It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ALL SEEING EYE does not equal the ILLUMINATI!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
When the All Seeing Eye makes an appearance, a lot of people associate it with the Illuminati. There is no evidence out there to support this claim by said people.

Before i begin, it must be noted that the Illuminati did infiltrate the Freemasons in the early years of its creation. Masonic teachings were also incorporated into those of the Illuminati. With this being said, the Illuminati has never been officially associated with the All Seeing Eye.

We can trace the All Seeing Eye's origins back to Egypt's Eye of Horus:

The Eye of Horus was generally described as a:

symbol of protection, royal power and good health.

As you can see, the Eye of Horus was used as a protective symbol. Horus, through his eye, would watch over the people of Egypt and keep them from harm.

Moving on...

The All Seeing Eye that you all know of actually appeared in early Renaissance Christian art. For example:

The triangle is a representation of the Holy Trinity, while the eye is that of God's. Effectively, this symbol states that God is always watching over us.

This symbol was later adopted by Freemasonry in conjunction with their early version of the All Seeing Eye:

A depiction of their initial version (Still mostly used):

A depiction of their later version (Occasionally used):

The All Seeing Eye which is located on the back of the American $1 Dollar Bill does not have anything to do with the Freemasons or Illuminati, as no member of either group was involved in the conclusive design:

Generally, it is believed that this version represents God watching over the building of a new nation. With the Pyramid representing the USA, and the eye, God.

Through analysing this evolution of the All Seeing Eye, it is apparent that it didn't have much to do with the Illuminati, if ever.

It can be argued that the Illuminati may have secretly adopted the All Seeing Eye, but the very definition goes against the beliefs of the Illuminati, who at the height of the enlightenment era, preferred knowledge (enlightenment) over a blind belief in a supreme being. This, in conjunction with no real evidence suggests that the All Seeing Eye is not, and never was an Illuminati symbol. It wasn't a Freemason symbol originally either (as has been pointed out)...

Thanks for reading.

Sources:

freemasonry.bcy.ca...
freemasonry.bcy.ca...
freemasonry.bcy.ca...
symboldictionary.net...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16-11-2012 by daaskapital because: sources

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Alan Parsons feels left out of this equation....

edit on 16-11-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
- Removed by user-

I did not read the OP properly and made in inappropriate comment,

edit on 16/11/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
- Removed by user-

I did not read the OP properly and made in inappropriate comment,

edit on 16/11/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

I was halfway in replying to your initial comment

No matter.

Thanks for reading though!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

What do you guys think? The music gets irritating at times.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

What do you guys think? The music gets irritating at times.

It refers from my point of view to the third eye chakra. The reason they say it is in the forehead is because there are nerve-endnings there that can twitch or feel things when it is active. You can see it as a two way transiver built into the brain that can send and receive information and see things by altering chemicals in the brain if the unconsicous and ego mind allow it.

To the op. EN-LIGHT-MENT means from my point being in the light and is a physical change. You can be a fool or wise being in the light. The term Enlightenment as questioning things are not right not right by my thinking. Are you wise because you can be in a dark room or a light room? You can be the wisest person on the planet and still no be enlightened. EN-LIGHT-MENT can bring wisdom if the person recieves it seeks it. But it is like having a tool/flashlight to be able to see things in the dark.

edit on 16-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Interesting as years ago I found an Eye of Horus symbol in the roads of Gravesend, Kent UK. It's opposite Tibury fort.

maps.google.co.uk...:0x9251e76476201559,Kent&gl=uk&ei=-PumUN-KCMbM0QWYtIHYBQ&sq i=2&ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA

If the link doesn't work, it is on the A226 Milton road, Gravesend.

Thanks for clearing that up, as I had issues with it, as in confusion.

new topics

top topics

join