high school, and twice in college, bottom line im no good at it, i finally passed with an B on the forth time around, and i had a girl in class help me get there. but even then i can see your statement is full of fuzzy math, and dellusion. please prove my statement wrong, and my lack of math skills poor, as they always have been.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
As long as you're making assumptions:

Let's assume that ALL of the petitioners reside in the state and only signed one petition one time in that state and no others. Maybe a few hundred tortured souls felt compelled to sign all the petitions in all the states and can be "thrown out" of the tally. The last number quoted for total signatures across all 50 states was over 675,000.
No one really believes there will be any secession (except maybe Texas) - but my interest is in the final tally.
Whatever the total comes to will send a message - depending on what that total number results will determine how strong a message is sent.

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

join