It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After GMO Labeling Shot Down, Citizens Start Labeling Products Themselves.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bumpufirst
reply to post by NavyDoc

how about the people that dont want to get ill and die eating this stuff ,yet dont know what they are eating?and the so called authority to look over these issues are not doing their job? if they did their job properly with ethics and moral standards,people wouldnt be seeking alternatives to protect the rest of the people.who is vandalizing again?
edit on 16-11-2012 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)
every so often my wife goes buy something comes home eats it just to find out it made her sick ,when i look into it,sure enough its a gmo.this stuff is no joke, people think its a slow death i beg to differ.

So if I don't like how you do something and justify it in my own mind, I can label the side of your house with a can of spraypaint?

Thus far, the evidence>>>>>>the hysteria concerning GMO foods.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sure, you can put a sticker on items to alert people to the fact the food they are eating may or may not contain GMO. And little Johnny can get tasered by a dimwitted PSO in an attempt to arrest him for vandalism. But really......the people who care and take an interest in their food's origin ALREADY KNOW that 99.9% of ALLLL the foods in ALLLLL the grocery stores are not organic and contain GMO's. So why not target the violators that claim to sell organic foods but don't?

The best place to hit anyone is in the pocket book. Stop buying from the grocery stores. Shop organic and co-op. If you claim it's too expensive, then don't bitch when you already know that Teddy Grahams are a GMO product and you choose to buy and eat them anyway. What good is a label telling you they contain GMO going to do? You are shopping with your pocket book instead of your real wealth...your health.

Really, if I were Kraft foods or any other company that sold food with GMO ingredients, I would put a disclaimer on all my products stating "May or may not contain GMO ingredients. Buyer discretion is advised." This puts the ball back in the consumer's hands, because that is where it belongs. We know, we choose. The people who don't know, don't care. When they start caring, they start researching and they find out the ugly truths. They act....as in NOT buying the crap and shopping wisely.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

i Suggested that before in a thread saying if prop 37 fails someone should make an app where you can scan a bar-code and find out if it has GMO.

Non GMO producers could also actively label themselves as non GMO. so if you dont see the GMO free label you can assume it has GMO products

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

well if you were going around breaking into peoples homes robbing their stuff and the polise did nothing.yes ,that would be a good point to start at.letting people know who you are and were to find their stuff. "based on your comparisons". is that correct? just hysteria and no evidence? whats your proof of that?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpiderMonkey

that is a verry good solution as well and some educative info about the gmo foods and their health risk.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet
reply to post by jude11

they're definitely going to get kicked off the property when management realizes whats going on. their best bet after getting the boot would be to peacefully hand out flyers with a list of products containing anything GMO. no one can do anything about that as long as they are on public property. well, at least for now.

And how many pages of flyers would that require you think?? Would have to hand out a giant book with thousands of pages then.
And who the heck cares if they get kicked out?? This is about our health and freedom to choose. If you are such a coward then just don't do it. It is time we stop obeying such totalitarian laws especially ones that harms our health and the health of our children.

If everyone stood up we could easily change the system, but sadly the world is full of cowards who rather bury their head in the sand and pretend everything is ok.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

the place to get people is not in their money,wrong!,its in their food supply.and its a no brainer why this stuff is hapening.regardless of how you want to look at it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think a large-scale plan to deface someone else's property and trying to damage their profitability will alienate a lot more fence-sitters than it will attract.

The folks who envision doing this (vandalizing groceries on the shelves) are failing to learn the EXACT SAME LESSON that the capitalist genetic modifiers don't understand:

The end justifies the means; but the means condition the end

Trying to manipulate the public's image of those products is EXACTLY what makes corporate advertizing so evil--you are hoping to manipulate the minds of the public. A losing game. It is tactics like this one that are advocated by an agent provocateur who is trying to discredit a movement. Trying to make you look even more fringe.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator
Although I would love for GMO's to be labeled, this idea doesn't make that much sense.

How can ordinary people that didn't inspect righteously the product could identify it with having gmo's in the first place?

Not that I am one of them, but, there are many people out there who are very concerned about these things who also have the knowledge of where grains et. come from for certain companies. I would imagine it's all about following the paper trail from the seed supplier to the farmer to the food co. ( and/or reading the manufacturer signs at the edge of the crop fields)

That being said, there is always a chance of mislabelling but I would think most people concerned about this would accept a mislabel over the alternative of trusting a profit-at-all-cost company to label it's own products.

I do not have information on what is IN the products in terms of GMO but here is a quote with the essential information for produce along with a link to the full article (which is not much longer than the quote). I did find a PLU code chart late last year for all produce in North America but am unable to find it atm. If I do, I'll edit and add the link.

GMO Guide

The next time you are shopping (or peeling the stickers off your produce) look for the following[1]:
A 4 digit PLU code - an indication that produce is conventionally grown (potentially sprayed with synthetic pesticides).
A 5 digit PLU code starting with the number 9 - an indication that produce is organically grown (refer to my blog post "Are Organic Products Worth the Hefty Price Tag" for 10 reasons why you may want to consider organic products the next time you are shopping).
A 5 digit PLU code starting with the number 8 - an indication that produce is genetically modified (and potentially sprayed with synthetic pesticides).

Let's put this into context!

