It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox anchor suspended for calling Maddow an angry young man

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The suspension was spot on as was the observation....

Quick note: it was a local affiliate of Fox news, not the cable network itself.

Other than that, good call, but well deserved suspension.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am confused. Isn't this the look she is going for? I would have thought it would have been some sort of compliment for her. Anyways, I'm so sick of the PC police. People are way to thin skinned now days. Get over it and move on with your life.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Everyone knows that Lindsay Gramm is an angry old lesbian.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
that was hilarious.

if anyone else had made the comment, nothing would have been done. but because it was a "figure head" it wasnt PC enough. i would get some online scoldings if i made the remark, but nothing would happen. but because shes in the public view she cant speak her mind. BS.

good for her.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
I'm guessing the average age of all the negative posters in this thread is, what, maybe 13? If not, then you folks have some serious growing up to do.

Which ones are the negative posters? The ones saying, "what's the big deal," or the ones saying, "that is horrible and he should be fired!" I think the outraged posters are the negative ones, but since you threw out the age thing, I'm guessing you feel the others are the negative posters?
edit on 16-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

What? A Fox news person got suspended for telling the truth?

You sound surprised. You KNOW telling the truth is against their policy.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm

Originally posted by drock905
Ats used to be a fairly progressive website, it was filled with open-minded members who tried to make this place something special.

I don't know when the change happened but it has become overwhelmed with ignorant, xenophobic, rasict, homophobic and religious nuts.

Fortunately Democratic Underground is still open for those who want "progressive" BS.

Why dont you check that one out since you already included most of their typical buzz words in a single sentence.

Everything I said is true and you know it (maybe not since you're new) This site has gone down hill. I could care less what the anchor said, it's the responses that are so off putting. This site used to be very less judgmental and have much less bickering between groups.

I get The impression that the people that have joined recently want America to return to some make believe version of the 1950's that never existed, seriously think about what this tread is about, a woman has short hair so she looks like a guy? Really? This is what this site has turned into?
edit on 16-11-2012 by drock905 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by atzmaz
we shouldn't allow people to debase the issues by talking about things like appearance or sexuality.

ALLOW? Did you actually say .... 'ALLOW'??? So we shouldn't ALLOW people to make comments on their own personal Facebook page or Twitter accounts? Buddy .. no matter if you agree with her comments or not .. you have no business DIS-ALLOWING anyone to post comments like that on their personal accounts.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I get The impression that the people that have joined recently want America to return to some make believe version of the 1950's that never existed, seriously think about what this tread is about, a woman has short hair so she looks like a guy? Really? This is what this site has turned into?

Or, another way to look at it. A guy states his opinion on how someone looks, and what they portray, and he gets demonized, suspended, and lambasted for voicing a simple opinion. Is this what the world has turned into? No one is allowed to comment on an observation, or verbalize what a whole bunch of people are probably thinking? Worse yet, it has turned into a world where a bunch of do-gooders get offended on behalf of someone else who probably was never offended to begin with? An issue where there is no issue, but dare to speak up and risk being called a child, or a hate-monger, or worse? Just for speaking a somewhat sarcastic or comical take on a rather apparent observation?

I happen to think Rachel Maddow is kind of attractive as well. I also think fitness models with their muscular abs, and legs and backs and shoulders are attractive, but some men think they are repulsive. Who cares? I rarely agree with anything Rachel Maddow says, but I think she is extremely intelligent and well-spoken. I also typically hate short hair, but I think she has nice skin and eyes and features, and she makes it attractive. And, even admitting to all of that, calling her an "angry young man" is still funny, and poignant, and somewhat accurate in a sarcastic kind of way, and I think even Rachel Maddow would probably laugh at it, so the problem isn't the guy who said it, or the girl who portrays that image, but the problem is all you nanny-state do-gooders getting offended for something that has nothing to do with you!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Stating a fact

Where is the condemnation?

Yea they do take a lot of abuse and Palin too.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I have lurked this site for years, so I am well aware of the posting quality.

There is nothing wrong with saying Maddow looks like a dude if in fact she does look like a guy.

The evidence speaks for itself.

Stating the truth does not make one racist, xenophobic, ignorant, yada yada yada.

Simply because you disagree or do not like what it being said doesnt change the truth.
edit on 16-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by modified device

whoa,I thought that was Justin Beiber for a sec.

Dude, The Beiber is a chick.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Well, wow, I guess she should take it as a compliment that she has transformed herself.

Now women do get sex change operations, they would want to be called a man, whatever they have transformed themselves into or, a, I mean what they really feel like they should have been .

Now I hear there is a group of homosexuals that think every homosexual should have a sex change operation. There is some infighting in the lesbians community over this issue, the lesbians want to remain lesbians not transgender.

Say what?

If they have the sex change operation are they still homosexuals?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
TheAngryFarm, if we're being honest, he did not tell the truth at all. Maddow is not an "angry young man", however much some might think she resembles one. A woman is a woman, regardless of appearance.

Whilst I'm not PC enough to care either about his insult, or think his suspension is justified, this is the kind of attack you make when you've lost - thoroughly and completely. If this is what you've resorted to, it's time to throw in the towel, because you're done.
edit on 16-11-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

What's up with the quaint little Howdy Doody shirts and where can I get one?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
TheAngryFarm, if we're being honest, he did not tell the truth at all. Maddow is not an "angry young man", however much some might think she resembles one. A woman is a woman, regardless of appearance.

Whilst I'm not PC enough to care either about his insult, or think his suspension is justified, this is the kind of attack you make when you've lost - thoroughly and completely. If this is what you've resorted to, it's time to throw in the towel, because you're done.
edit on 16-11-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

Could be or, if he's anything like me, just a sarcastic smartass.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join