It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought that President Bush was causing more unemployment....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by elevatedone

nah not really.... more of an anti Kerry thread

Its good to know this is all a joke to you.

okay, if that's what you really think.....

I was just making fun of you saying it's a pro-Bush thread...

You have no idea, how close to home the unemployment issue hits with me... it's very serious and I do take it to heart....

I personally am okay.... I have a job, a good one and am very thankful for it.

I have people very close to me affected by unemployment, one or two by choice ( laziness ) and others who didn't have a choice...

Very serious issue...

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

How is it not? Its in the title. 50% of things you say is Pro-Bush, cant hide it. You say you are anti-kerry, that makes you by default pro-bush. Unless you are a lib, and you are clearly not that.

I never said I knew anything about your life. I was commenting on all the LOL, I am always leary of people that smile everytime they see you.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
okay - GrndLkNatv so you can find someones attempt at witticism online.
Do you have a point to make?
Or is this conversaton just too far over your head?
Don't feel bad, most people worldwide have very lttle understanding of how economies work but at the same time why post something so old and pointless?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The only economy we have generated these days is by war, and the only new jobs created in this country are by war, not new technology.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
there is nothing over my head.. Jesuit education has made sure of that.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   

How is it not? Its in the title. 50% of things you say is Pro-Bush, cant hide it. You say you are anti-kerry, that makes you by default pro-bush. Unless you are a lib, and you are clearly not that.

I never said I knew anything about your life. I was commenting on all the LOL, I am always leary of people that smile everytime they see you.

To be honest, I don't claim to be Repub, Demo or Lib... I usually just vote my heart.... I listen to the issues and try to make up my mind on what I think is right... if that makes me a whatever... then so be it...

I can't help it if you don't like the fact that I laugh things off... that's just me, I'd rather laugh about something than argue with somebody... life is too short , I'm going to laugh and enjoy it.. regarless of unemployment and who our President is...

[edit on 28-10-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Find the transcript, or I will.

If you don't follow Lou...the last real journalist, he champions the causes of workers nightly keeping a list of Benedict Arnold outsourcing companies.

The report last night?

It has been revealed in a new study that half...HALF...50% of ALL JOBS CREATED UNDER BUSH...went to new immigrants. CRAP JOBS AT HALF THE RATES OF THE 90's.

And of those, half...HALF...ANOTHER 50% went to illegals.

The converse being true, of course, that all unemployment figures are disproportionately increasing for native Americans (not the indian kind).

I've done the research myself in US Employment data a while ago. This confirms it. The worst thing to be (regarding employment) under this President is an EDUCATED WHITE AMERICAN MALE.

Most of which will vote against their own self interests Nov 2. :shk:

[edit on 28-10-2004 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

To be honest, Scary language to me, make me assume you have been lying.

I don't claim to be Repub, Demo or Lib...
Do we need to count the threads that you where Pro-Bush in?

I usually just vote my heart.... Your heart is really telling you Bush is the man for the Job?

I listen to the issues and try to make up my mind on what I think is right... if that makes me a Lib then so be it... OK?

I can't help it if you don't like the fact that I laugh things off... You always put words in my mouth, i didnt say I didnt like it, I said I was leary.

that's just me, I'd rather laugh about something than argue with somebody... life is too short , I'm going to laugh and enjoy it..
More power to you.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It has been revealed in a new study that half...HALF...50% of ALL JOBS CREATED UNDER BUSH...went to new immigrants. CRAP JOBS AT HALF THE RATES OF THE 90's.

well since 8,000 per day are coming across the border to find a job... that makes sense, they come here wanting to work, when a lot of good -ole Americans don't want to work....

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv

this was the picture of President Bush and the priceless ad joke... FYI

proof please ? Please don't quote that lady from her book accusing him of it either...

[edit on 28-10-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The only economy we have generated these days is by war, and the only new jobs created in this country are by war, not new technology.

I would have to disagree GrndLkNatv, and since I have personally provided first round funding for several companies based in Florda which has allowed them to hire several hundred new employees (mainly programmers and engineers) I would know. Yes the federal government has created 800,000+ new government jobs but very few of them were in the armed services, most in fact were in law enforcement and intelligent with the rest being mainly clerical.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
"Yes the federal government has created 800,000+ new government jobs but very few of them were in the armed services, most in fact were in law enforcement and intelligent with the rest being mainly clerical."

Government jobs or more military type jobs, you said it yourself. BTW, it's intelligence not intelligent and if you were, you would have known. Why would we need more intelligence jobs if we weren't at war?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Find the transcript, or I will.

