It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange feeling when in certain new places.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So I will need to explain what happens and hopefully someone can tell me what it might be.
It is a feeling I get when in certain interesting new places often when thinking about who was there before me, the easiest way to explain it is to give an example.

So one of the places was an abandoned gun emplacement on a hill, lots of tagging on everything. It was my first time there and I was allowed to go for a walk around by myself. It was nice and quiet and my feeling was interested/curious/uneasy/cautious. I would look at the tags and imagine each person spraying it and try to think of how they felt being there and what they were doing. I looked at the ashes of a fire lit in a corner, imagined the people who lit it and what they were doing and feeling. I did this for broken bottles, empty spray cans and anything that I could think about or imagine it's history. I'm not sure why I do this, it's kind of a curiosity I guess. Often when the area I am in is quiet and I can look at a few different new things and I mix my feelings of being in that area with the feelings I imagine the people there before me had I get a really strange feeling that is hard to describe. It seems as if my vision is no longer my main sense and my main sense is feeling. It kind of hits me through my whole body, almost like I am connecting with the place I am in but it is very brief, maybe a couple of seconds and it does not give me any specific feeling, just an odd feeling.

Other times, for example entering a new strange house the feeling will hit me without even imagining or even thinking and it is more pronounced and lasts longer but I can't place my finger on the specific feeling, just a strange connected sort of feeling.

I have had a similar experience in an abandoned hospital nurses quarter, the same hospitals bathroom, an old house, entering peoples houses for the first time etc.

Appreciate any constructive ideas on what this could be

edit on 15-11-2012 by Dontrunwithknives because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hi, is it ok to ask have you got a mental history and do you take anti psychotics for any condition or have you ever used any drugs and if its ok how old are you? thanks bye.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I love going to antique shops. I mean, there are vintage Christmas cards. Someone picked out the card and sent it to someone years and years ago. Then there are old photographs of people. I wonder if they were happy people and had happy lives. I see objects and I wonder about the types of people who owned them. Someone slept in that bad. Someone used that mixing bowl to make a cake maybe. It is really odd to just look at the objects. Someone read this old book and someone played with this old toy. I just know these things were used and maybe even loved by someone at one time. It is a strange feeling just looking at the things. Most of it looks like junk to most people but some people just love stuff like that. Antique shops just have a feel and even a smell to them. There is a musky smell. It is like cedar and dust and mothballs, but you smell it you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dontrunwithknives

I'm the same. Especially if it has a scent to it. Something that takes you back somewhere else. Like you mentally shift to that reality, and suddenly this feels wrong..

I'm sensitive to that, especially with meds, too high a dose for some things makes it almost debilitating.

I always get it moving into a new home, or when I used to deliver furniture, delivering to the elderly. lol something about the things that have, left in place for decades, just grabs my senses..

ehh im probly just a nutcase tho!! haha

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hatchetman78
Hi, is it ok to ask have you got a mental history and do you take anti psychotics for any condition or have you ever used any drugs and if its ok how old are you? thanks bye.

No mental history, no anti psychotics and I don't use drugs. I'm a 21 year old male and I'm a soldier (no I have not been deployed, and the job is not stressful or anything like that).

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It is like nostalgia but different. It isn't Deja Vu either. There should be a name for it. It is a curiousity and a connection type feeling. Maybe a bit of longing for what was, something you will never know. I mean, I think of all the little Mayberry Willowby type little towns and I sort of long for them. I do live in a small Southern town already. I mean nothing really terribly exciting happens and it is mostly peaceful. But not always. There are some people with guns out there and now and then someone does get murdered. There are break ins and rapes and stuff even here.

But a while back people really did mostly leave their doors unlocked and people could trust their neighbors. There were people who you could do business with, just a handshake would seal the deal. I mean, it did exist once.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Is it kind of like this?

Saudade

Saudade is the recollection of feelings, experiences, places or events that once brought excitement, pleasure, well-being, which now triggers the senses and makes one live again. It can be described as an emptiness, like someone (e.g., one's children, parents, sibling, grandparents, friends, pets) or something (e.g., places, things one used to do in childhood, or other activities performed in the past) should be there in a particular moment is missing, and the individual feels this absence.

Or more like this:

Sehnsucht

Sehnsucht represents thoughts and feelings about all facets of life that are unfinished or imperfect, paired with a yearning for ideal alternative experiences. It has been referred to as “life’s longings”; or an individual’s search for happiness while coping with the reality of unattainable wishes. Such feelings are usually profound, and tend to be accompanied by both positive and negative feelings. This produces what has often been described as an ambiguous emotional occurrence.

edit on 16-11-2012 by OuttaHere because: typos

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dontrunwithknives

Sorry to ask those questions i dont know i just thought you sounded depressed or something i know when i was your age i was depressed but back then i didnt know what it was i just didnt want to talk about it and i was subscribed anti psychotics till now but about 5 years ago i was told that i was depressed i feel so much better with this medication do you ever feel confused or get distracted by anything because i have a younger brother and he seems to be doing all the things that i did when i was young and you know if i had the chance to relive that time i would and would not do be hanging out with my mates in all hours of the night and that i have found my spot in the world i am 34 years old now and think that i went through some of the worst expiriences when i was you i didnt pick well and i never asked the questions i should have.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Maybe I just explained it badly but winofiend sounds closest to what I am experiencing. Particularly the part about "Like you mentally shift to that reality" because it does kind of feel like a shift. I guess part of the shifting feeling comes from sight no longer being your main sense at that particular time, instead it is replaced by a feeling of connection to the location. And it is not my thoughts and imagining about the past and people that create the feeling, doing that just seems to tune in my feelings and trigger the connected feeling. I am happy you seem to have similar experience winofiend
and thanks for the other replies. Does anyone have any other ideas?
edit on 16-11-2012 by Dontrunwithknives because: fix

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I have had experiences like this my entire life.

Only in the last few years was I introduced to the theory of Ley Lines. This Earth grid would explain why some places feel different to others. Also, if our frequencies are vibrating out of sync with surrounding frequencies that would give somewhat of an explanation to these sensations. I am very intrigued by the idea of Ley Lines and it just makes sense. If we are stimulated by energy than the Earth would be too.

Also I believe places can "record" energies and this may be what we are experiencing as well.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
so you get a strange feeling when you enter abandoned gun emplacements, strange houses and abandoned hospitals?
that called being normal.
if you didn't feel strange then you might have reason to worry.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Interesting, thanks for your post.

top topics

join