The 4 digit code 4589 may be used to identify conventionally grown sweet corn.
The 5 digit code 94589 may be used to identity organically grown sweet corn.
The 5 digit code 84589 may be used to identify genetically modified sweet corn.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

well if you were going around breaking into peoples homes robbing their stuff and the polise did nothing.yes ,that would be a good point to start at.letting people know who you are and were to find their stuff. "based on your comparisons". is that correct? just hysteria and no evidence? whats your proof of that?

Hard to read your post due to lack of grammar, punctuation, and spelling but I will give it a shot.

The anology fails because you have a choice to consume GMO foods or not. No one is forcing you to do anything.

Sorry, the way science works is that claims require evidence. The claims of GMO foods being deadly (apart from the unheathy nature of many of the products using them) are not proven nor have a rational scientific background. I've yet to see one of these GMO posts present any physiological reason how they could cause damage except...you know...they have "genetic and stuff" in the name.

Web MD has a rather reasoned approach to the subject:
www.webmd.com...

(Of course the answer will be that there is an AMA-big pharma-grey alien conspiracy to cover it up.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I voted Yes on prop 37, and I absolutely believe GMO foods should be labled. Monsanto and Co. are the "blight" of the Earth...sadley the reason I believe it didn't pass in CA was because the law was going to cause "collateral" damage...the law was written poorly, I believe by design...so if it passed it was going to leave small business and farms vulnerable to harrassment and frivolous lawsuits.

There was also a huge "fear" campaign that the cost of food would increase drastically if companies were "burdened" to label foods. My take on that is that the companies realised if they used and labled GMO's in thier products there profits and sales would likely drop...so they were either going to have to raise prices OR don't use GMO's.....which is what I would like to see happen.......

The only thing that will change this I fear is when, like cigarrettes, people are able to PROVE those products are hazzardous and companies selling them get thier butts sued to such a devestating level the companies have to label thier products to cover the liability of being sued.

Tobacco companies played this same game for years until it became SO Obvious the health impacts were so serious that thier bogus "experts" couldn't deny it any longer. I think there is plenty of evidence that GMO foods are unhealthy for humans, animals, and the Earth.....but the problems they cause are are "suppossedly" unknown, which is exactely why they shouldn't be used...and if they are SO Safe, why not label them?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
opps

edit on 16-11-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

the place to get people is not in their money,wrong!,its in their food supply.and its a no brainer why this stuff is hapening.regardless of how you want to look at it.

I'm referring to the food manufacturers and the grocers, that's who you hit in the pocket book. If most everyone quit buying GMO products and only purchased organic, the food manufacturers wouldn't sell them! It's called supply and demand.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

I'm referring to the food manufacturers and the grocers, that's who you hit in the pocket book. If most everyone quit buying GMO products and only purchased organic, the food manufacturers wouldn't sell them! It's called supply and demand.

Yeah, but that is evil capitalism and cannot be permitted to stand!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar

I think a large-scale plan to deface someone else's property and trying to damage their profitability will alienate a lot more fence-sitters than it will attract.

The folks who envision doing this (vandalizing groceries on the shelves) are failing to learn the EXACT SAME LESSON that the capitalist genetic modifiers don't understand:

The end justifies the means; but the means condition the end

Trying to manipulate the public's image of those products is EXACTLY what makes corporate advertizing so evil--you are hoping to manipulate the minds of the public. A losing game. It is tactics like this one that are advocated by an agent provocateur who is trying to discredit a movement. Trying to make you look even more fringe.

Ok, I see your point but what is YOUR solution?

When people use violence...it's frowned upon and a cry for a non-violent approach is raised.

When people don't use violence, it's manipulation? Still a negative.

What's left?

Just shut up, do nothing and maybe it'll all go away?

I don't understand where you are on this.

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I don't know what we do anymore ? The FDA is corrupt, bought and paid for by Monsanto and Co. The 32+ million dollars spent to defeat prop 37 is very telling to me...WHY? We have already agreed as a society we want our food labeled...if this is so harmless what's the problem?

GMO foods are better then Mother Nature, who can believe such nonscence? It will take nothing less for me then to have anyone claiming these foods are safe being given a lie detector test...without it I don't believe a word they say.....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

edit on 16-11-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

well , i see,with all the spelling and gramma you have,you still fail miserably in making a valid point of any value.i read your link and it doesnt help you ether.but continue on in your ideal and,believe what you dream up cause after all ,your link states it,(there is no guarranty). private researchers in health in many countrys and in usa found a diferent story. whats your angle? this quote from you ( The anology fails because you have a choice to consume GMO foods or not. No one is forcing you to do anything) is this correct with out proper labels? hmmmm,ok! ,_.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

now you guys are talking out of your hearts,money!,the common language of a few. some of us value other things.i wonder if monsanto is hiring.you two are in line with the companys ideals.money,power, agendas and what ever else they can muster up to the ego. cause it aint about making more food for the world.look at the picture of that kid on diet.
gramma spelling,?,o yes! comprehention,

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I dislike this tactic entirely. It's cruel for the store to have to remove all those stickers and damage the product. It's bad for business to have stickers with skulls on their product. And to the person saying that the stores are criminals. They're not. There is no law saying they have to label the products they sell with GMOs. It's up to the store to decide if they want to do that or not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join