If you don't follow Lou...the last real journalist, he champions the causes of workers nightly keeping a list of Benedict Arnold outsourcing companies.

Rant do you honestly believe John Kerry or for that matter anyone is going to stop or even put a dent into outsourcing?
Do you honestly believe his so called tax loophole closing scheme is going to make one whit of difference?
In truth you could levy a 25% tax increase on any company outsourcing and it would still be cheaper for them to move jobs overseas.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   

To be honest, Scary language to me, make me assume you have been lying.

I don't claim to be Repub, Demo or Lib...
Do we need to count the threads that you where Pro-Bush in?

I usually just vote my heart.... Your heart is really telling you Bush is the man for the Job?

I listen to the issues and try to make up my mind on what I think is right... if that makes me a Lib then so be it... OK?

I can't help it if you don't like the fact that I laugh things off... You always put words in my mouth, i didnt say I didnt like it, I said I was leary.

that's just me, I'd rather laugh about something than argue with somebody... life is too short , I'm going to laugh and enjoy it..
More power to you.

[edit on 28-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

Fair enough...

1- I don't lie... ever. I know you have no way of knowing that, I just hope that you'll take my word for it. I hate liars.

2- Just because some of my threads are pro- President Bush, doesn't make me a Republican.... does it

3- my heart tells me that President Bush is a better man for the job over Sen. Kerry.

4- I apologize, you did say leary... my bad.

it's all good though..... I don't take it personal and hope that you don't either

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Government jobs or more military type jobs, you said it yourself. BTW, it's intelligence not intelligent and if you were, you would have known. Why would we need more intelligence jobs if we weren't at war?

Oh no I made a typo GASP
Why would we need more intelligence jobs?
You are kidding right.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

well since 8,000 per day are coming across the border to find a job... that makes sense, they come here wanting to work, when a lot of good -ole Americans don't want to work....

That's partially true, but mostly just insulting (IMO). An educated, middle aged, trained software engineer )or trained whatever) that used to pull $70k+ now stuck with no job, no prospects, children, a mortgage, insurance cobra payments out of his own pocket or no insurance at all, heat bills, food bills and the rising cost of everything..."doesn't want to work"?

Should he stand on the street corner with illegals and compete for $5 an hour and still lose everything since he can't keep up? Is this Bush's recovery plan?

These people exist. Hard working good people stuck in a trap with no escape. They are not lazy. They don't not want to work.

They want their dignity back. Implying they are lazy doesn't help that cause or Bush's in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The only reason we are hiring more intelligence people is to protect us, which in tern is caused by us being at war in the middle east, which means we spend more tax dollars, at the same time we are taking in less due to the presidents policies. Am I wrong?

www.anotherperspective.org...
BTW,
check out these statistics:

What are the chances of you dying today by slipping on a bar of soap in the bath tub?

1 in 10,455 of dying in your bathtub

What are the chances of you dying today in a terrorist attack?

1 in 88,000 of a terrorist attack
1 in 1,500,000 of a terrorist-caused shopping mall disaster assuming one such incident a week and you shop two hours a week
1 in 55,000,000 in a terrorist-caused plane disaster assuming one such incident a month and you fly once a month ( 1 )

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Rant -

no no, I agree with you on your last statement...

again, I'm talking about the Americans who really don't want to work...

Is there a way to find out the number of unemployed people who used to have "career" jobs or good paying jobs... etc...

are people who have never worked, disabled - handicapped, etc in the unemployment figures ?

Is there any way of really knowing the truth in unemployment numbers ?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yes you are, on so many levels wrong GrndLkNatv.
The reasons we are hiring so many intelligence (did I make a typo again?) officers are multiple.
During the 90's the CIA severly downsized its human intelligence assets in favor of electronic intelligence assets. The problem of course being that while satelites are great at spotting large troop movements and intercepting communications, they are next to useless at getting information about the types of threats we are facing today, namely low tech terorists. The only way to find and infiltrate terrorist cells is to put people on the ground who understand thier culture language and customs. In addition since most of our intellgence apparatus was stll functioning under a cold war modality most of the officers still employed while perfect for infiltration of european societies were exactly wrong for arab and asian societies.
Second we were attacked before we went to war.
Finally whle the federal government is taking in less due to the presidents tax cuts the economy is takng in more. The government is a black hole of wasted dollars and the less that goes to it the better off we all are.
When the government takes one dollar from you in taxes it creates at best 20-25 cents worth of equivalent private sector services, whereas every dollar you spend creates 3-4 dollars of usable income for the economy at large.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join